Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Should we consider a "Challenger Rendezvous"? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/should-we-consider-%22challenger-rendezvous%22-2391/)

BootCamp 01-27-2008 08:46 AM

Should we consider a "Challenger Rendezvous"?

We're almost there.....
The production Challenger will finally debut at the Chicago Auto Show in less than two weeks.
Orders have been placed, and still others are (impatiently) waiting to order/buy theirs.
The excitement is culminating with the anticipation of actually putting our hands on the car - OUR car - very soon.
It all brings us to the next logical step........

With nearly 1200 members of this forum, probably the largest collection of Challenger enthusiasts anywhere, do I dare suggest we consider starting a yearly gathering or "Renzdezvous" of our members and their Challengers?
Is something like this worth doing?
Is there enough interest in getting together in one place for a weekend of "Challenger Appreciation" and friendly exchange of ideas once a year somewhere centralized so (nearly) everyone has less than a day's drive to get there?

Positive or negative, post your ideas here and we can see if it would be worth taking this past the "idea stage" to the "planning stage".

Paladin06 01-27-2008 09:13 AM

RE: Should we consider a "Challenger Rendezvous"?

Sounds like an excellent idea to me. You got my vote!!

Dodge Favre ever 01-27-2008 09:45 AM

You have my vote too. The First place should be at the Chicago Auto Show. Don't have to tell you where inside. ;) I'll will be wearing my Dodge red & white No. 9 Kasey Kahne jacket.

BootCamp 01-27-2008 10:40 AM

I was thinking something in the Detroit / Auburn Hills area in the summer of '09. We would benefit from better weather, a fairly "centralized loaction", and we could invite Mike Castiglione, Alan Barrington, and the Dodge VIP's to drop by.
;)
Regardless of when or where, it will take a lot of planning to pull off a successful gathering. We'll need lots of input to make it work - if we get enough support from the folks here in the forum.

Hopefully, I'll have a NEW Kasey Kahne Budweiser jacket by then. :D

Paladin06 01-27-2008 12:26 PM

I'm excited already. That's a long trip from AZ but if we have good showing, I'll be there. Might have to truck my car:D want to keep the milage down.;)

kramtrah 01-27-2008 01:56 PM

I think this is an oustanding idea. How cool would it be for us all to be spinning some rubber in the heart of muscle car central.[sm=gears.gif]

Roadrunner 01-27-2008 02:40 PM

sorry about the language

Roadrunner 01-27-2008 02:40 PM

Sounds great!

One problem for me......I have 280,000 Delta miles and no time. Tell me when and where I'll be there if UI can. I had a trip planed to be in Chicage on the 6th for the offical release and now I have to go to Xuckin NY for Business on the 6th. Nothing against NY but the timing is off.

cncpt2prod! 01-27-2008 02:46 PM

What a great idea! My wife and I will pack up the Challenger in Southern Cal and take the road trip out to Muscle car land!

70sguy 01-27-2008 03:50 PM

That would be fun, long trip for me also, fl here

mac 01-27-2008 04:34 PM

What an excellent idea and a fun road trip from Oregon. I will do it BUT I NEED TO PURCHASE MY CHALLENGER first.

Paladin06 01-27-2008 04:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Roadrunner

sorry about the language
:D:D:D

stevelegel 01-27-2008 04:50 PM

1. I organized a 5 day Detroit event for the Thunderbird forum members. I kept all my data and contacts and could reorganize to include hotel info, Walter P Chrysler Museum, Meadowboork Mansion, Edsel or Henry Ford homes, a Motown Music review, Greenfield Village and Ford truck assembly tour, visit to my collection and restoration shop. The t bird event was titled Motown Thunder. Maybe Mopars in Motown?

2. August 2008 (8th thru 10th) is Mopar nationals in Columbus (Hebron) OH. Challenger tribute year.

Steve
sclegel@comcast.net

Jeremiah 29:11 01-27-2008 05:40 PM

stevelegel....wow that sounds like a good start especially since you already know the logistics and it would be easy to replicate.

jh27n0b 01-28-2008 02:29 AM

Sounds great, Possibly at the same time as the Woodward Dream Cruise. August 16th, 2008.
Bob

BootCamp 01-28-2008 02:45 AM

ORIGINAL: jh27n0b

Sounds great, Possibly at the same time as the Woodward Dream Cruise. August 16th, 2008.
Bob

I was thinking that as well, only NEXT year.......I doubt many of us will have our Challengers this summer, so I figured we'd shoot for '09.

