Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Sights N Sounds (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-10/)
-   -   Darlington this weekend (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-10/darlington-weekend-3201/)

stevelegel 05-09-2008 02:46 AM

Darlington this weekend

Dodge Challenger 500 at Darlington is this weekend. I checked the SPEED TV website for broadcast times. No report yet if there will be a Challenger Pace Car. The pre race starts on Saturday 5/10 at 4:00pm till 7;00. There are some prelim and analysis shows on today (Fri 5/9).

The race itself, live on Fox sports TV starts at 7:00 pm Saturday

Steve

lear4406 05-09-2008 04:02 AM

RE: Darlington this weekend

Nice place to run the Challenger 500. The lady in black as its called. I'll be watchimg that race and will be pulling for the pace car:D They should let Richard Petty drive the pace Challenger. That would be fitting.

JJMPB 05-09-2008 05:42 AM

lets hope this car has better luck then the one in road america

DSkippy 05-09-2008 06:22 AM

Or at least can turn left! ;)

As for Petty, how cool would that be to have 43 on the sign and have it retro'd out like DW's Mountain Dew car a month ago.

Of coure it'd be a Challenger w/ all the '70 sponsors.....something like this ......but maybe throw a cuda kit on it (to make it plymouth) w/ a SuperBird treatment!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:R...Roadrunner.jpg

stevelegel 05-09-2008 08:17 AM

pace car 1971 Indy

white Vanishing Point Road of America

Darlington?

Steve

jh27_1970 05-09-2008 12:35 PM

Didnt the pace car in 71 crash in the pits??? we dont want that.

Steve I just relooked at your post are you predicting a crash ?

tdub2112 05-09-2008 02:15 PM

I hope i can get it HD.
one of the few car racing events i might tolerate, besides drag racing.

stevelegel 05-09-2008 04:51 PM

I have high hopes and great expectations that the jinx will be broken. Yes, the 1971 Challenger Indy Pace Car (driven by a celebrity and not a pro) crashed into the pit road wall coming in after the final pace lap, just before green flag. We know here the posts about the Road of America white Challenger etc...
Steve

DK challenger 05-09-2008 06:25 PM

i just saw what looked to be a red 2009 challenger on trackside on speed, It looked awsome!

stevelegel 05-10-2008 02:58 AM

I saw it too, in the background behind the crowd and commentators. "Go or go Home" coverage.
Steve

davecpa 05-10-2008 05:04 AM

i have my popcorn popped, BBQ started, Budweiser poored, and ready for the race to start. I just hope Kyle Busch does not get too close to Dale Jr. or there might be some retaliation for last week. On second thought, a little bumping might be a good thing....maybe Kyle should get up close to Dale Jr.

BootCamp 05-10-2008 05:37 AM

Didn't you Gents watch the Nationwide Series race Friday night?
The red Challenger was the Pace Car for the 250 miler.
Looking forward to seeing it again tonight for the NNC Dodge Challenger 500.
:D

(My wife said I paid more attention to the pace car than the new Victoria's Secret catalogue sitting on the table . Of course she's right.... the Challenger will require "less maintenance" than the "other model's", and will suffer less "body fatigue" under heavy use and over time than the others as well. LOL!)

davecpa 05-10-2008 07:51 AM

I took my daughter to see the speed racer movie last night (which sucked) so i missed the Nationwide race.... did see some qualifying for it.. denny hamlin was smokin up the track and was the fastest car out there... until he hit the wall on the first qualification lap. I am looking forward to seeing the challenger in tonights race. I think i am gonna run to the store and pick up some more steaks... Everyone, you are welcome to come over and watch the race if you all are in the neighborhood.

MGDMike 05-10-2008 01:49 PM

:DJEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!JEFF GORDON!!:D

MGDMike 05-11-2008 03:39 AM

Well, I guess my driver didn't do too shabby.:D

davecpa 05-11-2008 04:59 AM

yes... it is about time jeff did good he is a righteous dude... he has had a hard year so far.. but like they say.."the cream always rises to the top."

JJMPB 05-11-2008 08:24 AM

well atleast the pace car didn't crash the one in road america brakes failed that is why that challenger crashed

Jeremiah 29:11 05-11-2008 12:42 PM

ORIGINAL: JJMPB

well atleast the pace car didn't crash the one in road america brakes failed that is why that challenger crashed
I am glad to hear there was a good reason why it crashed and not because of bad driving. Of course, failing brakes is a little scary. :D

Where is a hand brake when you need one. With a manual you can downshift and then use the foot brake in an emergency.

djb0308 05-11-2008 03:37 PM

Saw the race, and was extatic about the pace car. I was shocked Dodge didnt a promo or commercial yet for it. [sm=dontgetit.gif] Thought that would have been a great place for. Then again when I was at Daytona for the 500 I was looking for the DOdge tent thinking they may have had something there. Guess that's why I'm low guy on the totem pole

70sguy 05-11-2008 05:29 PM

How do those big bembros fail? If this is true, it may be several weeks before they have confidence that this problem is corrected. Bad brakes and a fast car is not a very good combination.

JJMPB 05-12-2008 01:39 AM

i don't know i guess it is possible that they were trying to tweak them at the track soit may not be a break problem from the factory

DSkippy 05-12-2008 06:08 AM

Jeremiah

Where is a hand brake when you need one. With a manual you can downshift and then use the foot brake in an emergency.
Yeah, they laughed at me when I suggested the bungee tethered Car Anchor? Indicating something about bounce back and uncontrolled reversing of direction....small minded fools.....;) The Car Anchor is years ahead of its time!

JJMPB 05-12-2008 07:46 AM

lol

tdub2112 05-12-2008 10:43 AM

anyone got pics of the pace car?

stevelegel 05-12-2008 07:10 PM

Replay on SPPED Thursday May 15, noon and 5:30 PM, set your VCR.
Steve

JJMPB 05-13-2008 04:58 AM

check the general discussion page under challenger 500 there are pics there

tcchubb 05-31-2008 11:32 PM

hey guys just fond this thread. i was at the race and got to drive the drivers around the track. well since my dad is a dodge guy(50 in last 10 years) we got to meet the ceo of dodge and see his personal challenger up close and hear it crank up and fun. we also got to see two silver ones up close. Richard petty did drive a challenger not sure if it was the pace car or not but he did drive a silver one. its funny because every one that was going round the track was going slow so petty stopped for like a min and let the others get far ahead of him and then he stomped it and man did that thing take off. it was funny cause the dodge guy in the passenger seat was waving his hands and yelling nooooooo but petty just kept his foot to the floor. my brother took some pics i will try and get them uploaded as soon as he gives me a copy. by the way great race.

djb0308 06-02-2008 06:35 AM

Sounds like a racer to me:D

DK challenger 06-04-2008 07:24 PM

I wouldn't have stopped either.:)

tcchubb 06-04-2008 09:11 PM

wish i would of got it on tape but lil bro had the camera so i had no control.

stevelegel 06-05-2008 07:34 PM

tc, did you get my email/PM about the Darlington race day program? Was Challenger mentioned in it?
Steve Legel