Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Our military guys are impressive! (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/our-military-guys-impressive-1827/)

Jeremiah 29:11 09-28-2007 02:11 PM

Our military guys are impressive!

If you don't think our military pilots earn their pay ... you need to take a look at this picture ... and then look again and realize what you're seeing .

This photo was taken by a soldier in Afghanistan of a helo rescue mission. The pilot is a PA Guard guy who flies EMS choppers in civilian life. Now how many people on the planet you reckon could set the rear end of a chopper down on the roof top of a shack on a steep mountain cliff and hold it there while soldiers load wounded men in the rear??? God Bless our military!!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/34B5EC9DEBFB4845B22D8089CBB9DBF6.jpg[/IMG]

Challenged Fireman 09-28-2007 07:46 PM

RE: Our military guys are impressive!

Being in the fire/EMS service for 8 years, I've seen those pilots put their birds down in some tight places, but that pic right there is amazing. Very cool.

Jeremiah 29:11 09-28-2007 09:32 PM

Surprising it did not crush the building.

lear4406 09-29-2007 04:51 AM

Very impessive indeed! Those guys are the best in the world. Our soldiers are the best in the world. I just wish they had the best in the world support from the American people. You don't have to support the war... but for the love of GOD support the Men and Women in our armed forces. They have a impossible task, the rules of engagement dictated by the whiners in the press have made their task almost impossible to carry out and protect their fellow soldiers and themselves. They have little say in where they go, but they have to give it their 100% for their safety and the safety of their fellow soldiers. And most, 99% do it by the book. A few do not care. And they are all judged by that 1%. Crying shame for sure.[&o]

Yankee 09-29-2007 07:33 AM

Thanks everyone... and you're welcome ;)

RLSH700 09-29-2007 11:12 AM

My cousin is deployed in Iraq currently and many other friends who are serving. I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet; however, I had the chance to talk to all kinds of people who served over there this summer as I was working at a particular military base as a civilian employee. It was an honor to work around with our troops. What was an added bonus was the fact that they were the most polite, friendly, and repectful people I have ever worked with before in my life. I even got to talk to people who worked previously at places such as Abu Graib. Very interesting to compare what you hear in the news in comparison to what really happens. Our troops are severely underpaid and underappreciated. People who constantly bad mouth our troops' efforts and call them names do that out of ignorance. They are the cream of the crop from our country.

IndigoCrush 10-02-2007 08:19 AM

I definitely appreciate our military. that photograph is very telling of the skills that our troops have. they definitely earn their worth and deserve more.

RLSH700 10-04-2007 07:20 PM

ORIGINAL: IndigoCrush

I definitely appreciate our military. that photograph is very telling of the skills that our troops have. they definitely earn their worth and deserve more.
Agreed! If anything they are underappreciated. I'm just glad that the one that I have in class is treated well and appreciated by everyone in the class. The advantage of smaller universities I guess.