Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   UPDATED: So I decided what to do to my car. (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/updated-so-i-decided-what-do-my-car-686/)

TechmanBD 09-28-2006 02:25 PM

UPDATED: So I decided what to do to my car.

SO after months of research and trying to figure out what to do with my 06 Mustang GT, I have made a list of the mods I want and how I want the car to look. I was thinking of waiting for the challenger to come out and maybe trade in the Stang, but I need to look at reality as in finances.With the estimated prices of the Challenger and the wife wanting to get a new house in the next year or so, and everyone knows how us CA residents are get analized in house prices, and I need to get my finances in order, The best thing to do is keep the mustang and do some mods, and I will have to live through you all on the challengers. Don't get me wrong, I love my car. But definately think the Challenger is going to be a great car. Also with the people here, seems we all respect other vehicles. ANd if I were to put this list on the MF site, I would just get bashed. ANd they even own mustangs. If it has a "installed"That means I already got it, and I did the work myself. My plan is to go make it a "Ford Racing" theme. If it says Ford Racing on it, I want it. I have been to a few Mustang sites and noone is doing this. Everyone is piecing here and there. It may be a little more expensive, But my mind is set. Trust me on this, if I got the Challenger, I would do the same, and have a "Mopar" Theme so to speak. I needed to write this to share to someone:D. Anyways, enough babbling on. The List.

Green = Recently Added
Blue(Installed) = Installed

[ul][*]FFRP GTA Axlebacks[*]Prothane Buiilt Motor Mounts[*]FFRP Floor Mats[*]Granatelli CAI w/ MAF Calibration.(Installed)[*]Hurst Short Throw SHifter (installed) [*]Infinity Speakers.(Installed) [*]InfinitySubwolfer (installed)[*]Infinity 4 channel module (installed) [*]Kenwood Head Unit Excelon (installed) [*]Kenwood Ipod Connection (installed)[*]Kenwood HD Tuner[*]Kenwood Bluetooth[*]Wheels FR500(18x9) Anthracite[*]FFRP suspension kit[*]Ford Racing Stripes [*]Ford Racing Oil Cap[*]FORD GT Coolant Cap[*]BMR Adjustable LCA's [*]BMR LCA Relocation Brackets[*]BMR Panhard and panhard brace[*]BMR Upper Control Arm[*]BMR A Arm Bracket[*]Gentex Rear Mirror Homelink w/Compass and Temp[*]GT500 Pedals[*]Lizardskin gun & 2 gal Insulation

[/ul]

The biggest cost will be the Supercharger. But that cost $6100 is for the Intercooled and comes with EVRYTHING. new fuel pump, injectors, a programmer and many other things.

And I will add, I can only get something on the list, if I have the cash to do it. No credit cards.

Thanks for listening[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif]

1 Bad Mirada 09-28-2006 02:37 PM

RE: So I decided what to do to my car.

We gave away a set of anthracite wheels at MF a few weeks back...

is it bad that i dont know what alot of that stuff is? :D

TechmanBD 09-28-2006 02:43 PM

Not really, but just ask and I can give a description or better yet, throw up a pick to show.

RLSH700 09-28-2006 03:14 PM

Hmmm...Are you sure that you couldn't just save this money and use it later on the Challenger?

Anyways, I must admit I also don't have a clue about many of these things are. The supercharger sounds like a nice addition. The Ford Racing Stripes sounds cool. The sound system stuff isn't my area of expertise, but I'll assume that it would be nice. I know Infinity speakers and equipment is some of the best in the market.

1 Bad Mirada 09-28-2006 03:24 PM

Hurst Short Throw SHifter (installed)
Infinity Speakers (installed)
InfinitySubwolfer (installed)
Infinity 4 channel module (installed)
Kenwood Head Unit Excelon
Kenwood Ipod Connection
Kenwood HD Tuner
Kenwood Bluetooth
Wheels FR500(18x9) Anthracite
Suspension Kit Ford Racing
Ford Racing Stripes
Ford Racing Mats
Ford Racing Oil Cap
FORD GT Coolant Cap
BMR LCA's
BMR LCA Relocation Brackets
Ford Racing Whipple Charger
Gentex Rear Mirror Homelink w/Compass and Temp it this the thing that opens your garage door?
GT500 Pedals
Lizardskin gun & 2 gal Insulation no idea...maybe sound mat for the trunk?
Ford Racing Exhaust

TechmanBD 09-28-2006 03:25 PM

Yep Infinity is good stuff, plus I get it for a great price:D. Kenwood is a very good company for car stereos. I put one in my Silverado, but it got stolen.[:@]. So the place where I had teh truck fixed(during the theft, they tried to steel the whole truck and did some major damage), they put in an Alpine. It was ok, but I prefer Kenwood.

