Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Who is your cell phone provider? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/who-your-cell-phone-provider-309/)

RLSH700 06-21-2006 05:01 PM

Who is your cell phone provider?

Who do you have as a cell phone provider? I currently have Cellular One with a Motorola V190. I switched providers in April around my birthday because they dropped most of the people in my area because they were allegedly being sued by area competitors for some odd reasons. I actually prefer this service. It is clearer than my previous provider (Cingular) and holds calls better than the one I had before them (Verizon). My previous phone was a Motorola V180. What do you guys have?

Jeremiah 29:11 06-21-2006 05:12 PM

RE: Who is your cell phone provider?

Cingular with a Treo PDA......the only problem with that is that I am too accessible.

RLSH700 06-21-2006 05:21 PM

That can become a curse after a while. The solution is to turn it off when you don't need it. Pardon my ignorance, but who makes your phone.

TechmanBD 06-21-2006 05:30 PM

I have Sprint PCS. I have had them for along time. And never had problem with them. My wife has cingular. She barely gets reception in the house. Once my contract is up next year we are thinking of going to Verizon. The reason is, that sprint is strictly national network. And Verizon has a global network. But we will see also who has the best offer at that time.

Jeremiah 29:11 06-21-2006 05:39 PM

Treo 650 Smartphone by Palm One

RLSH700 06-21-2006 05:43 PM

My advice to you TechmanBD is to talk to some friends of yours to be sure Verizon is good in your area. Verizon was supposed to be good in my area but it couldn't hold a call if its life depended on it despite what their service map said. So what phones do you currently have and what do you plan on getting when you get your new service?

Thanks for the info Jeremiah, it sounds like a nice one.

TechmanBD 06-21-2006 05:48 PM

I have the Spint Sanyo 8300. Good phone, Have had it for over 3 years and many drops. I am ready to get a new one, but need to wait to see what we do. I personally would prefer to just stay with these guys and add the wife to the plan

RLSH700 06-21-2006 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

I have the Spint Sanyo 8300. Good phone, Have had it for over 3 years and many drops. I am ready to get a new one, but need to wait to see what we do. I personally would prefer to just stay with these guys and add the wife to the plan
"and many drops" LOL!!! I've been there too with mine. My theory is "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" (but do proper maintenance of course;)). If Sprint works great for you, I'd just add your wife to your plan. Why does your wife have a different plan (or is this a newer marriage to where she had this before you got married)?

TechmanBD 06-21-2006 05:54 PM

Exactly, new marriage. Been a month now. I was gone for 2 weeks, that is why I have been scarce. She has had cingular since I met her. She doesn't use it at all, she has the most basic plan. It is for emergencies. I use mine as my main phone. It is cheaper than having full service on home phone.

RLSH700 06-21-2006 06:09 PM

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

Exactly, new marriage. Been a month now. I was gone for 2 weeks, that is why I have been scarce. She has had cingular since I met her. She doesn't use it at all, she has the most basic plan. It is for emergencies. I use mine as my main phone. It is cheaper than having full service on home phone.
Congrats, TechmanBD! I'm like you, my cell phone is my primary phone. I love my plan because I can use it after 7:00 p.m. for free (beyond the monthly payments). That is when I go on my evening walks and start talking up a storm. Those basic plans on cell phones are a rip off.