Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Xmas lists? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/xmas-lists-868/)

TechmanBD 12-04-2006 12:16 PM

Xmas lists?

Since it is Dec, and xmas will be here faster than you can blick an eye, anyone make a list yet? What will santy clause bring to you this year?

I am ok with it this year, since I finished up my shopping already. I usually am the one, a week before trying to figure out what to get. I do love the internet technolgy. Great for people who absolutely hate shopping. I am the type that has a panic attack when shopping. I get so ryled up, to where I have to clinch my fists and teeth to get through shopping. Well, all I have left is a few stocking stuffers, that is easy enough.

What I asked for,

Just a few things. Gave a list of collectable cars. Some small parts for the mustang. The inexpensive stuff I would like to get, but never do that I put off, because I rather get something else first.

Some games for my PC. Splinter Cell Double Agent, Rainbow Six Las vegas, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

Also CD's. the first of my choice the new Brian Setzer cd.

A few DVD's. Serenity and Firefly TV Series. Right now this is my all time favorite TV series, too bad it was cancelled. I think it was just too smart for people to understand.

1 Bad Mirada 12-04-2006 12:18 PM

RE: Xmas lists?

we still havent figured out what to get my parents...

and since amanda and i bought the tv and the demon this year, and have the wedding to pay for next year, we decided on no gifts...the PS3 will be our gift once we get one...

TechmanBD 12-04-2006 12:21 PM

I understand that. We did the same last year. We figured paying for the honeymoon was our gift too ourselves. We did get each other somethng just to open. Nothing big just a dvd and I think she just got me a cd.

1 Bad Mirada 12-04-2006 12:32 PM

i might have something in mind for her anyway...;)

RLSH700 12-04-2006 07:06 PM

My father is already taken care of. I'm getting him a stocking cap from my University (he is an alumini). I know it sounds like a cheap gift but his birthday gift was very expensive and he said that would cover father's day, his birthday, and Christmas, but I still thought I should give him at least something, and besides, the price they charge is redicilously expensive for a stocking cap anyways.:eek: Gougers!

My mother is always hard to shop for. I'll get her a gift card for JCPenney's, she loves that store anyways. My mom has very conservative taste and doesn't like fancy things. It is hard to shop for her because her taste is so plain, I'm afraid to buy her something to decorate the house with because she is so picky about things looking gawdy, not that I have that much taste in that department anyways. The only thing she likes are anteques, and those cost big bucks and quite frankly are almost always pieces of junk. I'm trying to get her to modernize a little and I don't want to add anymore to her pile of junk, excuse me I mean her living room!

My brother is easy. I've recorded a whole bunch of movies for him. I could either pay $20 on one movie or get him about $20 worth of movies. I gave him something similar last year and he was perfectly happy with it. (Don't worry their legal)

What do I want for Christmas? Not much really, just season 7 or 8 of the Simpsons and a few other small things such as a renewal of Road and Track magazine. The things I really want are too expensive to ask for (ex. the Challenger).

Jeremiah 29:11 12-04-2006 07:24 PM

RLSH700....you could always ask for a diecast Challenger or something like that.

I too have finished my Christmas shopping and some of the gifts I bought was a Garmin GPS receiver, speaking in Spanish training CD system, jewelry, 250G hard drive, 4 Gb thumb drive , and 2G compact flash card for a camera, etc.. I almost bought a high speed driving course but I think I will save that for a birthday.

Now I just need to figure out what I am going to buy myself for Christmas since the wife has asked my input. I like questions like that.

RLSH700 12-04-2006 10:38 PM

Good point! I'll add that to my Christmas list. Thanks for the advice Jeremiah!

Good luck on coming up with good Christmas gifts for your wife to get you. What are you going to get her or is that a secret because she is watching the forum?

TechmanBD 12-05-2006 11:06 AM

RLSH, I know how you feel. It is hard to buy for my mom. Not because of the same reasons you state, but she has enough junk. I tell her to throw crap out. Actually, we don't throw stuff out but give it to various charities. But anyways, so the best things to get is dvd's or I do major house projects for her, that would cost money to do, or she can't do. But getting her DVD's sometimes doesn't work, because she will go out and buy. I tell her every freakin year, DON"T BUY ANYTHING UNTIL XMAS. What does she do? goes out and buys it. [:@] And this year, my wife did the same F'n thing. I tell her not to buy ANYTHING. Doesn't matter if you don't think I will not get it. What does she do this weekend, buys something that I got her. [:@]. Well it is a little different, so she is getting it anyways.

RLSH700 12-05-2006 11:11 AM

LOL! I've been there before. I tell my mom don't buy anything no matter how good a deal it is, and then after she gets home from Wal-Mart, "Hey RLSH700, look at what I got on discount!" "Mom! I asked you not to get anything like that." "But it was such a good deal. "Yes, that is why I got it for you." Darn it![:@]

Jeremiah 29:11 12-05-2006 07:56 PM

I got her a matching necklace/ring combo and had it sized but she won't see it until Christmas/Anniversary time.