Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   SNAPPY REPLYS THAT SILENCE CRITICS (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/snappy-replys-silence-critics-1946/)

Paladin06 10-31-2007 01:42 PM

SNAPPY REPLYS THAT SILENCE CRITICS

Back when Colin Powell was Sec of State, he was being interviewed in England by a group of international reporters when a French reporter asked him: "Does America expect to retain control of any of the territory you have conquered recently?" Powell slowly responded with: "Yes. We will surely retain control of some territory. It will be like the territory we retained in France after World War II. If you will check you will see that we retained an area of about six feet by three ft for each American lost in France who's buried there."
__________________________________ ___________________
Then there was a conference in France where a number of international engineers were taking part, including French and American. During a break one of the French engineers came back into the room saying, "Have you heard the latest dumb stunt Bush has done? He has sent an aircraft carrier to Indonesia to help the tsunami victims. What does he intend to do, bomb them?"
A Boeing engineer stood up and replied quietly: "Our carriers have three hospitals on board that can treat several hundred people; they are nuclear powered and can supply emergency electrical power to shore facilities; they have three cafeterias with the capacity to feed 3,000 people three meals a day, they can produce several thousand gallons of fresh water from sea water each day, and they carry half a dozen helicopters for use in transporting victims and injured to and from their flight deck ... We have eleven such ships; how many does France have?" Once again, dead silence.
__________________________________________________ ___
A U.S. Navy Admiral was attending a naval conference that included Admirals from the U.S., English, Canadian, Australian and French Navies. At a cocktail reception, he found himself standing with a large group of Officers that included personnel from most of those countries. Everyone was chatting away in English as they sipped their drinks but a French admiral suddenly complained that, 'whereas Europeans learn many languages, Americans learn only English.' He then asked, 'Why is it that we always have to speak English in these conferences rather than speaking French?' Without hesitating, the American Admiral replied 'Maybe it's because the Brits, Canadians, Aussies and Americans arranged it so you wouldn't have to speak German.' You could have heard a pin drop!

RLSH700 10-31-2007 03:15 PM

RE: SNAPPY REPLYS THAT SILENCE CRITICS

Very good response! Thanks for sharing them Paladin.

McDonald 10-31-2007 06:02 PM

Very nice... Dead silence.. :D

Jeremiah 29:11 10-31-2007 06:08 PM

Yes, American have alot to be proud of.

Thanks for sharing.

lear4406 11-01-2007 03:28 AM

I don't about you guys but that made me proud to be an American. I love a statement that gets right to the point and you can tell its understood by the silence that follows. Question answered!:D

DSkippy 11-01-2007 04:25 AM

Heard the Powell one before...the other too were equally excellent! Great articles.

joeyr 11-01-2007 02:17 PM

I would have loved to be there in person for those events, just to see the look on their face, good post