Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Need some wheels for the Cuda! (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/need-some-wheels-cuda-7302/)

tdub2112 02-09-2010 03:12 PM

Need some wheels for the Cuda!

Well everyone, After spending the harsh idaho winter in storage i guess my dad has decided that we're pulling the Cuda out on Saturday. So, we've got a tight budget (sort of) and we have a bit to do.

The list of stuff to do goes about like this:

1. Sand car down, Bondo junk and weld up some new QP's
2. Paint car original Mopar Copper color (Which I have no idea what the paint code is for the '67's. Any help on that?)
3. Replace seats and carpet.
4. New CD player and speakers.
5. Wheels and tires (Which means Tanner gets to have a sweet burn out video to show off to his buddies on the old set of tires. :D)

We have everthing planned out for the car except the original paint code and a wheel/tire combo.

So, as of now, we know that it has 5x4 bolt pattern on 15 inch wheels. But i've looked around a bit and cannot find ANY stupid wheels that are that bolt pattern! What's with that? Anywho, If you've come across an aftermarket manufacturer that makes wheels with a 5x4 bolt pattern, post 'em up and i'll see what the old man thinks.

P.S. I'm not exactly sure if the bolt pattern is 100% true. My dad said it was 4 1/4', but a couple websites said 4'. We'll have to see on Saturday.

tdub2112 02-09-2010 03:37 PM

Oh! One more thing on the list:
6. Dual Exhuast

73sixpack 02-10-2010 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by tdub2112 (Post 74070)
So, as of now, we know that it has 5x4 bolt pattern on 15 inch wheels. But i've looked around a bit and cannot find ANY stupid wheels that are that bolt pattern! What's with that? Anywho, If you've come across an aftermarket manufacturer that makes wheels with a 5x4 bolt pattern, post 'em up and i'll see what the old man thinks.

P.S. I'm not exactly sure if the bolt pattern is 100% true. My dad said it was 4 1/4', but a couple websites said 4'. We'll have to see on Saturday.

I don't know the year of your Cuda, but I'm guessing it's 67 because of your paint code reference, if so it is an "A" body. The A bodies had the small bolt pattern till (I think) 72, after that they are the same as the B,E,C,M, bodies...ect, ect. Should be able to find them at Summit Racing, or Jeg's Racing catalogs, if not in the catalogs give them a call. If your looking for stock wheels, they're out there, but only steel wheels with hub caps. I don't remember ever seeing a styled wheel in the small bolt pattern.

RareTA 02-10-2010 04:19 AM

Unless someone changed them they will be the 4in bolt pattern. The wheel choices will be very limited because of it. You can swap out later A body front disk and rear end to get the larger bolt pattern. I think it's well worth the effort and you wheel choices will be endless.

tdub2112 02-16-2010 02:55 PM

So. We've been considering getting adapters. Anyone heard of them slipping off because they weren't snugged down tight enough? My dad told me about a guy that had his wheels fall off or something with his adapters. Do you think if we just got some high quality adapters and torqued them down tight we'd be fine?

Or could we be able to get our tire and wheel shop to order some 5x4's from the manufacturer? We're shootin' in the dark here. But it's no rush, the Cuda isn't going anywhere.

lear4406 02-19-2010 03:11 AM

They had really nice looking rallye wheels for this bolt pattern. The 70-72 rallyes are really nice. Dusters had them or you can use adapters. I did on the back of my 72 Duster for the Crager SS I put on it. Where theres a will theres a way. Oh also I had no problem with the adapters I used on the back.

rickerda 02-20-2010 04:09 AM

You have three options when it comes to your wheels,
1) Locate a set of used wheels, junk yards, swap meets. You may want to see if there is a MOPAR club in your area.
2) Check magazines like MOPAR Action and MOPAR Muscle (or their web site) there are several supplier of wheels for 60-70 MOPARs
3) If you’re planning to go with modern wheels and tire combination, you may want to consider a disc brake conversion kit.

Wheelvintiques.com
Stocktonwheel.com
Specialtywheel.com
Cokertire.com

As for the "adapters" they are great, if you don't plan on driving the car, I think in the long run you'll enjoy driving more if you don't have to worry the adapter failing. Back in the 60s you did have the option of a conversion kit, but it's the way to go if you're building a driver.