Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   UPDATED: So I decided what to do to my car. (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/updated-so-i-decided-what-do-my-car-686/)

TechmanBD 09-28-2006 02:25 PM

UPDATED: So I decided what to do to my car.

SO after months of research and trying to figure out what to do with my 06 Mustang GT, I have made a list of the mods I want and how I want the car to look. I was thinking of waiting for the challenger to come out and maybe trade in the Stang, but I need to look at reality as in finances.With the estimated prices of the Challenger and the wife wanting to get a new house in the next year or so, and everyone knows how us CA residents are get analized in house prices, and I need to get my finances in order, The best thing to do is keep the mustang and do some mods, and I will have to live through you all on the challengers. Don't get me wrong, I love my car. But definately think the Challenger is going to be a great car. Also with the people here, seems we all respect other vehicles. ANd if I were to put this list on the MF site, I would just get bashed. ANd they even own mustangs. If it has a "installed"That means I already got it, and I did the work myself. My plan is to go make it a "Ford Racing" theme. If it says Ford Racing on it, I want it. I have been to a few Mustang sites and noone is doing this. Everyone is piecing here and there. It may be a little more expensive, But my mind is set. Trust me on this, if I got the Challenger, I would do the same, and have a "Mopar" Theme so to speak. I needed to write this to share to someone:D. Anyways, enough babbling on. The List.

Green = Recently Added
Blue(Installed) = Installed

[ul][*]FFRP GTA Axlebacks[*]Prothane Buiilt Motor Mounts[*]FFRP Floor Mats[*]Granatelli CAI w/ MAF Calibration.(Installed)[*]Hurst Short Throw SHifter (installed) [*]Infinity Speakers.(Installed) [*]InfinitySubwolfer (installed)[*]Infinity 4 channel module (installed) [*]Kenwood Head Unit Excelon (installed) [*]Kenwood Ipod Connection (installed)[*]Kenwood HD Tuner[*]Kenwood Bluetooth[*]Wheels FR500(18x9) Anthracite[*]FFRP suspension kit[*]Ford Racing Stripes [*]Ford Racing Oil Cap[*]FORD GT Coolant Cap[*]BMR Adjustable LCA's [*]BMR LCA Relocation Brackets[*]BMR Panhard and panhard brace[*]BMR Upper Control Arm[*]BMR A Arm Bracket[*]Gentex Rear Mirror Homelink w/Compass and Temp[*]GT500 Pedals[*]Lizardskin gun & 2 gal Insulation

[/ul]

The biggest cost will be the Supercharger. But that cost $6100 is for the Intercooled and comes with EVRYTHING. new fuel pump, injectors, a programmer and many other things.

And I will add, I can only get something on the list, if I have the cash to do it. No credit cards.

Thanks for listening[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif]

1 Bad Mirada 09-28-2006 02:37 PM

RE: So I decided what to do to my car.

We gave away a set of anthracite wheels at MF a few weeks back...

is it bad that i dont know what alot of that stuff is? :D

TechmanBD 09-28-2006 02:43 PM

Not really, but just ask and I can give a description or better yet, throw up a pick to show.

RLSH700 09-28-2006 03:14 PM

Hmmm...Are you sure that you couldn't just save this money and use it later on the Challenger?

Anyways, I must admit I also don't have a clue about many of these things are. The supercharger sounds like a nice addition. The Ford Racing Stripes sounds cool. The sound system stuff isn't my area of expertise, but I'll assume that it would be nice. I know Infinity speakers and equipment is some of the best in the market.

1 Bad Mirada 09-28-2006 03:24 PM

Hurst Short Throw SHifter (installed)
Infinity Speakers (installed)
InfinitySubwolfer (installed)
Infinity 4 channel module (installed)
Kenwood Head Unit Excelon
Kenwood Ipod Connection
Kenwood HD Tuner
Kenwood Bluetooth
Wheels FR500(18x9) Anthracite
Suspension Kit Ford Racing
Ford Racing Stripes
Ford Racing Mats
Ford Racing Oil Cap
FORD GT Coolant Cap
BMR LCA's
BMR LCA Relocation Brackets
Ford Racing Whipple Charger
Gentex Rear Mirror Homelink w/Compass and Temp it this the thing that opens your garage door?
GT500 Pedals
Lizardskin gun & 2 gal Insulation no idea...maybe sound mat for the trunk?
Ford Racing Exhaust

TechmanBD 09-28-2006 03:25 PM

Yep Infinity is good stuff, plus I get it for a great price:D. Kenwood is a very good company for car stereos. I put one in my Silverado, but it got stolen.[:@]. So the place where I had teh truck fixed(during the theft, they tried to steel the whole truck and did some major damage), they put in an Alpine. It was ok, but I prefer Kenwood.

Well I could save the money, but if I were to walk in and trade the mustang in and put more cash down, and drove home in it. I would have to say that I would be a dead man and sleeping in the car.

TechmanBD 09-28-2006 03:32 PM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

Hurst Short Throw SHifter (installed)
Infinity Speakers (installed)
InfinitySubwolfer (installed)
Infinity 4 channel module (installed)
Kenwood Head Unit Excelon
Kenwood Ipod Connection
Kenwood HD Tuner
Kenwood Bluetooth
Wheels FR500(18x9) Anthracite
Suspension Kit Ford Racing
Ford Racing Stripes
Ford Racing Mats
Ford Racing Oil Cap
FORD GT Coolant Cap
BMR LCA's
BMR LCA Relocation Brackets
Ford Racing Whipple Charger
Gentex Rear Mirror Homelink w/Compass and Temp it this the thing that opens your garage door?
GT500 Pedals
Lizardskin gun & 2 gal Insulation no idea...maybe sound mat for the trunk?
Ford Racing Exhaust

Yes, the mirrir has the buttons that can open the car garage, also if you have an automated system in your house, it can turn lights on.

Lizardskin is "spray on" stuff that is a sound deadoner. for $20 they also have a ceramic spray on that also deadens the sound, but also absorbs heat. I will spray in the trunk, inside the doors, and will remove the interior and spray inside as well.

1 Bad Mirada 09-28-2006 03:33 PM

ok..so i did kind of know what they are..

the stratus has homelink, but ive never used it..

TechmanBD 09-28-2006 03:34 PM

Here is the mirror
http://www.autodimmingmirrors.com/ne...nk45/p_12.html

Here is the lizard skin
http://www.lizardskin.com/lizard_ski...nd_control.php

Patrick, I would look into this when rebuilding your Demon. It may be good to keep road noise out.

RLSH700 09-28-2006 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

Yep Infinity is good stuff, plus I get it for a great price:D. Kenwood is a very good company for car stereos. I put one in my Silverado, but it got stolen.[:@]. So the place where I had teh truck fixed(during the theft, they tried to steel the whole truck and did some major damage), they put in an Alpine. It was ok, but I prefer Kenwood.

Well I could save the money, but if I were to walk in and trade the mustang in and put more cash down, and drove home in it. I would have to say that I would be a dead man and sleeping in the car.
Yeah I haven't heard very many flattering things about Alpine. A friend of mine had an aftermarket Alpine CD player in his 1994 Intrepid ES and it keep braking over and over again. How is Pioneer in car stereos?

Oh so the problem isn't that you couldn't afford it, it's that the wife wouldn't be pleased about it. Well, there is nothing like the fury and the rage of an angry wife. Maybe right before they redesign the Challenger, you could talk the wife into allowing you to get the Challenger by then.