Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Sights N Sounds (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-10/)
-   -   Old vs. New Challenger (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-10/old-vs-new-challenger-1011/)

Jeremiah 29:11 01-23-2007 06:55 PM

Old vs. New Challenger

This is definitely one of my favorite side by side shots. This was taken at the Newport sneak a peak back in May.

The new Challenger just looks like it has lifted more weights and has more muscle.

Like what was said when they designed it, it is definitely the car was designed with the "minds eye" in this Challenger.

In other words all of the good things that we remember without all the things we forgot.

I remember my '73 Challenger had very skinny tires when I first got it......but I took care of that real fast.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/EB1222A958D34C1CA97D1C9FAE3AD30D.jpg[/IMG]

Paladin06 01-23-2007 06:58 PM

RE: Old vs. New Challenger

One of my favorites also. Man I love this car!!!:D

RLSH700 01-23-2007 10:53 PM

You know the funny thing is this is one of the few cars that I think looks better in its newer version as opposed to its classic, heritage design both inside and outside.

I like the classic Mustangs from the late 60s better than the current one (no offense TechmanBD).

I completely hate the look of the new Camaro, the classic looked cool. I prefer the looks of the classic GTO over the (cough Grand Prix coupe) latest GTO.

I like the older Vettes way better than the current one. I'm not the biggest fan of the styling of the C6. I liked the C3 the best.

MGDMike 02-04-2007 06:13 PM

Sweetness! I can't wait to put my hands on the wheel and the foot on the gas and just....... ride.

DusterEd 02-05-2007 02:20 PM

I think is about time Ma Mopar has some thing for the Mopar fans of old. I mean people like the charger but the 4 doors turn me off. Hey thats what mini vans are for right. I also believe Ma Mopar has forgotton about the classic car parts for us. Now you can get new body parts for the challenger but no thanks to them. GM has had their old car parts program for years. Mopar is just starting to maybe think of us old Mopar people.

1 Bad Mirada 02-05-2007 02:42 PM

exactly...i own 6 chrysler products now, all of them are two door models, and i have a family. the missus and i agreed a while back that we would never have a minivan...:D

i would really love if mopar would get away from the crappy magnum engines too. if amandas truck was a non-magnum, it would already have heads and a good intake, but since its a magnum, the only real head upgrade option is the mopar RT heads, and they are VERY expensive.

Jeremiah 29:11 02-05-2007 07:46 PM

Well, unfortunately I had to get a Dodge Caravan because it is the designated corporate vehicle but it is good for carrying equipment and customers.

Yes, I do have a minivan.

MGDMike 02-05-2007 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Well, unfortunately I had to get a Dodge Caravan because it is the designated corporate vehicle but it is good for carrying equipment and customers.

Yes, I do have a minivan.
Say it proud!! :D:D

1 Bad Mirada 02-05-2007 09:21 PM

so it was free?

Jeremiah 29:11 02-06-2007 06:53 PM

Yes, it was free to use, but I do not own it.