Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Why a Hot Rod Station Wagon?? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/why-hot-rod-station-wagon-985/)

Paladin06 01-16-2007 05:38 AM

Why a Hot Rod Station Wagon??

Someone help me understand this will you?

2008 Dodge Magnum
Dodge gives the Magnum wagon a mild makeover for the 2008 model year, and adds a high performance SRT8 model. The Magnum SRT8 gets a restyled hood with functional air scoop, along with a new fascia and grille. Under that hood is a 6.1-liter Hemi V-8 rated at 425 hp. Dodge says the Magnum SRT8 will run from 0 to 60 mph in a bit more than 5 seconds. The restyled Magnums go on sale this fall.

So, is this for those hot rod Fry's, Walmart, Cosco - Christmas and weekly grocery shoppers.[&:]

MGDMike 01-16-2007 07:13 AM

RE: Why a Hot Rod Station Wagon??

I think its a rad and bad@ss car personally. Wish my wife wanted one but she wants other stuff.[:-]

sirmagnum 01-16-2007 08:04 AM

When I was a kid, I remember hot rod Nomads were pretty darn cool. Maybe it's nostalgia, not sure. In 2005, I bought a Magnum R/T, and it really is a fun car. You would be surprised at the number of Mustangs who like to bug me while sitting out a light - and most of them don't know what hit them!

Now, of course, I will use it as fodder for a new Challenger...

TechmanBD 01-16-2007 09:47 AM

I think it would be cool. I don't mind the look of the magnum. As long as it came with a manual transmission, but I doubt it will. Just like they did with the ram srt-10 when they made it an extra cab and didn't offer the MTX. This is for the family person who needs the room but wants a powerful car.

1 Bad Mirada 01-16-2007 10:19 AM

ive had several magnums for rentals (2.7L [:'(] ) but ive driven a hemi magnum, and i like them quite a bit. however, we am not at the point in our life where we are considering a station wagon...the only LX car that we would consider is the 300, but ive seen some bad ass magnums...[8D]

Jeremiah 29:11 01-16-2007 11:05 PM

Magnums make great company fleet cars. I almost got one but we changed to Dodge Grand Caravans instead.

awsure 01-17-2007 12:15 AM

I'm with ya brother.

Bottom line - it's a station wagon.

MGDMike 01-17-2007 07:07 AM

but its a wagon with cajones!;)

RLSH700 01-17-2007 09:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

Someone help me understand this will you?

2008 Dodge Magnum
Dodge gives the Magnum wagon a mild makeover for the 2008 model year, and adds a high performance SRT8 model. The Magnum SRT8 gets a restyled hood with functional air scoop, along with a new fascia and grille. Under that hood is a 6.1-liter Hemi V-8 rated at 425 hp. Dodge says the Magnum SRT8 will run from 0 to 60 mph in a bit more than 5 seconds. The restyled Magnums go on sale this fall.

So, is this for those hot rod Fry's, Walmart, Cosco - Christmas and weekly grocery shoppers.[&:]
Actually the SRT-8 model has been there for a while, the only difference is they are changing the appearance a little and a few options.

I think the reason why the Magnum isn't selling is that even though the Magnum is both powerful and stylish, station wagons still a bad image in people's mind just as minivans are considered to be uncool. Oddly though, SUVs which are basically station wagons on a truck platform (or at least they used to be). It's odd that "car-based" SUVs are considered to be cool when in fact the only difference between many of them and minivans is that they don't offer sliding doors.

TechmanBD 01-17-2007 09:52 AM

I think if I had a choice, I would go with the Magnum before the Charger. But that is just my opinion.