Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   My Love for Weapons (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/my-love-weapons-177/)

Paladin06 03-14-2006 01:10 PM

RE: My Love for Weapons

Some pics of my toys.;)

RLSH700 03-30-2006 11:26 PM

Nice! I'll have to add that to my list of weapons to buy when I have the money to spend on them. My brother has a SKS and Mauser, as well as a Colt .44 Magnum semi-automatic. Thank God for the Second Amendment!

Paladin06 04-28-2006 03:07 PM

I thought I'd share a few pics of my children. Lets see yours.

1 Bad Mirada 04-28-2006 03:48 PM

while i am by no means for gun control, i dont understand the people who have an arsenal in their house. ive asked alot of people, and mostly they just get defensive and call me a liberal...:eek:

i will admit, that i know very little about guns, but i have done some shooting at ranges and such. my brother in law has a glock that is some special edition...yadda yadda...imported from germeny...but that gun appears to be an assult rifle, and i thought that they were illegal? or are people trying to make them illegal...

i see SO many stories on the various forums about how this person is pissed about this or that, so he (or more usually she) is going to buy a hand gun...these are the kind of people, IMO, who end up dead, shot by their own gun.

Paladin06 04-28-2006 03:57 PM

I do not nor will I ever own an illegal or unregistered weapon. A weapon is a tool like any other tool. Why so many? Why do some people have more then one car? Why more then one book, why more then one women, why more then one child, we could go on forever.

The truth is cars kill more people in this country everyday then guns and guns don't kill people, people kill people..

Peace!;)

Note my signature!

1 Bad Mirada 04-28-2006 04:31 PM

so that large gun is legal? does it require a special permit or something?

TechmanBD 04-28-2006 06:14 PM

Not in all states. Cali it was legal to have up until a few years ago. But if you had one before the law took affect and was registered, you are still allowed to have it.

Jeremiah 29:11 04-28-2006 09:48 PM

Regarding weapons.....some basic common sense rules. There are some basic weapons rules but I won't mention them there.

1. You never point a gun at anybody or anything you don't intend to shoot. Even in the dark you have got to be able to see who or what it is.
In hunting you never shoot a bush that is shaking. You find out what is then do what you need to do otherwise you risk killing somebody.

2. You never keep you finger on the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
TV actors do not know what they are doing and too many people think they can learn by watching cop shows. Most of the guys hold the gun wrong anyway.
Steven Segal is one of the few who is an expert. By the way there is not such thing as a warning shot. Police officers do not to that. That is just in the movies.

i.e. you are walking around with your finger on the trigger.....you are startled and you squeeze the trigger accidently....well you just shot something you didn't mean to.

3. If you have never shot a gun take lessons from a professional.
It cracks me up to see so many guys at the gun range trying to teach their wife or girlfriend and they don't know how to handle a gun themselves. This is the blind leading the blind.

4. If you have to shoot know what is behind what you are shooting. There may another innocent life there.

5. Shoot to kill is so wrong.....you shoot to stop. Know the ramifications as you may mess yourself up psychologically for life, be sued for everything your worth in civil court, and oh by the way
you just took human life.

6. When you have done everything to diffuse the situation, your life or family member is in immediate life threatening situation and you can't get away (always better to leave and run)then
you have to decide what you are going to do and live with the consequences.

Basically, 1. is he a threat(is he telling me how he is going to hurt me), 2. does he have a way to do me bodily harm( is there a weapon in his hand), and only if he is 3. acting on that threat(is he coming at me. Some guy yelling at me with a weapon and is coming at me but he has crutches......well I think I can out run him.

I am sure this will inspire a response.

Paladin06 04-28-2006 09:57 PM

Very good feedback except for #5. When in combat, shoot to kill. You don't want to leave your enemy too fight another day.

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Regarding weapons.....some basic common sense rules. There are some basic weapons rules but I won't mention them there.

1. You never point a gun at anybody or anything you intend to shoot. Even in the dark you have got to be able to see who or what it is.
In hunting you never shoot a bush that is shaking. You find out what is then do what you need to do otherwise you risk killing somebody.

2. You never keep you finger on the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
TV actors do not know what they are doing and too many people think they can learn by watching cop shows. Most of the guys hold the gun wrong anyway.
Steven Segal is one of the few who is an expert. By the way there is not such thing as a warning shot. Police officers do not to that. That is just in the movies.

i.e. you are walking around with your finger on the trigger.....you are startled and you squeeze the trigger accidently....well you just shot something you didn't mean to.

3. If you have never shot a gun take lessons from a professional.
It cracks me up to see so many guys at the gun range trying to teach their wife or girlfriend and they don't know how to handle a gun themselves. This is the blind leading the blind.

4. If you have to shoot know what is behind what you are shooting. There may another innocent life there.

5. Shoot to kill is so wrong.....you shoot to stop. Know the ramifications as you may mess yourself up psychologically for life, be sued for everything your worth in civil court, and oh by the way
you just took human life.

6. When you have done everything to diffuse the situation, you life or family member is in immediate life threatening situation and you can't get away (always better to leave and run)then
you have to decide what you are going to do and live with the consequences.

Basically, 1. is he a threat(is he telling me how he is going to hurt me), 2. does he have a way to do me bodily harm( is there a weapon in his hand), and only if he is 3. acting on that threat(is he coming at me. Some guy yelling at me with a weapon and is coming at me but he has crutches......well I think I can out run him.

I am sure this will inspire a response.

Jeremiah 29:11 04-28-2006 11:54 PM

I totally agree and was assuming the people reading this were not in war but civilians.

Of course, I know some of our veterans overseas have read this forum and am appreciative and very thankful of what they are doing.

At some time I hope they can all come back home to the U.S. and when they come back, they are no longer in a war and have to abide
by the laws of this land. Shooting someone until they are dead would be frowned upon by the court of law.

I am thankful of what you did because I read you too served our country.

Thanks for bringing my comment to my attention because anybody reading this and going to war has to think differently.