Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

THE BEST 6.1 FORCED INDUCTION?

Old 12-17-2008, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THE BEST 6.1 FORCED INDUCTION?

I have a customer with a 08 SRT8 that is interested in a supercharger or turbo. I did some searching and didn't really come up with what I was looking for and maybe this thread should have been started in the supercharger section but it didn't look like there was much action there. I wanted to get the low down from people who have experience with this subject. This customer wants the best and money isn't necessarily an object. He is looking for the most performance on a stock bottom end and it needs to be street-able. I have already discussed a camshaft change to maximize the effect of the supercharger although I haven't looked into it yet. I have experience with Vortech and Procharger in street and marine applications. I am just doing a little research before I contact manufacturers. Also I would like to use something with a water to air intercooler.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: THE BEST 6.1 FORCED INDUCTION?

The Challenger is really new and only a few examples of forced induction are out. You might try a Charger forum using the same 6.1 or 5.7 engine to see how they rate and what response they got. I hear Saleen has a sweet supercharger but I have not seen any reviews. I think they have it for the 5.7 but not too sure about the 6.1s. Good luck.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE BEST 6.1 FORCED INDUCTION?

Speed Factory
ORIGINAL: bccustomspeed&marine

I have a customer with a 08 SRT8 that is interested in a supercharger or turbo. I did some searching and didn't really come up with what I was looking for and maybe this thread should have been started in the supercharger section but it didn't look like there was much action there. I wanted to get the low down from people who have experience with this subject. This customer wants the best and money isn't necessarily an object. He is looking for the most performance on a stock bottom end and it needs to be street-able. I have already discussed a camshaft change to maximize the effect of the supercharger although I haven't looked into it yet. I have experience with Vortech and Procharger in street and marine applications. I am just doing a little research before I contact manufacturers. Also I would like to use something with a water to air intercooler.