Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Nissan GT-R Spec-V details released (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/nissan-gt-r-spec-v-details-released-5464/)

trev0006 12-01-2008 04:54 PM

Nissan GT-R Spec-V details released

Nissan GT-R Spec-V details released
http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content...t-r_spec_v.jpg
Nissan wonft be attending the 2009 Detroit Auto Show, but prior to the press days Nissan will unveil the new Nissan GT-R Spec-V and thanks to GTRBlog, we have all the specs on the new lighter, faster and more powerful Spec-V model.

Nissan is expected to make only 10 units a month of the special-edition model with prices starting at 15,000,000 yen ($153,625 USD). The new Nissan GT-Spec V will make its official debut on January 8th, 2009 with the following changes:

Engine/Drivetrain:

- Engine output increased to 520-hp.
- Transmission mode selection button has been removed.
- Overboost button for increased midrange boost during overtaking.
- Carbon brakes.

Interior:

- Carbon fibre MFD surround
- Carbon fibre mirror switch surround
- Black interior only
- Silver painted panels are now chrome
- Carbon fibre front seats
- Carbon fibre rear shelf replaces seats

Exterior:

- Carbon fibre grille painted matte clear
- Carbon fibre rear wing painted matte clear
- Carbon fibre ducts in front lip spoiler
- New colour available: Ultimate Black Pearl, this is said to be a purplish black
- Available colours: Ultimate Black Pearl, Brilliant White (new for MY09), Red, Dark Metal Gray, Black

Wheels and Suspension:

- Rays 20 Forged Aluminum Wheels
- Bilstein Damptronic suspension upgraded, superiour in performance to the Nismo ClubSport package suspension

Optional Extras:

- Dunlop Tires (no cost option)
- Thatcham alarm system
- BOSE Sound System and ETC (Electronic Toll Card system)
- Ultimate Black Pearl Paint - a 577,500 yen option

Source: egmcartech.com

canadiancanuck 12-03-2008 08:03 AM

RE: Nissan GT-R Spec-V details released

Bad enough the GT-R is having HUGE issues here in Canada, Nissan Canada has now decided to void any and all warranties on the GT-R where the owner has used the launch control more than 4 times. 3 owners here in the city are now suing Nissan Canada after warranties were nulled when these vehicles came into service with check engine lights on... now in all fairness, it could very well be the drivers as well, however the car was built with this type of sport driving in mind... did they really think a new owner was NOT going to race their cars? c'mon how nieve. Anyways 1 owner has literally walked away from his car and left it at the dealership after the dealer informed him that Nissan Canada would not warranty the car after he used the launch control too many times.

Thor77 12-09-2008 11:28 AM

There are so many controversies, legends, myths, mysteries etc surrounding this car it is hilarious.

canadiancanuck 12-09-2008 12:32 PM

I agree there is alot of speculations surrounding this car, however Dale has one here at my office and he's the guy that walked away from his car. on his last invoice for an oil change there is a note in quotations " Please advise owner, due to re-occuring issues with their lauch control option. Nissan Canada has carefully examined and determined they will no longer fullfill the warranty with the control device or any other associated mechanism....." I'm not shitten ya, but again, how he drives his car is another matter altogether, so I can't fairly comment,

but I do find Nissan to be a bit too tight on warranty. I worked for an infiniti dealership and had sooo many warranty denials over silly ass things. Best one was they voided a complete warranty on a brand new QX4 because the claim we submitted was thatthe little orange reflectors were loose in the headlamp housing. Nissan denied the calim on grounds that the vehice MUST have been in some sort of front end collision for this to be caused.......... ummm the lady bought the truck literally a day earlier, and didn't hit anything????

BLK 6050 12-10-2008 07:06 AM

Big Brother has his eyes on the Nissan GT-R
The big question would be.....is it wrtten somewhere in the warranty that the "overuse" of the launch control will void warranty? And, how do they determine what is "overuse" of the launch control...three times, four times, etc.... And, why even offer it if they don't want you to use it? What good is it?
It's a waste to even buy the car if Nissan will not honor the warranty because you use a system that they supplied.....they can keep their cars...

(What if Dodge did the same thing to those that turn-off the ESP to help their launches?)

mopar2ya 12-10-2008 07:20 AM

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050
And, how do they determine what is "overuse" of the launch control...three times, four times, etc.... And, why even offer it if they don't want you to use it?
OBVIOUSLY... if you break the car using this feature you have over used it... :)