Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Need some wisdom! (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/need-some-wisdom-7575/)

Tellors2LTRS 06-05-2010 07:51 PM

Need some wisdom!

Ok guys go easy! lol I currently own a 2010 camaro 2LT/RS one of the local dealers near me has gotten a 2009 challenger 3.5L gun metal in color (dont know name of color sorry) my question is what are the differences in these car i love the look of both the camaro has that sexy run way model look but the challenger to me screems muscle!:D i would like to buy it out right but my wife would like to trade instead just need some insight on everything? like i said i love my camaro the handle the look the power (granted its not the 8) lol should i go for it or go for a new one with a bigger motor? more options?

cfan 06-06-2010 05:03 AM

Tellors I'll have to have to agree with you...I think the Camaros look cool,even the new Mustang looks cool.....but what do you want in a modern muscle car? The Challenger fills the requirerments the BEST in most of real world driving. 90% of the time you are driving somewhere with your wife,kids or friends and in the camaro or mustang---THEY DON'T FIT or ARE UNCONFORTABLE. 5% of the time you race or show off...you give up a couple of tenths of a second to the camaro/mustang.Your wife will enjoy the ride and performance of the R/T the best and the price will be closer to 32000-35000---mine was 32,670. If you want it faster... up grade later but go with the V8.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

RareTA 06-07-2010 03:20 AM

I do like the retro Mustang but I don't care for the Camero. It just is not retro enough for me. I think the Challenger would fit a family much better as it has a larger trunk and way more room in the cabin. I don't race anymore. Did plenty of that in the 60's and 70's. I'll leave that to the younger crowd. I do like to have fun though so we went with an R/T. I didn't think the 10K extra was worth it for an SRT. In the end I guess only you and your wife can answer your question. If you can swing owning both then go that route. If not then I think I'd trade for the Challenger in what ever trim level you're comfortable with. Just my .02

RareTA 06-07-2010 03:22 AM

Almost forgot...................WELCOME to the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dragontamer63 06-09-2010 11:47 AM

Mixed reviews

Tellors,

Having never driven either the Camaro or the Mustang I can't offer a completely qualified opinion but I will say this; I've read 3 or 4 articles in various auto publications comparing the 3 leading new production muscle cars and it seems to be a consensus among them that while the Camaro's V-6 has the edge in performance, the all around choice for styling and comfort and general drivablity goes hands down to the Challenger. Many factors come into play when making a choice of this nature. Product loyalty certainly has alot to do with it and I admit, I've been a "Mopar man" since I was old enough to drive. All 3, Challenger, Camaro and Mustang, are really nice cars as far as I can tell but there's just something about that Challenger that makes it stand out from the others. Good luck in your choice.

HEMIKID 06-11-2010 10:32 AM

+1 to what dragon said.

As I said in another thread, the new Challenger does something better than either the Camaro or the Mustang, and that's bring back the look and feel of the good ol' days of muscle and make me feel like a kid again...