Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Whats everyone doing for exhaust? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/whats-everyone-doing-exhaust-7507/)

Dads R/T 04-30-2010 02:27 AM

Whats everyone doing for exhaust?

Has anyone changed their exhaust? I would like to get some more noise on the R/T but dont want to spend 1k. Can't we just switch out the mufflers? What has it cost you?

wp23n 04-30-2010 04:10 AM

company called BlastinBobs makes a rear resonator delete kit
and i have heard nothing but good things about it.

lear4406 04-30-2010 02:12 PM

I went to the local muffler shop and had the back (mufflers or resonators whichever you choose to call them) taken off and the stock talitips put back on. It has a slight drone at 1900-2000 RMPs but other wise sounds a little deeper. But hit WOT and it roars. I like the sound and if you think its too loud at first wait a week and you will think its just right. And the best thing is it was under $100. He did a real nice job and I always take my exhaust needs to him. He did the exhaust on my Stealth and a 3" on my Conquest.

Dads R/T 04-30-2010 02:20 PM

I am going that route, but I think I will just buy the kit from Blastin Bobs and have a perfect fit. I read all kinds of stuff on another forum and they are well liked. I am on a budget also and this will work great. Anyone have a coupon code for them?

RareTA 05-07-2010 07:30 AM

I have thought about BB's also. Just not done it yet. I'm not 100% sure I want it loud. I know I'm getting old.

MoparJoe 05-07-2010 08:29 AM

I think I am going to put on at least 1 - 5 K before I make a decision.
My wife has an 06 Daytona Charger with stock exhaust and they have gotten deeper and sound a whole lot better than when we first got the car. I am guess I will let these new puppies age some and see where their tone goes. They are deeper now at 600 miles than at 10 miles. Hope they are like wine and age nicely. Plus I really don't want to go down the cabin drone highway. Very annoying.;)

Dads R/T 05-08-2010 04:42 AM

I got the res delete kit installed last night. Not real loud, sounds excellent to me. Wasn't that big a task, I did it my self with a cutting wheel and hacksaw. The passenger side was easiest, didn't have to use the saw. Really I would recommend getting a better cutting source. Well worth the $125 total I spent. I will drive it today and take it down the highway. My car has almost 8k miles and the pipes did get louder but not much. I think a car that looks like its has muscle, should sound like muscle....Will post some sound bites in sights and sounds section this evening.

RareTA 05-09-2010 05:18 AM

Is your car a manual ot auto? If it's an auto does it have any of the drone people talk about when the MDS engages?

electrikhellfire 05-20-2010 02:41 PM

I got the mopar cat-back exhaust they offer at the dealerships for my r/t..I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about with square quad tips and the really deep sound..It was roughly $1100..and now with a mopar cold air intake I know I have the baddest challenger around.I did see one that had round quad tips but it didnt sound anywhere near mine so it makes me think he just got the tips..

deranged 06-02-2010 05:32 PM

I think I'm over the make it louder phase at this point in my life. Mine's a six speed car and I think the exhaust note is JUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSST right on it. When the car is running though the stereo is off though. I'm gonna have a low mileage stereo. :D