Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Sights N Sounds (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-10/)
-   -   Factory Spy Photos (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-10/factory-spy-photos-1284/)

Cuda340 04-28-2007 09:29 PM

Factory Spy Photos

Factory spy photos were posted on the newhemitech website. See:

http://www.newhemitech.com/showthrea...pid=558#pid558

Jeremiah 29:11 04-29-2007 12:00 AM

RE: Factory Spy Photos

Those are really cool. I am a little surprised by the "B" pillar but I like the idea since it will make the frame stiffer
for road performance which is my preference.

BootCamp 04-29-2007 11:11 AM

I am a little surprised by the "B" pillar but I like the idea since it will make the frame stiffer for road performance which is my preference.
I think it detracts from the look/lines of the car. I'd rather see it removed. I think a 2-door should be a hardtop, not a coupe. The back seats will be WAY too claustrophobic without an operable rear window, not to mention that the concept is "sans B-pillar".

Rob 04-29-2007 11:55 AM

Ahh....was really hoping to not see that B-Pillar. Looks so clean and 'open' without it.

Paladin06 04-29-2007 02:22 PM

I've got no problem with the B-pillar. There will be NO back seat riders in my Chally.

Rob 04-29-2007 09:44 PM

Haha...sorry, I wont even hear the back seat drivers over my 6.1L engine!!!

lear4406 04-30-2007 05:56 AM

Well, well, finally some news. Glad to see the spy shots and their moving ahead. Its only April, so we may see some road mules soon. I for one am offering my 71 up as a test mule for the 6.4 6-speed combo and the 4 wheel disk brakes. I will take the car out everyday and thrash the motor and trans. I will test the brakes under all kinds of conditions. I will take this setup and test it on the Tail of the Dragon and write a full page report of my findings. Do you think Dodge will buy it? Hey Dodge, I'm game, give me a call. Just my way of helping the process along. This way they don't tie up the mules and can use them for other QC.

RLSH700 05-01-2007 12:41 AM

Allpar has the same pictures on their site. Looking good.

tdub2112 05-07-2007 08:19 PM

It's a Challenger none the less.

Jayhawk 05-09-2007 11:35 AM

Hey all. New member here. Been watching a while but finally signed up.

What's up with the red front fender? The contours don't look right. It looks more like a Charger fender.

1972dodge 06-07-2007 02:36 PM

I just saw the spy pictures.Wow!It looks like they are on there way to really making the Challenger!I am looking forward to having one.I would take it with or without the pillar.Just as long as it is a two door.I would even like it if it was a two door Charger!

demort71 06-24-2007 11:59 PM

Having bought my first Challenger in the Fall of 1975 and having owned one continuouslysince then, I guess I can say I have a lot of experience with them. Frankly there was really only one thing that I ever did in the back seat of any of those Challengers and it didn't involve putting passengers in them. As a matter of fact I seldom spent much time sitting in them at all. When I was young, I discovered that you could lay down in the back seat if necessary. So, who cares about the back seat? If you do, purchase the mechanical brother of the Challenger and get a Charger.

I agree that the concept's back window made the car more like the original and it is better looking with that style of window. I would guess this other style shown in the spy photos is going to be either a fixed window or a vent window like in the old Duster. Perhaps it will have a power window that will open it like on a mini van?

Guess we shouldn't complain too much. The last "Challenger" sure didn't look like the original, even though its instrument panel had some semblence to the original's instrument panel. It was really neat seeing the spy photos. Thanks to our spy for getting them out. I know you risked your job to get these photos for us!!! Thanks a huge bunch.

Jeremiah 29:11 06-25-2007 05:54 PM

Frankly there was really only one thing that I ever did in the back seat of any of those Challengers and it didn't involve putting passengers in them. As a matter of fact I seldom spent much time sitting in them at all. When I was young, I discovered that you could lay down in the back seat if necessary. So, who cares about the back seat? If you do, purchase the mechanical brother of the Challenger and get a Charger.
I understand where you are coming from most muscle cars always did come with back seats even if there were hardly used. I used mine for double dating but like
you I never sat back there except when I was testing the newly installed audio system.

BigBoysToysAZ 06-27-2007 05:06 PM

i really like those alot!!

Rob 06-27-2007 06:36 PM

Man :( Still peeved about that B-pillar

Jeremiah 29:11 06-27-2007 06:56 PM

If that is all you are peeved about, consider yourself a fortunate individual.