Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   For those of you who arent DF members.. (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/those-you-who-arent-df-members-498/)

1 Bad Mirada 08-07-2006 09:37 AM

For those of you who arent DF members..

I thought that I would also proudly announce here that this past friday around 6:30pm, I asked my lovely girlfriend Amanda to marry me, and she said yes...:)

A picture of the ring..
http://www.dodgeforum.com/upfiles/27...A7BA2DE8B7.jpg

TechmanBD 08-07-2006 09:50 AM

RE: For those of you who arent DF members..

Sweet, Congrats on the engagement. Does that have diamonds all the way around?

I have been married now for almost 3 months. SInce, like you, I lived with her before we got married. People always ask, and they will probably ask you two as well, "SO how's the married life?". Our reply is it is the same as before. No changes. And this is a good thing.

1 Bad Mirada 08-07-2006 10:06 AM

no diamonds all the way around...they stop at about "9 and 3", with the center setting being 12...

and i know what you mean. people are already asking how does it feel...it feels like the way it was before, except the wallet is a bit lighter...:D

TechmanBD 08-07-2006 10:12 AM

HAHA. yep. Also you will get, "So when's the wedding?". People were asking that a week within engagement. It's like WTF? we just got engaged.

1 Bad Mirada 08-07-2006 10:25 AM

we have a rough date in mind, but its not until next may...

TechmanBD 08-07-2006 11:07 AM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

we have a rough date in mind, but its not until next may...
Good month:D. The timing is close to ours. Proposed in July, married the next May. It was the only month with the Saturday of the year that had the 20th. Now that it is done, It seemed like forever to plan and the day to get there, but on that day, it went by so fast. Luckily for pictures to record the day. [sm=Flahssssss.gif]

The only problem we had was with her f'n sister. They wanted us to change it because they couldn't make it because her nephew had a band thing that weekend, and her mom convinced her to change the date, even though they knew the 20th had meaning. Then they came back and said to change again because it got moved to teh weekend we ended up with, SOOOO we went back to the 20th. Then they had the gull to ask to change it again. I said F%$# NO, we wanted the 20th in teh first place and that is that. If they don't liek it, then they don't come. She was in the wedding, so I guess that is why we obliged the first time. But we told them this was OUR F'N day, and this is what we should have said in the beginning. Her sister showed up, but not her Bro in law and nephew just because of a band performance? It is a long story about her sister, but I will just say one word, SELFISH. ok 2 words, and ENVIOUS about her success(you know what my wife does).

So let that be a lesson to you, don't let anyone, family or what not try and change anything. Do it the way you want. It is Amanda's and your day. F%$# all the rest. :D

Jeremiah 29:11 08-07-2006 01:14 PM

Awesome! I am so glad to hear of your news. May your marriage be blessed always.

Genesis 2:24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Marriage is a God ordained institution.

BootCamp 08-07-2006 04:10 PM

Congrats to the both of you!
I'm on my second (and last) marriage. The first was two years of wedded bliss......surrounded by fifteen years of absolute hell.
Two good things came out of the first marriage......he's now 20, and she's 15.
My current wife had four from her previous marriage. Yeah, SIX KIDS! I feel like "Mike Brady", except we have four sons and two daughters between us (not three of each). Does that make it easier/better?
In all, three are out of the house, three still live with us, and it couldn't be more different from the first marriage (for BOTH of us).

Best wishes to you both on your marriage!
Live like every day is your last, love each other like no one else exists, and (at the wedding), dance like no one is watching. :D

TeeWJay426 08-08-2006 10:05 AM

Congrats, Patrick.... not a big surprise; figured you'd be making this announcement at some point. Give Amanda my regards as well.

1 Bad Mirada 08-08-2006 12:51 PM

thanks for the kind words, everyone!

we were hoping to have the wedding in the walter p chrysler museum, but they told us no...even though I have a membership...[:@]

and they wonder why the ford museum can charge 25 bucks to get in and its booming, meanwhile, they only charge like 5 bucks, and theyre struggling.