Notices
Sights N Sounds Post your pics, videos, and sound clips here.

For those that have seen the car in the flesh

Old 03-03-2008, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: For those that have seen the car in the flesh

Having been to both Chicago and Philadelphia, and having my opinion as to colors, let me share:

1. I am true to the orange. It's the car I wanted in 1970, it's the car I am restoring now, it's the new Challenger I want

2. The orange did look better at Philadelphia than at Chicago. The Philadelphia convention center is very small. It has a much lower ceiling, and it is a ceiling. Mc Cormick, on the other hand, is huge, no ceiling, just girders way, way above and I think halogen or mercury vapor style"cans" way, way above. I think it was the lighting. The blonde doing the narration was also way better than the dull guy at Chicago. Chicago display was much bigger area with large screen loop video playing.

3. The Silver makes the car look elegant, which is in keeping with the "luxury/muscle" heritage, as in, competing with the then Cougar. The black is truly menaciing from any angle. I do not care for the T/S inspired rear spoiler on the Hemi Orange, but I did really like it on the black car.

Not the definitive answer, but sharing my input.

I still have plans for a one day...in & out at New York Auto Show 3/23.
Steve Legel
Old 03-03-2008, 06:45 PM

Chicago black and silver, Philadelphia orange, and me

[IMG]local://upfiles/447/9F403E0F30874BCB9D73CA6B5C6BABC0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/447/D5505CFE386F4790949DD6DFBDD3D707.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/447/E2590B6EBD3344D9B26B7F5BAF43A96A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

Good pictures, I guess that was you in the pictures......lucky dog.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:43 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys, i love the way the hemi orange looks so 'period' i.e 70's in the pics! I think it compliments the vintage shape of the car and just puts a smile on my face every time i see it. You just dont get outrageous colours and decals like this on cars anymore. I think with a set of black torque thrusts with polished lips the car would just look dynamite. Plus it really shows off the cars angles and features like the blacked out grill and bonnet scoops.

On the other hand, whereas black tends to hide a lot of detail on the cars bodywork, it helps to blend in some of the bits i personally ddont like, i.e the black rocker covers and black spoiler which i would probably colour code on the orange car to match. However, i know that the black rockers are keeping in touch with the way the original car was. I do love the way the black draws attention to the twin headlights and especially makes that gorgeous full length taillight pop out at you.

God this is just with the first three colours!! Can you imagine what its going to be like when all of them become available!!!
I cant wait to see all white, sublime, plum crazy and B5 blue!!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:10 PM

My 1970 Magnum 440 RT/SE nearly finished for color comparison

[IMG]local://upfiles/447/E3BFE2BDA3054045ABC3557658BC9112.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-05-2008, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator

Never had much use for Orange until Mopar. Man, does that color just look so right.

Originally, I was all about the Hemi Orange.....Sublime however is starting to look good.

I guess the upside about waiting 'til summer next year, is that I will get a chance to see what they all look like....provided they offer Sublime of course. I guess we'll find out in NY.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:10 PM

I do not care for the T/S inspired rear spoiler on the Hemi Orange, but I did really like it on the black car

Got to agree, from the pictures it looks rather "cheezy". Someone please reassure me that it looks okay.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:54 AM

got anymore pics of the black one?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:44 PM

One of me near fuel tank flip top, amnd one of front grill, neither is great. I did full 360 videos of all three, but don't know how to transfer from cam crder to internet, sorry.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

If your camcorder is digital, that will make things easier. If analog you will need to feed a video capture card on your PC. With a digital video signal you can edit it with software on a PC. You camera could have come with some free video editing software, if not you may have to buy one.

Hopefully that will get you started.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quick Reply: For those that have seen the car in the flesh