Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Revealed: Official Shots of 2010 Chevrolet Camaro (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/revealed-official-shots-2010-chevrolet-camaro-3945/)

joeyr 07-19-2008 09:34 PM

Revealed: Official Shots of 2010 Chevrolet Camaro

DETROIT — Images and details of the all-new 2010 Chevrolet Camaro began circulating on the Web Friday afternoon, three days ahead of the production car's official unveiling. Parent General Motors has scheduled a live webcast on gmnext.com for 4:00 p.m. EDT, Monday, July 21, when executives plan to formally pull the wraps off the new Camaro.

Among the first Web sites to break GM's Monday embargo was U.K.-based CarTribe, which said the car will be offered in three trim levels — LS, LT and SS — although one of the official images also displays RS badging in the grille. Engine choices include a 296-horsepower 3.6-liter V6 and a 416-hp 6.2-liter V8, with either a six-speed manual or automatic gearbox.

Other features, according to CarTribe, include stability control, Brembo brakes (on the SS), retro-themed gauges and LED interior lighting. The car will weigh around 3,750 pounds, with a 52/48 front/rear weight distribution.

Early production versions of the car will go on sale shortly after the new year.

GM's gmnext.com Webcast will host live chats on Tuesday with John Fitzpatrick, Camaro marketing manager; Michael Simcoe, executive director of exterior design; and Doug Houlihan, global vehicle chief engineer.

What this means to you: The new Camaro only gets better-looking with each new batch of images. — Paul Lienert, Correspondent

TO see pics/article: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=129406

RUBBERBNDMAN 07-19-2008 10:04 PM

RE: Revealed: Official Shots of 2010 Chevrolet Camaro

To me it looks like they took the 1969 1970 and 1984 and kinda mixed them together.They could at least stick a blue bow tie on it.

RoswellGrey 07-20-2008 02:14 AM

Frankly, I'd be more impressed if they brought back the '63 Impala SS with a 327 and 2-speed Powerglide that could be used with glasspacks to simulate the sound of a 4-speed manual. A buddy of mine had one back in '71-'72 till it got broadsided by a Chrysler. The Chevrolet had the brightest interior of any car I've ever seen when a door was open, with no less than SEVEN interior lights. All in all, a damn fine vehicle.

mopar2ya 07-20-2008 04:18 AM

Didnt appear to be anything new with the pics, looks pretty much the same as weve been seeing for a long time. Just dosent do it for me... but with a new Challenger sitting in my garage... well, you know... ;)

RUBBERBNDMAN 07-20-2008 06:53 AM

1 in garage is better than 2 on internet...

Billionaire 07-20-2008 08:58 AM

It sucks.

RUBBERBNDMAN 07-20-2008 09:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Billionaire

It sucks.

Yes it does but my wife likes it. Her family is Chev mine is MOPAR. I like dependable products like my Apple computers.

Billionaire 07-20-2008 09:06 AM

GM has some really bad car body designers.

RUBBERBNDMAN 07-20-2008 09:23 AM

I wonder what it will sound like...Jetsons Family sedan maybe?

MrKrisSullivan 07-20-2008 10:40 AM

how about the 3.6 putting out almost 300 horses...jeez that's impresive...ford has a 4.6 doing the samething
Anyone find that at least a little remarkable???

RoswellGrey 07-20-2008 11:41 AM

Well, after looking at the pics carefully, I've decided that I'd get one, if a rich woman gave it to me or I won it as the prize in a drawing. ;)

kramtrah 07-20-2008 01:58 PM

then sell it to pay the taxes and use the remaining money on something really worth it, like a DODGE CHALLENGER n:D

Justinec101 07-22-2008 06:23 PM

The V6 is lighter than the challenger and has 50 more hp. . .

I'd have one if I won the lottery. . . of course I'd have a lot of cars if I won the lottery.

RyanNY 07-22-2008 07:43 PM

It's alright. I personally prefer the styling of the Challenger. ;)

FAD1 07-22-2008 10:19 PM

You got to admit though, the Camaro will defeat all aspects of the Challenger, yes even the interior. You cant blame me, I'm a Chevy guy, but I wish Dodge made 300 HP on their SE. Now that the redesigned Mustang is going to be unveiled later this year, I believe a HP war is going to start. What do you all think?

kevin2323 07-23-2008 12:32 AM

lol the camaro weights 3900 lbs they ot owned they thought the challenger was no competion. THINK AGAIN. Im so glad i owned all those uys on the camaro forum by telling them their car would weigh similar to the challenger.

kevin2323 07-23-2008 12:34 AM

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

how about the 3.6 putting out almost 300 horses...jeez that's impresive...ford has a 4.6 doing the samething
not when the 4.6 is an explorer engine. plus the phoenix engine coming out in 2010 will destroy those v6s.

lear4406 07-23-2008 03:20 AM

Before I make a decision I will give the Camaro the same respect I gave the Challenger. I'll reserve the comparisons when the actual product hits the street. Apples to apples. Until then its all speculation and arm chair warriors.:D Bench racing so to say.

LXSRT8 07-23-2008 05:15 AM

LXSRT8 07-23-2008 05:20 AM

how about the 3.6 putting out almost 300 horses...jeez thats impresive...ford has a 4.6 doing the samething
I found out that for some reason, I can not have the quote or apostrophe character ANYWHERE in my message or I get a browser error when I Preview it or try to Post it.