Well I could save the money, but if I were to walk in and trade the mustang in and put more cash down, and drove home in it. I would have to say that I would be a dead man and sleeping in the car.

TechmanBD 09-28-2006 03:32 PM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

Hurst Short Throw SHifter (installed)
Infinity Speakers (installed)
InfinitySubwolfer (installed)
Infinity 4 channel module (installed)
Kenwood Head Unit Excelon
Kenwood Ipod Connection
Kenwood HD Tuner
Kenwood Bluetooth
Wheels FR500(18x9) Anthracite
Suspension Kit Ford Racing
Ford Racing Stripes
Ford Racing Mats
Ford Racing Oil Cap
FORD GT Coolant Cap
BMR LCA's
BMR LCA Relocation Brackets
Ford Racing Whipple Charger
Gentex Rear Mirror Homelink w/Compass and Temp it this the thing that opens your garage door?
GT500 Pedals
Lizardskin gun & 2 gal Insulation no idea...maybe sound mat for the trunk?
Ford Racing Exhaust

Yes, the mirrir has the buttons that can open the car garage, also if you have an automated system in your house, it can turn lights on.

Lizardskin is "spray on" stuff that is a sound deadoner. for $20 they also have a ceramic spray on that also deadens the sound, but also absorbs heat. I will spray in the trunk, inside the doors, and will remove the interior and spray inside as well.

1 Bad Mirada 09-28-2006 03:33 PM

ok..so i did kind of know what they are..

the stratus has homelink, but ive never used it..

TechmanBD 09-28-2006 03:34 PM

Here is the mirror
http://www.autodimmingmirrors.com/ne...nk45/p_12.html

Here is the lizard skin
http://www.lizardskin.com/lizard_ski...nd_control.php

Patrick, I would look into this when rebuilding your Demon. It may be good to keep road noise out.

RLSH700 09-28-2006 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

Yep Infinity is good stuff, plus I get it for a great price:D. Kenwood is a very good company for car stereos. I put one in my Silverado, but it got stolen.[:@]. So the place where I had teh truck fixed(during the theft, they tried to steel the whole truck and did some major damage), they put in an Alpine. It was ok, but I prefer Kenwood.

Well I could save the money, but if I were to walk in and trade the mustang in and put more cash down, and drove home in it. I would have to say that I would be a dead man and sleeping in the car.
Yeah I haven't heard very many flattering things about Alpine. A friend of mine had an aftermarket Alpine CD player in his 1994 Intrepid ES and it keep braking over and over again. How is Pioneer in car stereos?

Oh so the problem isn't that you couldn't afford it, it's that the wife wouldn't be pleased about it. Well, there is nothing like the fury and the rage of an angry wife. Maybe right before they redesign the Challenger, you could talk the wife into allowing you to get the Challenger by then.

RLSH700 09-28-2006 03:43 PM

Thanks TechmanBD and Patrick for explaining that to me. That mirror looks nice. If I had a garage, I'd get one. The lizard skin sounds like it would be nice in getting rid of the noise if it really bothers you. Maybe since my engine isn't that loud, it doesn't bother me very much. In fact, I like hearing the engine.

TechmanBD 09-28-2006 03:48 PM

Pioneers Are good units. That would be my second choice. The Alpine I have in the Ranger, which I took out of the Silverado, put into the Neon, then into the ranger I have now, I haven't had problems as far as breaking. I just think the way they have their controls is a pain compared to the other 2.

I like the sound of my engine as well. But this stuff also helps with keeping the music to sound better as well I believe Keeps it in the car, Plus I will get the ceramic for heat as well. You can feel the heat in my car coming from the engine bay. And protects the floor from getting corroded.

1 Bad Mirada 09-28-2006 03:51 PM

I thought that the lizard skin was meant to keep stereo sound in? I really dont know..stereo stuff is not my thing...although Ive fixed the systems in both of our vehicles...

TechmanBD 09-28-2006 03:55 PM

This is a quote from their site about the ceramic insulation stuff

Proven aerospace technology enables LizardSkin® Ceramic Insulation to:

Reduce engine and solar heat transfer by 25-30 degrees or more

Reduce noise by 10-12 decibels or more

Protect surfaces from moisture and corrosion

Withstand temperatures to 500° F. (260° C.)

