Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Ties to Chrysler drag down Daimler (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/ties-chrysler-drag-down-daimler-2550/)

DSkippy 02-10-2008 06:03 PM

Ties to Chrysler drag down Daimler

Dargh! The stench of hypocrisy is nauseating. A bunch of fat cats decide to cash in on the slaughtering of a cash cow in the name of selling Chrysler in the late 90's to Daimler (shame on these owners who sold what the American tax payers saved in the 80's). And then these DULLARDS, mis-manage a once profitable and vibrant company into big losses and infuse its corporate culture with an anemia and energy draining anti-synergy 'til it was no longer attractive or profitable, THEN, THEN some braintrust at

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...802100568/1014

come up with the brilliant claptrap and mindless boondogling tripe headline "Ties to Chrysler drag down Daimler"

OH, here's a thought (and hears a thought, quite a clever one to boot)....so management sux SO MUCH at DAIMLER that they make Chrysler out to be the Pariah of their existence and the selling off to be the Panacea, and after they do this, for a short term, they get a little bubble in the market on their symbol, then when their genius precipitates more problems, soime visionary blames Chrysler? Blames Chrysler? That's RICH! Give me another 1 liter 425 hp engine that does 0-60 in 3.9. Low expectation of the press, low disappointment.

Ties to Chrysler drag down Daimler

February 10, 2008

When the automaker now known as Daimler AG gave the boot to its majority ownership in Chrysler in August, it gave a boost to shares of the German company. The shares actually started climbing six months earlier after DaimlerChrysler Chairman Dieter Zetsche surprised the auto world by saying he would not rule out the sale of Chrysler.

But that was then. Since Oct. 25, a few weeks after changing the name from DaimlerChrysler, Daimler shares have declined. Shares in Daimler, hurt by an unfavorable dollar exchange, sluggish luxury sales and, yes, its remaining 20% portion of Chrysler, are now only marginally ahead of where they were before Zetsche made his comments.

Ad revs up Audi

Advertisement
Audi's Super Bowl ad based on the famous horse-head-in-the-bed scene in "The Godfather" got drivers thinking about the German brand's new luxury sports car.

Kelley Blue Book says traffic to the R8 page on www.kbb.com jumped within an hour of Audi's spot during the first quarter.

The 60-second spot features actor Alex Rocco -- who was in the original "Godfather," but not the actor in the original horse-head scene -- waking up to find grease on his hands and the grille to an old-time luxury car in his oil-soaked bed. Then a silver Audi R8, sitting outside a sprawling estate, races away.

First Tesla delivered

Tesla Motors Inc. finally has its first car.

After many delays, the $98,000 electric sports car was delivered Feb. 1 to Elon Musk, Tesla chairman and a former executive with PayPal, from its factory in Britain to Tesla headquarters in San Carlos, Calif.

Tesla, which has an engineering office in Rochester Hills, said Friday it raised an additional $40 million from Silicon Valley investors to ensure production can begin next month.

"We're definitely going to make a lot of cars; otherwise this would be a very expensive car," said Musk, who has sunk millions of his own into the fledging carmaker.

2009 auto show dates set

Mark your calendars for next year's North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The automotive extravaganza will be open to the public for nine days next year beginning Jan. 17. Three days of media previews will begin Jan. 11. The industry preview days are Jan. 14 and 15, and the annual black-tie charity preview gala will be Jan. 16.

He said

"You have to make some sacrifices. When I left Toyota I had to leave my Prius and this is what I'm driving now," said Jim Press, former Toyota executive and now Chrysler president, in front of a Dodge Challenger at the Chicago Auto Show.

tupperware 02-12-2008 01:55 PM

RE: Ties to Chrysler drag down Daimler

too bad they seem to have forgotten the several BILLION dollars in cash that Chrysler had in the bank before Daimler came to town...

RLSH700 02-18-2008 02:32 PM

RE: Ties to Chrysler drag down Daimler

The sooner these arrogant Germans learn that they are running their company about as good as the German economy was before Satan got into power during the 30s, the sooner they will stop blaming Chrysler for their problems. I get very sick of the press bashing Chrysler for what is essentially MB's fault. When the divorce "made-in-heaven", took place last year I just about thrown my Gateway out of the window when they said that Chrysler's interior quality was making MB look bad. Most of Chrysler's interior was good when they had Lutz in charge, it wasn't until they gained access to MB's parts bins that the quality started going down to its current level. Dieter is an overrated fool. Any half brained, moron could run their company better than they can. The Europeans as a whole are not doing well in the car market anyways.