Only happens on this board. I tried the exact paragraph that wont work in here on the Charger forum and it was fine.

See next post for more deatils on that.

Now that I figured it out, I can correctly do the post I made above so let me try again:

The Nissan 350Z has a 3.5 Liter engine and it puts out 306 horses with almost the same amount of torque (285) .

It gets that horsepower without "cheating" ie. No Turbo or NOS or whatever.
Just good old technology with such things as 4 valves per cylinder and Variable Intake & Exhaust Timing

I had one until I sold it last year to buy a Charger SRT. Thanks to the torque on that Z , It was the torque that got me hooked to buy the Cherger SRT

I call it my Charger my "4 door Challenger"

Going from that high tech V6 to the 6.1 Hemi has been fun. Fun because when people ask me how much HP, they then ask "how many valves per cylinder"
I reply with 2. One for the Intake and one for the Exhasut and it is a push rod engine. Not overhead valve. That really gets me funny looks:)

LXSRT8 07-23-2008 05:25 AM

Is there a character count limit for new members?

I ask because the previous message I posted comes back with a web browser error. I just kept deleteing more and more words and it finally posted without an error message

[IMG]local://upfiles/1596/3D76DD7D3FD044A09CDE45D9A9B263FF.jpg[/IMG]

Click on the Thumbnail and you WILL see a screen snapshot of the error message.
Do not conclude what you see by thinking YOU are having a browser problem. That is the message I get when I try and post or Preview the message

This is the craziest thing I have ever seen

I have been messing with this post by editing it and trying various things with the text and I have found a patttern

It is not a character limit. It has something to so with using formatting

For example, I can add a sentnce that has this phrase in it: Do Not

BUT

If I add a sentance that uses the contraction form of : Do Not
I get that error message

Ie. If I try to use Dont with the apostrophe between the n and the t, I get the error message when I try to post or preview it

It may be the apostrophe that is the culprit. I will got to a test area of the forum and mess with this

At least now I can go back and fix the post that is blank

MrKrisSullivan 07-23-2008 08:29 PM

well I don't know what your talking about kevin with the explorer engine.... because im talking about the mustang V8 GT putting out 300hp vs. a Camaro V6 putting out 300
Yes I do know about the Pheonix engine but we'll see when it gets here and from what I know the Phoenix is a 4.0 so why doesn't it put out more than 300??
Give it to the Camaro for that alone....

Justinec101 07-23-2008 09:30 PM

LXSRT8, No theres been issues with the forum. Its been going on for over a month now. At times Ill have a whole post typed and lose it because of the errors. Ive mostly just been posting less because of it. Mostly it seems to have to do with punctuation. Dont use much more than periods and you should be alright. Its frustrating for me because I type about 100 wpm and rarely miss an apostrophe or slash and I have to go back and cut them all out of my posts. . . Also I think I am the only person on the entire internet who knows the correct usage of the different -its- and not being able to show my superior intellect in my posts about dodge challengers makes me sad.

kevin2323 07-23-2008 10:42 PM

well I don't know what your talking about kevin with the explorer engine.... because im talking about the mustang V8 GT putting out 300hp vs. a Camaro V6 putting out 300
Yes I do know about the Pheonix engine but we'll see when it gets here and from what I know the Phoenix is a 4.0 so why doesn't it put out more than 300??
Give it to the Camaro for that alone....
you know me kris i was just trashing the mustang. Yea both v6s are great, I don't care, I care about v8s and the new camaro at 3900+ lbs is as fat as our challenger.

LXSRT8 07-24-2008 08:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Justinec101

LXSRT8, No theres been issues with the forum. Its been going on for over a month now. At times Ill have a whole post typed and lose it because of the errors. Ive mostly just been posting less because of it. Mostly it seems to have to do with punctuation. Dont use much more than periods and you should be alright. Its frustrating for me because I type about 100 wpm and rarely miss an apostrophe or slash and I have to go back and cut them all out of my posts. . . Also I think I am the only person on the entire internet who knows the correct usage of the different -its- and not being able to show my superior intellect in my posts about dodge challengers makes me sad.
Thanks for the reply I thought I had something setup wrong since I am a new registrant.

BTW What I have learned to do on all forums and such where I will be entereing a long message is that I do it all in Word with lots of CTRLS done while I am typeing.
For short ones before I hit Post or Preview, I do CTRLA and CTRLC

I type fast also and there is nothing worse than hitting the Browsers backspace key by accident and being sent back one page that has your blank form which you were entering OR hitting preview and getting the web page can not be displayed and losing everything you typed.

Sorry for highjacking the thread.

To get back on track, let me say this: I have never been a Chevy or Ford fan so I can not get excited over owning the Camero. It does one good thing though which is why i am glad that they are bringing the Camero out. That is that it means that it will keep the interest level high in the new generation of muscle cars so hopefully they wont be killed off due to high gas prices.
I was old enough to fall in love with the Muscle cars back then but not old enough to buy or own one Missed by only 5 years

While I am Mopar all the way, I have always been a fan of one car that GM makes and that is the GTO. It was such a shame the way they screwed that up in 2005. I assume that the careful approach they are doing with the Camero is from the Lesson learned with the Goat.

PS: I think I am going elsewhere to talk about the challenger. This error in the forum is REALLY annoying. I had to literally paste the whole message into Word and slowly bring back it back in with edits until I got a preview that did not generate an explorere error

This PS took me almost 5 minutes to get right This nuts!