Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Admirers

Old 12-11-2008, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Admirers

I just had to laugh. Some new people are moving into the house next door and just now, both the cable guy and a couple guys delivering a stove showed up at the same time. As we speak, instead of working, all three guys are over by my driveway, checking out the Challenger. It never ceases to amaze me how much attention these cars get.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:01 AM

Default RE: Admirers

I understand, everynight before I go to bed I grab the wife, open the garage door, point and say "Honey look there's a Hemi R/T Challenger in the garage" HUGE GRINS all around!
Old 12-11-2008, 10:09 AM

And, so that feeling of being a "Rock Star" just keeps on going.........
(That means a new Challenger is a gift {of ownership} that keeps on giving..)
Old 12-11-2008, 10:25 AM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

I just had to laugh. Some new people are moving into the house next door and just now, both the cable guy and a couple guys delivering a stove showed up at the same time. As we speak, instead of working, all three guys are over by my driveway, checking out the Challenger. It never ceases to amaze me how much attention these cars get.
My wife and I picked the Challenger up on the Wednesday before Thanksgivings pretty late in the evening. Drove it home under the cover of night so none of the neighbors saw it. The next day we made the rounds to family in the regular daily driver and got back home Thursday evening to find that the next neighbor was throwing a HUGE house party. Everyone had spilled out onto the drive way which faces our house. Apparently someone HAD seen the Challenger arrive the day before. I notice this large group of people headed our way. They pretty much insisted I pull the Challenger out for inspection. It was mostly men with a few ladies following behind out of curiosity. They just stood there staring at it like I had pulled a priceless Ferrari 275 GTB out. If the sun hadn't gone down they would have stood there forever. It was great!