Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Where were you when you heard about 9/11? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/where-were-you-when-you-heard-about-9-11-a-621/)

RLSH700 09-11-2006 12:05 AM

Where were you when you heard about 9/11?

I was informed at around 11:15. They called us into the chapel (I went to a private Christian high school) and they told us. This was my schools third year of existence so we didn't have a TV to watch. We asked questions and prayed for an hour, then we continued on with the school day. Like many people, I was a cross between scared to death and extremely angry. Where were you

mstrueby 09-11-2006 07:44 PM

RE: Where were you when you heard about 9/11?

i remember that because i was at school and all the teachers where freaking out and no 1 knew what was going on

RLSH700 09-11-2006 10:17 PM

I know that many people I talked to had TVs and they watched the stuff happening on TV. Did they do that at your school, mstrueby?

1 Bad Mirada 09-12-2006 10:04 AM

i was in college, and i watched it on CNN...it was increidbly unusual that i was awake before noon...and that day i woke up and went to my early class...and that happened.

TeeWJay426 09-12-2006 10:32 AM

I was at work, in the office. The secretary told us over the wall that a plane had hit one of the towers. At that point, with no details everyone figured a moron in his Cessna got too close.... little did we know. When more details became available, they set up a TV in a conference room and got a news channel live feed.... just in time to see the second plane hit. Not much work got done that day.... especially after finding out my company lost 4 employees in the planes, 2 of which I knew personally.

TechmanBD 09-12-2006 10:34 AM

I was on my way to work in San Diego. I was listening to cd's. I was pissed because it took 2 hours to get to work and never saw an accident, and I was thinking I knew I should have rode the bike. My company was close to Mira Mar(sp?) base, so all entrances were closed except the main which was on the road that I would take to get to work. Then I got to work and they had the TV on. That is when I found out. Colleages were asking if I saw what happened. I was like, HUH?

Needless to say, no work got done that day as most of us were in the lunch room watching.

1 Bad Mirada 09-12-2006 10:49 AM

school closed shortly after...since we were so near to pittsburgh, and our school has the highest learning building in the US, it was a concern, so the skies were full of military aircraft. classes were cancelled that day..a friend of mine on the hockey team was from long island, and his dad worked in one of the smaller buildings which was severely damaged. he called matts mom and said "im not sure whats going on, but there is alot of chaos on the street, and i heard a big crash and there is alot of stuff hitting the streets outside of the office...somehow, his mother wasnt sure of what was going on yet, so his dad said "im going to have a look, and ill call you back"...i believe that it was a day and a half before they heard from him again, when he showed up at home, covered in dust...he couldnt call out after that call, and was trying to help people as he could.