Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   PS Cooler (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/ps-cooler-7357/)

RareTA 02-26-2010 09:41 AM

PS Cooler

Has anyone else gotten a recall for the power steering? Its a recall campaign Number 10-006. It looks like they have to take the front of the car off to do it. I got an email from Dodge to take my car in for this but there is NO way I'm letting some tech rip my car apart. Looks like it may only apply to cold weather cars.

PRND3L 02-28-2010 06:04 AM

I have done a few of them, taking the facia off is tricky but once you do one, they arent that bad. You have to look and see if you have a seperate P/S cooler bolted to the front of your condenser, if you do, no further repair is nessicary, if you dont, you have to install a P/S cooler, new lines and blow out the stock cooler that is intigrated in the Condenser. I guess the passages are too small and can freeze under severe conditions.

RareTA 02-28-2010 07:26 AM

I have a question. I live in North Dakota and my car has been parked since our first snow in Oct. I will never drive it in the winter so I'm not going to get this done. As far as I'm concerned it should be OK. Is there any problem just leaving it alone?

PRND3L 02-28-2010 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by RareTA (Post 74398)
I have a question. I live in North Dakota and my car has been parked since our first snow in Oct. I will never drive it in the winter so I'm not going to get this done. As far as I'm concerned it should be OK. Is there any problem just leaving it alone?

If you dont drive it in the winter, i wouldnt be concerned. It isnt a recall. Basicly, all that will happen if that cooler freezes, the wheel will not return to center as easily, you wont loose power steering and you wont crash. The condenser (which houses the tranny cooler and P/S cooler) will heat up after 10 min anyways.

RareTA 02-28-2010 12:41 PM

Thank you!!!! My problem with doing it is that some guy that doesn't look at the car the same way I do will do the work. He is more interested in beating flat rate than worrying about my car. I see chip, scratches and smudges on the front. Then the fight starts as they claim it came in that way.

PRND3L 02-28-2010 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by RareTA (Post 74403)
Thank you!!!! My problem with doing it is that some guy that doesn't look at the car the same way I do will do the work. He is more interested in beating flat rate than worrying about my car. I see chip, scratches and smudges on the front. Then the fight starts as they claim it came in that way.

This rapid response involves Challengers, chargers, and 300s. They give me all the SRTs and Challengers because i actually care about the cars looking perfect. If you are ever in SE WI and want it done, ill do it. You can even watch me if you want.

RareTA 02-28-2010 04:26 PM

Thanks for the offer. I will be comming through in July on our was to Carlisle Pa. The problem is we will have the T/A in tow. We are going out for the 40Th reunion gathering in Carlisle.