Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Sights N Sounds (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-10/)
-   -   For those that have seen the car in the flesh (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-10/those-have-seen-car-flesh-2700/)

koopa 03-02-2008 07:42 AM

For those that have seen the car in the flesh

Can you give guys like me who can only rely on magazine and internet pics (which im still unbelievably grateful for!) an idea of what colour looks best in the flesh out of the first three choices that have been offered? Which colour really shows off the cars muscular lines and highlights its best features.

I love the all black sinister look but there is just something about hemi orange that is so in your face. I can only imagine how awesome
plum crazy or sublime or even all white kowalski-style would look! Damn so many good colours! I wish i could have one of each lol :D

BootCamp 03-02-2008 09:28 AM

RE: For those that have seen the car in the flesh

I haven't see it in person yet either (waiting for the Albany, NY ENYCAR Auto show April 4-6).
I personally like brilliant black and dark titanium for the R/T. But the allure of a "pearl" finish like on Hemi Orange and Inferno Red is attractive when intense light hits them.
Looking forward to seeing them in a few weeks.

Still waiting .....and saving.......and drooling...... for my time to order.

Jeremiah 29:11 03-02-2008 12:54 PM

But the allure of a "pearl" finish like on Hemi Orange and Inferno
Bootcamp, when you see the Hemi Orange version, that pearl color just pops.

The photo colors just do not do it justice. When I first say the Concept at the Dallas Auto show I was just mesmerized and could believe how much better it looked in person.

I know a lot of people do not like the black pearl color, but I really like that color. I think plum crazy will really pop as well, and I my consider that as well.

I can't wait to see how the other retro colors will look in real life and not on the computer.

Cuda340 03-02-2008 03:01 PM

I saw the Hemi Orange SRT at the Philadelphia Auto Show and, like everone says, the photos do not do it justice. The color is just perfect with the flat black accents and hood decal. That will be my color if they offer it in 2009. I heard a rumor, however, that it was a one-time color for the 2008 limited edition SRTs. I hope that isn't true. :(

mopar2ya 03-02-2008 06:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Cuda340
I heard a rumor, however, that it was a one-time color for the 2008 limited edition SRTs. I hope that isn't true. :(
You are correct... one time color is a rumor. Hemi Orange will be available for '09 and beyond, and not limited to the SRT8 according to other sources... Cheers!

tupperware 03-02-2008 06:35 PM

I hate to be the dissenting voice here, but at the Chicago show, the orange looked really flat compared to the black and silver... the video that was played on the large screen directly above the car showed a totally different orange than the one on the car on the stage. I am hoping it was just the industrial flourescent lighting at McCormick Place...

Jeremiah 29:11 03-02-2008 07:58 PM

If the Orange did not pop when you saw it then either the lighting was bad or it was a different orange.

DSkippy 03-03-2008 06:28 AM

Right on Jeremiah. @ Philly, per Cuda340, the color glowed. It stood out. Starkly contrasted from its surrounding environment.

Cuda340 03-03-2008 08:45 AM

The orange pearl color can take on different hues based on the lighting. Florescent lighting plays weird tricks on colors.

Jeremiah 29:11 03-03-2008 06:01 PM

Many shows do not use floresecent but canned lighting bulbs which are dim and you don't get to see the car in all of it's glory.

It also makes it difficult for cameras to focus automatically.