Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   What is your favorite TV show? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/what-your-favorite-tv-show-308/)

RLSH700 06-21-2006 04:54 PM

What is your favorite TV show?

What TV show is your favorite (doesn't have to include cars if you don't want to). My favorite is the Simpsons. I have seasons 1, 3, 5, & 6. My favorite character is Bart, since he raises H#!! and drives Homer and Lisa nuts. What is your favorite.

TechmanBD 06-21-2006 04:57 PM

RE: What is your favorite TV show?

1 favorite is hard to say. I guess right now, it is "Rescue Me" and "House".

and have to say "Supernatural". Wife's bread and butter for next season.

RLSH700 06-21-2006 05:02 PM

Rescue Me is really good. Denis Leary is one of my favorite actors.

Jeremiah 29:11 06-21-2006 05:09 PM

Well, mine is a little more serious than those but if there is one show I will not miss is "24" . Many of you have probably not heard of it
but neither has many of my friends so it doesn't surprise me. I guess I have always like the spy and intrigue shows and movies.

For me this show is so good I can't wait until the commercial is over with and it is very timely with all of the terrorist activities in the world today.

Of course, I watch by myself the Horsepower TV series as well on Saturday mornings.

RLSH700 06-21-2006 05:24 PM

24 is also good. The only reason why I don't watch it is I know I would be unable to tare myself away from the TV if I watched it regularly. I understand completely. Horsepower TV is also good.

TechmanBD 06-21-2006 05:25 PM

I know "24". But never really got into it. I do like spy stuff, but that just didn't grab me. I too watch Horsepower TV on Saturdays. I basically only watch musclecar and horsepower? I think that is what it is called. Xtreme 4x4 I never got into. I used to watch Trucks, I liked Stacey as the host. As goofy as the guy was, he was a good host. The 2 now get on my nerves. It is like they did that to have a tough looking guy on there.

Jeremiah 29:11 06-21-2006 05:35 PM

I watch all Horsepower TV for the education part, but my favorites are musclecar and horsepower. Trucks with Stacy was great and he was the best host. I really liked Sargeant Rock and Copperhead as my favorites projects. Those new guy on truck are okay but not great. Stacy would talk to you like if you were in the same room.

RLSH700 06-21-2006 05:39 PM

I use that mostly for the educational part as well.

TechmanBD 06-21-2006 05:56 PM

He not only spoke as if you were in the same room, he also had enthusiasm that seemd genuine. He looked as if he was having alot of fun on the show and with the trucks.

RLSH700 06-21-2006 06:06 PM

That is what makes a show more enjoyable is when it seems as though the person on show seems to enjoy himself or herself and relates to you. I can't stand the ones who seem like they think they are the only ones who know anything.

1 Bad Mirada 06-21-2006 06:50 PM

i have a learned disliking of the power block shows...

this past season, i didnt watch anything on monday...on tuesday i watch house...on wednesday i watch lost...nothing on thursday, and nothing on friday or saturday...and on sunday, i try to catch the simpsons and family guy...

this season, i dont have any shows that i watch regularly, but having had a restarurant, i enjoy hells kitchen.

RLSH700 06-21-2006 07:08 PM

Family Guy is pretty good most of the time. I guess you either don't have cable or you just don't like to watch reruns of Family Guy on either TBS or on "Adult Swim" on the Cartoon Network.

So you had a restuarant? What did you have and what was it like?

1 Bad Mirada 06-21-2006 09:34 PM

i watch family guy reruns too...i thought that we were talking prime time TV..

as for my eatery...it was in college. i was the manager of "Steel City Steaks". it as in downtown pittsburgh, and we specialized in steak sandwiches and salads...downtown pittsburgh is a ghost town at night, so we were only open 10am-2pm.

while it doesnt sound like anything special, we had a specially seasoned steak, cooked in front of the customers. it was sort of an open-air place...youd walk up and order, and you had a choice of either steak, chicken, turkey, burgers or chicken...you would walk up, order your sandwich or salad (i preferred the sandwich). the steak was thin sliced, and we would spread it on a flat grill with your choice of green peppers, onions, mushrooms, banana peppers, jalepenos...the chef would dice everything up and mix it together on the grill...the better guys could flip things over their shoulder and catch them..etc...then you would put the cheese over the meat and put the bun on top..that steams the flavor of the meat into the bun and crisps the corners a bit.

while it sounds like a run of the mill sandwich with some theatrics, our catch was that nothing was ever frozen
we got there every morning at 7am and started by cutting the freshly delivered steak sides...the french fries were cut every morning...the burgers were fresh weekly (hard to keep them fresh daily) and ALL of the veggies were cut fresh every morning, delivered on monday, wednesday and friday...nothing frozen, nothing canned...we didnt make out own bread, but it was also delivered fresh every morning..it was still hot when it got there...:)

RLSH700 06-21-2006 10:01 PM

No, any TV period. I just wanted to talk about what your favorite show that you can still see on TV whether or not it is reruns.