Jeremiah 29:11 09-28-2006 04:33 PM

The Lizardskin product has been used on Horsepower TV many times and they seem to like it both for heat, vibration, and noise. I have also seen them spray it
underneath the carpet on the floor board and the car.

I have had the autodimming mirrors on my Ford Taurus and now Dodge Caravan and I like it. At night it also help to keep from getting blinded at night
from cars that are behind you. The lights in the mirror look a little blue and it helps from getting blinded. In the day, you will not notice a difference.
I think they call it them Electrochromatic mirrors.

TechmanBD 09-28-2006 04:38 PM

That is probably where I saw Lizardskin the first time, watching that show, then going online and finding it.

That sounds about right Jeremiah, about the ELectrochromatic. This big reason I want this mirro as well, is the homelink system. It would be nice to have instead of the controller sitting in the center consol. I feel it will clean up the car so to speak, by being part of the car and not something hanging around. And with the compass and Temp gauge. I am a tech geek. [X(]. I like cool stuff like that:D

Jeremiah 29:11 09-28-2006 05:05 PM

Great! Besides cars we are both tech geeks.

TechmanBD 11-03-2006 09:36 PM

UPDATE RE: So I decided what to do to my car.

I have updated my list. I just installed a CAI from Granatelli. It was a pain but like the results. here are a couple pics of the CAI, also some pics of my Ipod Drive and play and Basslink sub.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...dFaceClose.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...podControl.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ustCAISide.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...AIFrontFar.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...stBassLink.jpg

I also decided not to lower the car so I took the ford racing suspension kit off, and put on more BMR suspension components and Tokico shocks. And removed the whipple charger. I don't think I will ever get one.

RLSH700 11-03-2006 11:34 PM

RE: UPDATE RE: So I decided what to do to my car.

Looks good TechmanBD. BTW, you mentioned that if you talked about that over at MF, you would be bashed. Why? Do you get bashed for saying hi or something? Some people are just odd for some unknown reason.

jdb840 11-08-2006 05:25 PM

I like the looks of the CAI. I have a similar set up on my Grand prix GTP, but it kind of a mix between a CAI and a FWI fenderwell intake. On mine in draws the air through the headlight giving it fresh cool air. Is it pulling in air the same way or from under the hood. I don't know very much about mustangs, so it might be a stupid question.

Did it give a sound difference on your car? It made a huge difference on mine, the supercharger just whines so loud now:)

Anyways nice looking car and good luck on the rest of your wish list.

1 Bad Mirada 11-08-2006 06:13 PM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Looks good TechmanBD. BTW, you mentioned that if you talked about that over at MF, you would be bashed. Why? Do you get bashed for saying hi or something? Some people are just odd for some unknown reason.

its an odd crowd there, and depending on what day of the week it is, youll get flamed for asking what is the best plug to run with a wet zex kit, and some days youll get made fun of for asking what exhaust sounds the best...there is alot of good information there, but you have to dig through crap to find it...but we are working very hard to cut back on that.

RLSH700 11-13-2006 05:47 PM

Sounds deranged (no pun intended)! Good luck trying to fix that. My experience with those type is they will bash a car that anybody who has half a brain knows is faster than their 3.8L powered mid-90s 'Stang, such as a Spirit R/T, and say that it is slower because it has four-doors.:eek: Fools!

Paladin06 11-26-2006 08:44 AM

No harm intended but as I told a guy I met at the AZ show yesterday, "I'm so damn tired of Mustang this and Mustang that". [:@]

Everything from toys to towels. I can not wait to get my Hemi Challenger on the road. I'm going to do with my Hemi just what my old man did to his brothers 428 Corba Jet, run off from one, then wait for it and run off again.

No harm meant!;)

TechmanBD 02-06-2007 03:11 PM

UPDATED the list on the first page.

Recently added:
FRPP GTA axlebacks. They have a nice rumble sound, but are not LOUD.
FRPP floor mats - Wife bought them for a xmas gift

Prothane Bullit Motor Mounts - This helps when shifting by keeping the motor from twisting to much
Actually I only have 1 in. I wen to take the second out, and from what I can tell, the assembler cross threaded the bolt to the nut on the Kmember and now the weld on the nut broke and the bolt just spins. I have tried several things. Putting a screw driver in between, hoping it would add pressure on the nut so not to move. Tried my air hammer drill. Didn't work. Next, something I didn't want to do is drill a hole in the Kmember below the nut and grab hold from that way. [:@]. I may have to cut the bolt and go to the hardware store and get a new one. But will still need to drill the hole to hold the nut in place. But with just one in, you can feel the difference.

And Paladin, that is fine. I can understand that.