Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Side By Side (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/side-side-6677/)

66inxs 06-25-2009 12:18 PM

Side By Side

4 Attachment(s)
Here is my SRT-8 next to a SS Camero today. They are both good looking cars but I still like the Challenger better. Notice how the Chevy dealer put an advertisement on the back of the Camero and the Dodge Dealer didn't. If I was "forced" to buy a Camero this one would be the one I would buy. I really like the color. No Buyer's regrets for me, but I am glad the Camero is back.

tattooed_pariah 06-25-2009 01:53 PM

I bought my Challenger R/T to replace a '96 Camaro that the PO had VERY poorly cared for and after seeing one or two new Camaros in person, I'm glad they're back and it looks MUCH better than previous generations (excluding old school..) but I'm glad I went with the Challenger..

Also, anyone else notice how similiar the Camaro's wheels are to ours? well, to mine anyway, I have the optional 20 inch rims..

66inxs 06-25-2009 04:33 PM

The owner of the Camero has custom tint on his windows which I think I am going to get done on mine. I like the orange color on that car, but I like both the front ends and rear ends on the Challenger better. I would also like to get a shaker hood if I yhought they could match the paint. We are really lucky to have such great cars.

barry1309 06-25-2009 06:09 PM

The Shaker Hood system is for sale on LateModel Restoration.com. The cost is about $2,200.00 and the hood comes ready to paint. LOL.

RoswellGrey 06-26-2009 04:57 AM

I really don't like the front end of the Camaro. The sides and the back are OK, but that learing grille kills it, in my opinion.

tattooed_pariah 06-26-2009 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by RoswellGrey (Post 71674)
I really don't like the front end of the Camaro. The sides and the back are OK, but that learing grille kills it, in my opinion.

I actually don't mind the front much, but the back is a LOT pointier looking in person than in images, I didn't really care much for that..

JJMPB 06-26-2009 03:24 PM

in those pics the camaro looks just a bit wider than the challenger

kramtrah 06-26-2009 04:27 PM

I've seen a Camaro or two around town but seeing it here in these pics, the front end just looks very odd and bulky. Sure I may only have MOPAR's, but I have certainly liked GM's and Fords in the past and this one isn't working for me. I definitely don't like the stripe either.

RRUNNER 06-27-2009 05:36 AM

I'm not liking the front end at all, and the rear looks like every other chevy. It's not terrible, but I think you have to be a chevy guy to really like it. The Challenger, looks wise, is much better.

66inxs 06-27-2009 12:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Camero is smiling and the Challenger says see you later lol. Mopar was always more serious about its muscle cars while GM and fomoco built "corporate" stuff made to appeal to more people. Mopar built neat stuff like the attached picture. Notice the 68 or 69 camero next to it that is almost the same color as the 2009 one