Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Well, Ive gone and done it again..this time, unthinkable? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/well-ive-gone-done-again-time-unthinkable-2106/)

1 Bad Mirada 12-07-2007 07:39 AM

Well, Ive gone and done it again..this time, unthinkable?

Well, as many of you know, I run many forums, and I am a performance enthusiast with an appreciation for all fast cars, although my roots are planted deeply in the Chrysler brand.

Well, as many of you likely also know, I run MustangForums, which is among the largest mustang sites online, and while I get along with pretty much everyone, my years of running it have often gotten the complaint of "why doesnt the admin own a mustang".

Also, earlier this year I ran into some problems with the mirada engine, and its not run since then, as we havent had time to spend on it with the demon and the laser coming along...and considering how much ive learned about mustangs over the past four years, we decided that it might not be a bad idea to go ahead and get myself a mustang.

We looked at newer ones, but went ahead with a 2001 model. Ive not had her around the dyno yet (but im not a huge fan of the dyno as a performance measurement), but shes quick. Weve not had her down the quarter mile, but the previous owners may have, although were not sure yet.

We are waiting for the paperwork, but we believe that the previous owner may have named it "Positively Prime"...perhaps a take on the leader of the Autobots from transformers, optimus prime?

Here is a picture of the new ride.

http://www.dodgeforum.com/upfiles/27...1E9E5331D1.jpg

I bet that you all thought that I bought a Ford Mustang...:D

Actually, we bought an appendix quarter horse. Amanda has been leasing her, and recently the riding stable took a bid on her, and unless we bought her outright, Amanda was going to lose her. It has long been a dream of hers to own a horse, and to find a horse as well trained and as young as she is (her nickname is Emily), is unusual. It is a big expense, but this was very important to amanda, so we took a shot.

The halter that she wears in her stall says "Positively Prime" on one side, and "Emily" on the other side, but no one is sure if that is her name. We were told that she is registered, and she has a number tattoo'd on the inside of her mouth, as well as a shoulder brand, common on race horses, but the paperwork has to be ordered, and it may take some work to find out exactly what her name is, and what her history is...

joeyr 12-07-2007 08:20 AM

RE: Well, Ive gone and done it again..this time, unthinkable?

Good one. Nice mustang though, I wonder how much horse power she'll get at the track [sm=gears.gif]

Mopar_Nut 12-07-2007 08:31 AM

At least this Mustang doesn't harm the environment. Most people buy a hybrid when they "go green", but you can't get much greener than that.:D

Beautiful horse, btw.

TechmanBD 12-07-2007 08:41 AM

Nice, congrats. So are you going to keep her stabled somewhere or do you have the room at your home?

Rich Knapp 12-07-2007 09:56 AM

Looks so sweet. Hey you could win car titals. lol Heck my dad used to do it with his ballel racing 1/4 horse. lol narow 2 lane road 1/8 mile down, turn around and 1/8 mile back. His horse would turn so sharp it would be on its side. by time the car finished its "Y" turn it wouldn't have time to catch up. when people took the bet they never considered the "Y" turn they just looked at horse-car and 1/4 mile race. lol

1 Bad Mirada 12-07-2007 10:06 AM

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

Nice, congrats. So are you going to keep her stabled somewhere or do you have the room at your home?
we will be keeping her at the stable where we purchased her. they have 24 hour on-site staff, turnout service, etc...and the people who own the stable live there, and the hands live in part of the stable. they have a vet on call, etc...so its a good choice, and better for the horse.

plus, if we should decide to take her to stud, and it was successful, and we had a male foal, i could name it optimus prime...:)

TechmanBD 12-07-2007 01:45 PM

That's cool. I am not familiar with horses, but maybe you can answer this question that I always wondered. It seems like people trade and sell horses like cars so to speak. Do horses not get attached to their owners? Do they recognize who their owners are? I mean, if someone owns a horse for awhile, then they get sold to someone else, do they get depressed? Say like a dog would? I know different animals, but I always wondered if they have bonds like a house pet does. If they see you, do they react in a "happy" way to see you?

Jeremiah 29:11 12-07-2007 03:57 PM

I am not sure this horse will not hurt the environment. Most of the time they talk about cows farting and producing methane gas that which causes the greenhouse effect to our environment. I am sure horses have the same problem. However, if you collect the horse cookies you can produce methane gas you can burn.

The moral of that story is while farts are bad, cookies are good. ROFL!!!!!

TechmanBD 12-07-2007 04:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

I am not sure this horse will not hurt the environment. Most of the time they talk about cows farting and producing methane gas that which causes the greenhouse effect to our environment. I am sure horses have the same problem. However, if you collect the horse cookies you can produce methane gas you can burn.

The moral of that story is while farts are bad, cookies are good. ROFL!!!!!
LOL, I was thinking the same thing, but didn't say it.

but read this, it could change that theory, click the link below to read the full story

Kangaroo farts could ease global warming

stevelegel 12-07-2007 06:41 PM

You have my sympathy. My ex wife and daughter are involved with Arabians. I am very proud of Natalie, a multi year Youth National Champion.
Steve