Albeeno 01-28-2008 05:25 AM

This is a terrific idea! I like 2009 better than 2008...just because it will give most of us here that much more time to actually get our Challengers and drive our pride and joy out to the event. You could always do one in 2008 and if it's successful, then that would provide further incentive to any of those out there who may be on the fence about this potential gathering. Either way, if it's in 2009, I will be there!

tdub2112 01-28-2008 10:22 AM

I have a few problems.
1. CAN'T DRIVE(I'M 14)
2. DON'T HAVE A CHALLENGER.
WON'T HAVE A CHALLENGER.
DAD WON'T GET ONE FOR A FEW YEARS.
3.We could involve all mopar muscle for the dreamers and not dreamcatches.
4. I LIVE IN IDAHO.
WEDGEHEAD AND I WOULD HAVE A BIG DRIVE TO DETROIT OR WHATEVER.
5. MAYBE IN A FEW YEARS WHEN I HAVE MY LIECENSE, AND MY DADS CUDA, I CAN GO.

RoswellGrey 01-28-2008 10:46 AM

ORIGINAL: tdub2112

I have a few problems.
1. CAN'T DRIVE(I'M 14)

I assume you mean that LEGALLY you can't drive. My old man taught me to drive when I was 12.

BootCamp 01-28-2008 04:04 PM

ORIGINAL: tdub2112

I have a few problems.
1. CAN'T DRIVE(I'M 14)
2. DON'T HAVE A CHALLENGER.
WON'T HAVE A CHALLENGER.
DAD WON'T GET ONE FOR A FEW YEARS.
3.We could involve all mopar muscle for the dreamers and not dreamcatches.
4. I LIVE IN IDAHO.
WEDGEHEAD AND I WOULD HAVE A BIG DRIVE TO DETROIT OR WHATEVER.
5. MAYBE IN A FEW YEARS WHEN I HAVE MY LIECENSE, AND MY DADS CUDA, I CAN GO.
1. You'll be 15, close to or more than 16 when the summer of '09 is upon us.
2. Having a Challenger isn't required to go to the Rendezvous. You're a Forum member, right? :D Heh, you might even be able to "rent" a Challenger to ride to the Rendezvous by that time - another option.
3. We have lots of MOPAR Muscle rallys around here. This is the dodgechallenger.com forum. While we have the same passion and loyalty for our cars as our "brethren", this would be unique to Challengers. BUT - there's nothing to say we couldn't hook up with any existing rallys that may be occurring at the same time in the same area.
4 I live in Upstate NY. It's a long trip around the great lakes to Michigan for me too. I was trying to 'give us all a reason to physically get together in one (fairly) centralized location. Since Detroit/Auburn Hills IS the birthplace of the Challenger, and somewhat near the middle of the country, I thought everyone converging there would be like watching "all of the salmon swimming upstream to where they were born to spawn". And again, having it in Detroit would be a possible lure in getting the designers as well as the Dodge heirarchy to attend in whatever capacity they would be able/willing.
5. Maybe you could talk your Dad into taking you in his Cuda or Challenger (or rental car). ;)

Anything's possible if you THINK it is. If you don't, you've already beaten yourself.

kramtrah 01-28-2008 04:43 PM

and most especially, we can all pull together and do a combined burnout as in that shot.

DSkippy 01-28-2008 06:16 PM

I assume you mean that LEGALLY you can't drive. My old man taught me to drive when I was 12.
Yeah, mine too. I won't go into the reasoning behind it, but I actually got to drive on the streets around that age too! Only once, and my mother never heard about it to this day.

RoswellGrey 01-30-2008 08:09 AM

ORIGINAL: kramtrah

and most especially, we can all pull together and do a combined burnout as in that shot.
Unless you're going off the line for money, I can think of NOTHING stupider to do to a car -- particularly a Challenger.

tdub2112 01-30-2008 10:21 AM

Well i've steered a car, and drivin' an onld tractor.

MGDMike 01-30-2008 03:15 PM

I'm game.. my wife has relatives up in MI so we can make an excuse to make this a family trip as well. Wonder how the Chally will do coming up from GA though the east coast mountains?:D

kramtrah 01-31-2008 06:11 PM

Let's please not forget this entire thread over the next year. Summer of 2009 will be wonderful!

MGDMike 01-31-2008 07:05 PM

sticky?

deranged 02-01-2008 11:23 AM

I'm in! Just say when and where.

BootCamp 02-01-2008 01:13 PM

Seems like no one has expressed a negative thought about everyone getting together "in the flesh", so to speak. Would this be a resounding yes to holding a Challenger Rendezvous?
[sm=bounceybounce.gif]
With the utmost respect, I think I should turn this over to the Admins for consideration. This IS their forum, everything herein started with them, so I think we should have their blessing before actually doing anything to make this happen.

Waiting for LaSorda's words ("It's a Go!") to come from our Admins.
[sm=feedback.gif]