Actually it sounds like it was great. My friends Italian place doesn't freeze anything either and that makes a world of difference. It would have been a nice place to go to if they had one in my area.

1 Bad Mirada 06-21-2006 10:24 PM

well, we were doing well, until a chik-fil-a moved in next door, and people would rather pay 7 bucks for deep friend crap..:eek:

RLSH700 06-21-2006 11:41 PM

Don't you hate it when that happens. I appreciate the taste of fresh stuff quite a bit. People who only eat fried don't know what they are missing out on.:eek:

P.S. your Mirada looks nice!

1 Bad Mirada 06-22-2006 09:19 AM

thanks! the picture is a little grainy...:(

RLSH700 06-22-2006 05:01 PM

That is a digital camera for you. After my classes are done and I'm back in Ghettoville (oh I mean Sparta), I'll have to make a picture for the bottom of my pages (I want to use a picture of my Intrepid). I actually don't have a digital camera (I don't take many pictures anyways), but my brother has his cell phone. It isn't the greatest quality, but hey it's a digital camera. Either that or I'll mouch (wait I mean borrow) my friend's digital camera.

1 Bad Mirada 06-22-2006 05:22 PM

well, the problem is that i dont have an editing program...i do them all in MS paint...it was a huge picture, so when i downsize it to the right size, it gets grainy.

we have several digital cameras, which i need for work...

RLSH700 06-22-2006 05:55 PM

Okay, my brother has complained about that program before. They say that Macs are supposed to be better with pictures and stuff like that. Now that they are supposed to be able to accliable with Windows maybe that will work for you (or is the problem just Windows). BTW if you don't mind me asking, what are you doing for a job (or are these sites your job)?

1 Bad Mirada 06-22-2006 06:51 PM

im a writer..."journalist"...i get paid to write reviews or informative articles. i dont get paid for the forum stuff.

MS paint just isnt made to edit photos with good quality...thats why it comes free on every PC...now amanda has an editing program which will change the size without hurting the quality, but i dont have it, and dont know how to use it.

RLSH700 06-22-2006 07:44 PM

Who do you write for?

Not surprising that MS version is inferior. They tend to be the lowest quality but people still use them because they are two things: A. cheap B. user friendly (most of the time.).

1 Bad Mirada 06-22-2006 08:10 PM

i write for the person who owns the forums...he has more than just car sites, but in some cases, like the home page here, i compiled all of that information. ive done comprehensive reviews of the history of the mustang, charger, etc...as well as new car reviews.

we have plans at some point to open a magazine site. right now we're working on the programming and such...well, not "we"...the programming people. i dont know when the hopefully open date is now.

RLSH700 06-22-2006 08:44 PM

Let me know when you guys finish that. I'm actually working on writing a few books right now (nonautomotive). I am planning though to write a book about common myths about cars and advice on how to pick the right car for yourself, as well as tips on how to get great gas mileage. What new car reviews have you done and where are they? I'd like to read them. I trust you a lot more than a lot of these serverely outdated outlets that are out of touch.

1 Bad Mirada 06-22-2006 09:17 PM

for DCX ive done the 300c, 300c SRT8, the caliber (pre-release), charger srt-8, mclaren slr, and the new m class

for fmc ive done the 05 mustang, 06 mustang, 07 cobra, and a ton of history reviews...the rx8, the mx5 miata

for gm ive done the H3, the 06 monte, the new Z06, the TBSS, the cobalt SS, the new GTO, the 1969 camaro

for imports, ive done the pre release 06 eclipse, the next gen mini, the 06 SI, the audi B7, the carrera GT and gemballa GT, the 06 350z and the evo 9.

there might be more, im not sure...i lose track. they got better as time went on, and the ones where ive driven the car are better. lately, ive been doing reviews of histories of various cars...my latest project, other than this sites information section, is this:
http://www.mustangforums.com/timeline/

its a year by year review of the mustang from 64 to present. ive also done year by year reviews of the saleens and roush stangs. i do whatever is requested of my lately...

Jeremiah 29:11 06-22-2006 10:29 PM

Wow, what an interesting and cool job......writing about cars and stuff.

What are you thoughts on windingroad.com is that kind of what you are planning on doing.....an internet magazine.

