Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Song's name that I can't figure out (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/songs-name-i-cant-figure-out-1857/)

Nero 10-09-2007 09:54 PM

Song's name that I can't figure out

Ok, dig deep with in your minds and think what is the name and/or group that recorded the song that has this in it: "We've been together since way back when" at the beginning and the refrain goes "We're still having fun and your still the one." This has been bugging me for sometime. Thank you

Yankee 10-10-2007 03:22 AM

RE: Song's name that I can't figure out

Dude, I thought you had an actual challenge for me! ;)

That song is called "Still the One" by Orleans, came out around 1977.

DSkippy 10-10-2007 07:05 AM

Wow, I'm embarrassed. Always thought that was a Doobie Brothers song.....analogous to me thinking Tall Cool Women was a CCR song....

Nero 10-10-2007 09:18 AM

Thank you Yankee, I've been wanting to hear that song for so long.

Yankee 10-10-2007 06:44 PM

Tall Cool Woman... You mean Long Cool Woman (in a black dress)? If so, that was The Hollies, circa 1972.

Music has always been my second passion (behind cars), plus I was a part-time DJ at a rock station in the mid to late 90s.

Anyone got another music trivia question? [8D]

DSkippy 10-11-2007 05:01 AM

Yeah...knew it was the Hollies, but oh for about 15 years never questioned what I "knew" to be a ccr song....I think I even argued with someone about it once...

OK, here's one for you, only group to have a top 10 song on us Billboards in 3 decades? (for the record I had to refresh my memory, wasn't sure if it was #1 or top 10...so I had to cheat....just a little! ;))

awsure 10-11-2007 05:50 AM

Yeah...Is Fat Bottom Girls the single greatest tribute to beer goggles or what? I know Y&T's Barroom Boogie has its hairband charm but c'mon...FBG is the classic. [8D]

Yankee 10-11-2007 06:42 PM

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

Yeah...knew it was the Hollies, but oh for about 15 years never questioned what I "knew" to be a ccr song....I think I even argued with someone about it once...

OK, here's one for you, only group to have a top 10 song on us Billboards in 3 decades? (for the record I had to refresh my memory, wasn't sure if it was #1 or top 10...so I had to cheat....just a little! ;))

Well that song is a bit CCR-ish, I could see why one might think they did it. As far as your other question... you might have me on that one, I've never paid much attention to the Billboard charts.

BUT... speaking of Billboard charts, here's an interesting fact: What do the Grateful Dead and Jimi Hendrix have in common?

Each one only had one song enter the Billboard Charts (Grateful Dead with Touch of Grey and Hendrix with All Along the Watchtower). That makes them... technically speaking... one hit wonders. ;)

DSkippy 10-11-2007 07:41 PM

Not a Moody Blues fan, but that's the answer....who'd a thunk it....everyone instinctively goes for the Stones....(of course this stat may been before Steel Wheels, not sure if any off that album made it to top 10).

And funny that the one Hendrix song to hit the charts was cover.....go figure....

Yankee 10-12-2007 03:24 AM

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy
And funny that the one Hendrix song to hit the charts was cover.....go figure....
Yes it was, any idea who the original artist was?