Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   What would you drive to your High School Reunion? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/what-would-you-drive-your-high-school-reunion-1717/)

Jeremiah 29:11 08-22-2007 10:32 AM

What would you drive to your High School Reunion?

Well I think he got his priorities straight with his choice of car, but he needs to work on his "lack of motivation/rejection of conformity" issue.

You have heard me say this before on this forum. There are 3 kinds of people in this world.

1. Those that make things happen.

2. Those that watch things happen.

3. Those that wonder what happened.

Don't be in category #3.

So what car will you drive to your High School reunion and why?

This was a reply I saw on the web:

I went to a nerd school with only 50 people, and most of them are going to have successful engineering careers with highly respectable
companies and lead happy, meaningful lives. So to make up for my lack of motivation/rejection of conformity, I'll have to show up in my favorite
car, a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T with a 40 Six-Pak and a Hurst pistol-grip shifter. Which also helps because not a single one of my classmates can
be described as a "car enthusiast", so I'll stick out next to the Corollas and Malibus that will inevitably pollute the parking lot.

RoswellGrey 08-22-2007 02:23 PM

RE: What would you drive to your High School Reunion?

I'd have to agree with Mr. Reject. There can be only one car that's suitable for any occasion: The 1970 Dodge Challenger. I even took mine to three or four funerals. Hopefully, somebody trustworthy takes my 2008-or-09 model out to the cemetery when I finally join the Choir Silent. In the Old West, they used to take the deceased's horse out to Boot Hill so the nag could pay its respects, too. :D

Paladin06 08-22-2007 02:26 PM

In an earlier post I noted my wife has been instructed to do just what you noted.

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

I'd have to agree with Mr. Reject. There can be only one car that's suitable for any occasion: The 1970 Dodge Challenger. I even took mine to three or four funerals. Hopefully, somebody trustworthy takes my 2008-or-09 model out to the cemetery when I finally join the Choir Silent. In the Old West, they used to take the deceased's horse out to Boot Hill so the nag could pay its respects, too. :D

RoswellGrey 08-22-2007 02:27 PM

Paladin, you indeed are a True American.

jdb840 08-22-2007 03:27 PM

That almost sounds like me. I was the dorky kid in high school that loved musclecars and wasn't very popular. Although I'm an engineer now, and most of the other people didn't turn very successful, as in, not amounting to much in a career.

My 10 year reunion is coming up next year. I will be driving my 70 Challenger R/T 440 6pack to it.

1 Bad Mirada 08-22-2007 04:35 PM

ill take the mirada...;)

lear4406 08-22-2007 05:18 PM

You guys are awsome! They will hear you when you come in and they will hear you when you leave.:D I went to my 20 year reunion in my 88 Conquest TSI. Some of my classmates said " nice Porche". I'm a Chrysler kind of guy, so it wasn't a compliment. Man did those guys look old. Come to think of it so did I:eek: I will be driving the Challenger to my 30th.

Jeremiah 29:11 08-22-2007 05:20 PM

jdb840...The big difference is you are now an engineer and did he not have motivation.

RoswellGrey 08-22-2007 05:53 PM

But they both have cool cars. :D

TechmanBD 08-22-2007 06:38 PM

I would drive nothing as I don't go to those. I was happy to get out and never had a desire to go back, as a lot of people said that I would miss it and wish to come back. Nope. not me. This was me on my last day = [sm=gears.gif]