Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   What is your favorite soft drink? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/what-your-favorite-soft-drink-311/)

Jeremiah 29:11 06-21-2006 07:40 PM

RE: What is your favorite soft drink?

We hope to finish to car tonight. I'll try to remember to post a picture of it.

1 Bad Mirada 06-21-2006 09:40 PM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

i have gotten away from coffee, as when i worked at the dealership, i would drink it all day, and it wasnt uncommon for me to go through 5 or 6 pots a day, mostly because i coached after, and we hit the ice at 10pm..i got home around 1am, had to be at work at 7am...
Now that is what I call a caffeine addiction! You were killing yourself with that schedule, Patrick.

yeah..i worked monday-friday 7am to 4pm...and we had practice from 10-midnight on monday and wednesday...games on friday and saturday...sometimes sunday tuesday was off ice conditioning, and i also played for 2 teams at least one night a week. there was a stretch before i moved...from a point in september to christmas break for the students, i was at the rink every single night...it was 70 some days in a row at the rink..i was so happy to get a break during christmas break! lol

TechmanBD 06-21-2006 11:17 PM

On the cruise we went to Kona in HI. The excursion we took there took us into the Kona coffee area, There was a store that was giving out free samples. I have to say that 100% Kona Bean coffee is the best I ever tasted. So I bought a small bag of beans. $18, I know expensive, but worth it.

RLSH700 06-21-2006 11:25 PM

You enjoy punishment Patrick. That type of schedule would drive me nuts. I bet you enjoyed Christmas break big time then.

I understand the sugar issue Jeremiah, but I'm young enough yet that it doesn't hurt me and I walk at least 4 miles a night and do my evening workouts as well. Okay Jeremiah keep me posted on that one and good luck!

Jeremiah 29:11 06-21-2006 11:31 PM

Okay coffee is my topic. I have Seattle's Best beans for making coffee. Starbuck's owns all of the Seattles Best shops in my area.

Seattle's has always done a better job at getting the taste right in coffee because the owner would travel the world over to both private
and commercial farms and pick the ones with the best taste. He would have them packaged and shipped to his stores the world over.

I have been to both the original Starbucks and Seattle's Best shops in Seattle Washington......that was kinda cool if you are fans of coffee.

In the summer Toddy is my favorite. You have to get beans ground especially for putting in a special container for holding the grounds and water soaking for
12 hours and no more. You then let it drain and out comes coffee without all of the acid which bothers some people when they drink hot coffee.

Afterwards your store the container in a refrigerator. When you need some coffee you can mix it with ice and milk and chocolate or just ice, or just milk.

Ask any of those stores what a Toddy container looks like as most of them sell them and also serve the coffee as well. Try it!

Great coffee for the hot summers in Texas.

RLSH700 06-21-2006 11:38 PM

I guess coffee is more your cup of tea (or coffee in this case). I'll have to give the Java City I have on campus a try sometime. I've never really had coffee beyond Folgers (and I didn't like it that well). I'll try your tips.

Jeremiah 29:11 06-21-2006 11:52 PM

No wonder you dislike coffee. Folgers is horrible! Yuk!

If you don't mind the calories you can get a Frappacino or a Caramel Macchiato and those are good.

You can also get the hot coffees over ice instead like a Latte and generally one of my favorites in the summer.

Tell me what you think.

RLSH700 06-22-2006 12:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

No wonder you dislike coffee. Folgers is horrible! Yuk!
LOL!!! That is all my parents ever drink (I think they lost their taste buds years ago). My mom loves strong coffee (the stronger the better is what she says) no cream, no sugar, no nothing, just black. I can't stand it! Ick!

I'll have to give that stuff you recommended a try. I'll let you know when I have the chance. I need to do my evening workouts so all do one more round of responding and call it a night (or a morning in my area).

Jeremiah 29:11 06-22-2006 12:14 AM

Awesome!

Have a good night. Remember to dream about the Challenger.

TechmanBD 06-22-2006 10:17 AM

We just started using Seattle Best Coffee here at work. It is ok. As far as Starbucks. [:'(]. There is always a burnt tatse to it. And I have been to a few different ones. And I am not the only one that noticed that. So if I have to go because friends are going, I just get a frapaccino.