Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Which would you take and you can't have both (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/would-you-take-you-cant-have-both-1280/)

Nero 04-27-2007 01:59 AM

Which would you take and you can't have both

OK you have a car, non specific type, model, year, make, etc, you have enough money to do one of the fallowing:

Option 1. The motor you have is OK but a better one could be put in or it could have improvement to make it a screamer
Option 2. The body of your car is good, no rust, maybe a few dings, little stuff, however you could have body kits, new pant, custom interior, etc making it a real head turner, in a good way.

Which would you do?

McDonald 04-27-2007 07:01 AM

RE: Which would you take and you can't have both

Option 2 if i can rephrase it a little. Body in good condition no rust minor dings, car made i n 60's or 70's. (no body kits please or gay custom interior puke....)

lear4406 04-27-2007 07:20 AM

If you come up with the right answer please forward it to me. I'm in the same boat. But I'm leaning really hard in the direction of new paint and body work. I have funds available to paint it and that seems to be the biggest expense. After that I could divide the engine upgrades into 1intake, 2exhaust,3drivetrain and 4suspension. That way the expense would be minnimal for each project.

jdb840 04-27-2007 09:04 AM

On my car I choose option 2 first. I had all of the body work done and then had it painted. If I could do it again, I'd probably go with the engine and suspension stuff first. At this point it looks great, but still needs alot of engine work done. Now everytime I work on it I'm afraid to stratch the paint or mess anything up. Or better yet I'm afraid of hurting myself, trying to be to careful.

Paladin06 04-27-2007 10:25 AM

option 2

RoswellGrey 04-27-2007 10:52 AM

Option 1. You can always drive around with primer gray as long as you have decent wheels and tires on it. ;)

TechmanBD 04-27-2007 04:38 PM

Tough as you would like to do both, but in this situation, I would go with Option #1. I prefer performance over looks. [sm=gears.gif]

Nags 04-28-2007 08:21 AM

I think i would go with number 2

RLSH700 05-01-2007 12:27 AM

Option 1. I like the stock look on cars for the most part. You can never have too much engine power is my theory.

This might be better if you could make a poll out of this instead of a normal thread topic.

purnrg 05-01-2007 07:20 AM

Why not a little of both, paint (but no skirt package) and some motor work (but not the whole enchilada).