Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Who has a Challenger Fund already? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/who-has-challenger-fund-already-1318/)

ManGO 05-09-2007 02:09 PM

Who has a Challenger Fund already?

I figured I would get a jump start on my DownPayment money for the Challenger.
Dodge owes me some cash and Im getting most of my extended warrenty money back.
Might as well put it aside for the next Mopar Im buying.

Who else has a fund like this?

How much ya got in it?

RoswellGrey 05-09-2007 02:37 PM

RE: Who has a Challenger Fund already?

Believe it or not, my daddy IS going to buy it for me -- or at least a big part of it. He had to move in with us several years ago due to having lost the use of his legs and I have to spend my mornings taking care of him before I go to work at night (my wife handles the night duties). As a joke, when it first was mentioned that the Challenger would return, I said I needed part of my inheritance to get one. Amazingly, he agreed -- he always liked my '70 and used to borrow it for such important trips as going to the grocery store or the mall. Actually, I've been spending all my money since 2001 to care for him, figuring the inheritance will more than cover it -- the ultimate case of it takes money to make money. But since he isn't a millionaire, I refuse to shoot up more than $30K on a car.

ManGO 05-09-2007 03:59 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Believe it or not, my daddy IS going to buy it for me -- or at least a big part of it. He had to move in with us several years ago due to having lost the use of his legs and I have to spend my mornings taking care of him before I go to work at night (my wife handles the night duties). As a joke, when it first was mentioned that the Challenger would return, I said I needed part of my inheritance to get one. Amazingly, he agreed -- he always liked my '70 and used to borrow it for such important trips as going to the grocery store or the mall. Actually, I've been spending all my money since 2001 to care for him, figuring the inheritance will more than cover it -- the ultimate case of it takes money to make money. But since he isn't a millionaire, I refuse to shoot up more than $30K on a car.
Not exactly what I had in mind.

And breaking the 30k is hard to swallow, but I think in this case its well worth it.
(its easier to do it again after you've done it once tho)

awsure 05-09-2007 04:19 PM

Unfortunately I had to dip into it during a job transition but am hitting it hard the next 10-11 months to try and pump it up. My hope is still to pay cash if the car is in the $38k range. Probably wishful thinking though.

RLSH700 05-09-2007 11:01 PM

I working on mine. Once I'm done with college and get a job with my degree, I will probably start building up the fund for a nice down payment. I don't like financing if I can help it. I'm willing to wait.

lear4406 05-10-2007 04:53 AM

I'm working 12 hours a day 6 days a week for the last 60 days and now they say we have our outage extended 3 more weeks. So I will continue to plug money into the Challenger fund. My house is up for sale in SC and I should make a nice profit off of it. So I have a few options as to the funding of my Challenger. I have always bought my cars outright and don't want to break that trend. Cheaper on insurance and no interest on payments. Or I could put a real large down payment and have some mod money. Decisions, decisions.:)

Paladin06 05-10-2007 03:22 PM

$15K and counting..