Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Motorist takes revenge on speed camera (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/motorist-takes-revenge-speed-camera-598/)

TechmanBD 09-07-2006 12:29 PM

Motorist takes revenge on speed camera

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060907/..._speeding_dc_1

Kind of funny. But seriously hope they don't use these here in the U.S. I don't think speeding is a major cause of accidents. I don't mean as in going way over the limit. They need to start ticketing people who Tail Gate, Run red lights and NOT using their F'N turn signals.

RLSH700 09-07-2006 03:08 PM

RE: Motorist takes revenge on speed camera

I agree. The problem is that these systems from what I understand will send you a ticket in the mail by picturing your license plate. If someone borrows your car and speeds in it, how will you prove that you are innocent. It's too Big Brother like for me.

awsure 09-08-2006 12:28 AM

Check this girl out...................................

PHOENIX, Arizona (Reuters) - As a mortgage broker in Arizona, Francesca Cisneros is used to working with big numbers. It's the double-digit speed limits she has trouble with.

Cisneros racked up 70 speeding tickets in the last five months, a record for the Scottsdale Police Department, police said on Friday.

Speeding cameras in Scottsdale, a suburb of Phoenix, snapped pictures of the 32-year-old woman as she tore through the sun-baked city in her Honda Civic between March 2 and July 31.

"She told arresting officers she was speeding because she seemed to be late for client meetings all the time," Scottsdale Police Department spokesman Mark Clark told Reuters. "I guess she's got some time management issues."

The second-worst offender in the department's history accumulated a mere 25 tickets, Clark said.

Police said Cisneros said she threw her speeding tickets away because she thought nothing could happen to her if she didn't pay them.

Clark said Cisneros faces some $11,000 in fines and could have her license suspended.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...NG.xml&src=rss

RLSH700 09-08-2006 02:02 AM

Unbelieveable. I can't believe their are people who are actually that foolish. I think the license should have ben revoked a long time ago. I wonder how many tickets she managed to sweet talk her way out of.:eek:

Jeremiah 29:11 09-09-2006 10:34 AM

Yes, but typically if the license plate is not readable and whose driving it and not clearly seen you can usually get away with not paying the fine
because they can't prove who was driving the car at the time.

They actually sell optical lenses for license plates which keeps cameras from reading the license plate when viewed from off angle.

Jeremiah 29:11 09-09-2006 10:37 AM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Unbelieveable. I can't believe their are people who are actually that foolish. I think the license should have ben revoked a long time ago. I wonder how many tickets she managed to sweet talk her way out of.:eek:
We had a new comer who moved here from New York City, and she couldn't believe she actually got a speeding ticket in Texas and that she was supposed to follow
the speed limit signs that closely.

When I talked to her about it and she told me here experience, I laughed and told her welcome to Texas.

RLSH700 09-10-2006 07:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

We had a new comer who moved here from New York City, and she couldn't believe she actually got a speeding ticket in Texas and that she was supposed to follow
the speed limit signs that closely.

When I talked to her about it and she told me here experience, I laughed and told her welcome to Texas.

The people I know who live let alone visit New York City, say it is a completely different driving experience because people will ignore Stop signs as well as traffic lights. These roads in the city that go around in a circle they say is like demolation durby. You risk your life driving out there. That is one of the many reasons why people prefer to take public transportion over there.

RLSH700 09-10-2006 07:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Yes, but typically if the license plate is not readable and whose driving it and not clearly seen you can usually get away with not paying the fine
because they can't prove who was driving the car at the time.

They actually sell optical lenses for license plates which keeps cameras from reading the license plate when viewed from off angle.
Yeah I've heard of those. The way I see it is if they want to catch someone for doing that, they should have to be there to witness it. I don't feel comfortable having cameras all over the place.