Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Ten hottest cars for 2008 (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/ten-hottest-cars-2008-a-2239/)

Jeremiah 29:11 01-02-2008 06:59 AM

Ten hottest cars for 2008

This guys opinion:

January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!
By Rob

Editor-in-Chief/Car Domain

I'm predicting 2008 is gonna be a great year for gearheads. Why? Cause a ton of cool cars will be hitting dealer lots. Here's my list of the ten hottest cars for 2008 (and this is our last year-end top ten list, I promise).

1. Nissan GT-R. 'Nuff said.

2. Dodge Challenger. Though I still have to see it in person.

3. Tesla Roadster. Ignore the doubters and the haters.

4. Mustang Bullitt. Worth it just for the Dark Highland Green.

5. Corvette ZR1. The Veyron is silly--this is a real supercar.

6. Impreza WRX STI. Sure, it won't win any beauty contests, but it's better than ever.

7. Mitsubishi EVO. Might not please the purists, but this is a much improved car.

8. BMW 1-Series. Long live the 2002.

9. Chevy Malibu. Does Detroit finally have a Camry beater?

10. Pontiac G8. V8, RWD, good looks and under $30k--what else do you want?

DSkippy 01-03-2008 05:24 AM

RE: Ten hottest cars for 2008

Good list! Again, I'm more partial to the Zap X over the Tesla. Slightly more affordable for similar specs.

MGDMike 01-04-2008 12:42 AM

Good list!

1 Bad Mirada 01-04-2008 09:02 AM

i dont agree with several of the listed vehicles.

the bullitt is nothing but an appearance package...yet another appearance package.

and for the top pick, i would have to say that the challenger has received more interest than the gtr. the import world has paid attention to the GTR, but every other segment has focused on the challenger and camaro...

the tesla is cool, dont get me wrong...but ill say that its a great car when i see one on the road.

TechmanBD 01-04-2008 09:15 AM

Actually the Bullitt is not just and appearance package. It also comes with the FRPP CAI and tune and the FRPP suspension package. And the 3.73:1 gears instead of the 3.55:1 for the GT's. And I think the newer GT's have the 3.31:1 gears.

So for the price it isn't bad at all at $31k.

But that isn't saying it should be on the list. There is no word on what the guys criteria. Best buy? best performance? etc?

1 Bad Mirada 01-04-2008 09:29 AM

Sorry, I did know about those items, but it slipped my mind...i wrote a review of the car...thanks for setting me straight.

however, arent those all items that you can get on a GT? the GT500 is noteworthy, i dont think that the Bullitt is...

im working on a piece about the twister mustang right now...i think that is pretty cool.

TechmanBD 01-04-2008 11:12 AM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

however, arent those all items that you can get on a GT? the GT500 is noteworthy, i dont think that the Bullitt is...

For an added price. The FRPP suspension is around $1300, FRPP tuner and CAI kit is around $700, the FRPP gears are around $400. Plus of course the install charge if you have your dealer put it in. Also don't forget the Bullit axle back for better sound and a better performance H pipe. Price unknown on those items, but just the FRPP Axel back GTA(50 state legal) $300 or the GT(Borla stingers) are $600.

1 Bad Mirada 01-04-2008 01:27 PM

if i may ask...i believe that you got a good deal on your car, but if you had added those items, either from the dealership or aftermarket, how would that compare to the 31k price tag? also, the bullitt is getting a ton of press (i really dont see why), it could be another markup car...just to have yet another "limited edition" trimline...

TechmanBD 01-04-2008 02:22 PM

Yes, I got the xplan price. I got the basic GT(not premium package) with the only upgrade was the UIP(upgraded interior package). The sticker was just above $28000. I got it just below $24000. That is the price of the car, not OTD, which with taxes and all would be different state to state.

So with the aftermarket stuff added, that would have put me about the bullit price.

RLSH700 01-16-2008 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

i dont agree with several of the listed vehicles.

the bullitt is nothing but an appearance package...yet another appearance package.

and for the top pick, i would have to say that the challenger has received more interest than the gtr. the import world has paid attention to the GTR, but every other segment has focused on the challenger and camaro...

the tesla is cool, dont get me wrong...but ill say that its a great car when i see one on the road.
I agree. If you name the Challenger to just about any car enthusiast, their eyes light up and know what you are talking about. If you name the GTR, you will get blank stairs. Even I sometimes have to think about it for a minuet.

I agree also about the bullitt. As far as I'm concerned, it should be pretty much a ground breaking new model, not just an SXT version of the Shelby GT.

The Viper should be on that list. It has come a long way. Many of the things that the magazines have been complaining about for years has apparently been resolved.