1 Bad Mirada 06-22-2006 10:41 PM

sort of like that, but i will cover other aspects of automotive enthusiasm, such as racing events...odd news..plus the reviews.

there are some interesting things that im going to do, but i dont want to talk about it just yet....:)

RLSH700 06-22-2006 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Wow, what an interesting and cool job......writing about cars and stuff.

What are you thoughts on windingroad.com is that kind of what you are planning on doing.....an internet magazine.
Yeah that is real cool job. I hope to have a job like that some day. Only tell us what you can. Let us know when you can.

RLSH700 06-23-2006 12:04 AM

Hey if you guys are still on here, turn on the SPEED CHANNEL right now. They have the special on the Challenger and 'Cuda showing right now!

Jeremiah 29:11 06-23-2006 12:22 AM

Tell me if is any good as I do not subscribe and would have to pay for that program.

RLSH700 06-23-2006 12:36 AM

In case I didn't make myself clear, which I do have an issue with at times, this is about the classic model. They were talking about how the Barracuda was there from the beginning with the Mustang, then that Dodge got the Challenger, the popularity and sucess of the two. A little history behind the HEMI big-block and how it produced more than 500 hp on the dyno. How the Challenger and Cuda with the HEMI was really tough competitor. Then they told about how those two muscle cars were killed no thanks to emission standards, high insurance company rates, and jumping fuel prices.

This was episode was made back in 2003. It was definetly worth watching, but they don't have enough episodes like that to make it worth buying the whole extra channel. I just have this because it comes with my room. You can order these individual episodes on DVD if you want it. They interviewed a few people who had them. The name of the show is "The American Muscle Car." They have these episodes on about once a week at about 12:00 a.m.

Pardon me if I got a little too excited, but I haven't had cable for that long and TV has gone down hill so far in my opinion that if anything good is on, then I'm excited.

TechmanBD 06-23-2006 12:48 PM

There are other shows that I like on HBO. I use to like Sopranos, but this season it is CRAP. I still watch just to see how it ends since Ihave watched it from the beginning basically. Also love Deadwood. And a friend told us about a sitcom on HBO called Lucky Louie. That is a funny show so far. Only 2 episodes so we will see if it can keep on going.

Also some british shows on BBCA. Love the British Humor. Litttle Britain is a skit show. Man that is some funny sh%$. Unfortunatley they only did 3 seasons because the 2 main guys, from what I heard, didn't want to go on with it.

71CHALLENGER 06-23-2006 01:47 PM

;)USED TO LOVE THE DUKES OF HAZZARD, HAD A BLUE 70 CHARGER BACK IN 1979,
ALWAYS WNTED TO CLONE IT TO THE DUKES CAR,BUT NEVER GOT AROUND TO IT.THOUGH
SOLD IT IN 1981 FOR A WHOPPING 250.00......... STILL KICKING MY SELF IN THE BUTT
FOR THAT ONE EVEN TODAY. ANYWAY MY THREE YEAR OLD SON GOT A TEN PACK DVD
VIDEO SET FOR HIS BIRTHDAY IN JANUARY. I THINK I WATCHED MOST OF THEM ALREADY
BRRINGS BACK SOME MEMORIES. SO THIS WAS A GOOD QUESTION. THANKS, DAVE
71 CHALLY

RLSH700 06-23-2006 06:26 PM

Has the BBCA ever broadcast episodes of a show called Red Dwarf? My family has seasons 1-6. I also like British comedies (espically Monty Python).

Jeremiah 29:11 06-24-2006 12:43 PM

One of my favorite "Back in the Day" tv shows was the original Star Trek series. I liked that 3 year running, 76 or so episodes tv show and saw all of them
when they first aired. What is interesting is that it aired in 1966-1969 and the first Apollo Moon walk wasn't until July 21 1969.

Interesting history.

Paladin06 06-25-2006 06:03 PM

"24" hands down!!:)

RLSH700 06-27-2006 12:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

One of my favorite "Back in the Day" tv shows was the original Star Trek series. I liked that 3 year running, 76 or so episodes tv show and saw all of them
when they first aired. What is interesting is that it aired in 1966-1969 and the first Apollo Moon walk wasn't until July 21 1969.

Interesting history.
Well that is a little before my time, but I'll take your word for it.;)

Jeremiah 29:11 06-27-2006 07:54 PM

Sure but you can watch all of the episodes all of the episodes on the SCI FI Channel and not miss one.

You get to watch William Shatner "over act because the set props were so poor".

Enjoy!

RLSH700 06-27-2006 10:01 PM

If I get the extra time (a major if with my schedule) I will watch it.