Notices
Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

new suspension kit for my 70 chally

Old 02-11-2007, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new suspension kit for my 70 chally

This spring's project is to redo my suspension. I've almost got my mind set on the Real deal kit from just suspension. Has anymore put this kit on their car? What are you guys experiences or opinons on this or any other suggestions on improving the handling? I want the car to handle way better, i;m not looking at seriously dragging racing it, well an occassional pass here and there. (Thanks eddie for your help already)

I also was considering the alterKation and magnum force kits, but they are a little out of my price range.

Right now the car still has the same 30 year old factory suspension. It doesn't handles very well, as you would imagine. Eventually I would like to put 17in rims all the way around as well.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Old 05-03-2007, 01:45 PM

Default RE: new suspension kit for my 70 chally

I'll give an update what I've decided to do. As of now, I put all new Edelbrock IAS shocks around, xhd Leaf springs, and Front and rear sway bars. From hear I'm looking at doing Just suspension's corner fast kit, which includes 1 in torsion bars, stainless steel strut rods, lower control arms, and pitman arms.

I will include some pics, which I posted in another topic. https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/m...mpage_2/tm.htm
Old 01-02-2009, 12:22 PM

suspension problem

My car makes a thud sound n sumtimz cnstant drumming noise wen it goes over a pothole r a broken patch.. also sumtimz i notice a sound wich feels a s if therz sum metal ring r smthing lying loose n shaking cnstantly,,,,,, will changin the frnt suspension kit ( rubber prts) ..solve this prblem,,ny1 els who hs xperiencd sumthin similar ,,plz leme knw..

thnx
Old 01-08-2009, 04:07 AM

How old are you shocks? I would check ur ground clearance, you might be hitting the road on bumps. I know my header flange hits all the time when I go over a big pothole, even after I putt new shocks and springs on. It constantly drug the ground before a put anything on it, that was one of the main reasons I did it.

It's always a good idea to upgrade your suspension parts to a polyurethane bushing.

If you have any questions just post them up.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:15 AM

ORIGINAL: jdb840

If you have any questions just post them up.
But please...try to use something approaching conventional spelling.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:12 AM

It looks a lot like a case of too much text messaging...
Old 01-16-2009, 11:26 AM

wy u sa tht, jo?
Old 01-16-2009, 03:25 PM

At 71000 miles, my 70 Roadrunner coupe now sports most everything Firm Feel has: big tie rods, upgraded front sway bar, rear sway bar, tubular upper control arms, stage 2 steering box with T/A pitman arm, and a later model front disk brake upgrade.

Unbelievable handling; a complete different car........

Be sure a real live experienced alignment wizard does his magic after these parts are installed. Very important step....

Maybe someday bigger torsion bars, KYB gas shocks, and what would be the third set of leaf springs, but those seem unnecessary so far.

Dick Ross of Firm Feel is a longtime Mopar oval racer himself, so his products are indeed the real thing; Dick is getting ready to do bigger LX platform front and rear sway bars, and maybe even a strut tower brace. How cool is that??
Old 02-17-2009, 05:30 AM

I've heard nothing but good things about firm feel products.

I thinks when I decide to finish up my suspension parts, I'll be getting a few parts through them.

How did the steering box and pitman arms feel when you had them replaced, or did you do all of it at once? That's probably my next step.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:06 AM

I've owned a lot of vehicles but this is easily my favorite. Loaded with all the tech I could want, and even the V6 model has a respectable amount of horsepower and handles far better than I would have expected for such a heavy car- corners flat and drive smooth.

It's not for everyone but this is easily the best of the American muscle cars.