Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Transmission & Differential (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/transmission-differential-18/)
-   -   Hill Assist (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/transmission-differential-18/hill-assist-3027/)

thebroadside 04-14-2008 10:10 AM

Hill Assist

Hey guys, I am really considering this car but I am having a problem with the hill assist idea for the manual version. Do you think this will have an option to be disenganged or at least turned off when the traction control is shut off? My feeling is I already know how to drive, I don't need any help thank you. Thanks for the input.
Chuck

mot250 11-27-2008 11:58 AM

RE: Hill Assist

This may be covered elsewhere but if anyone happens upon this post...

Hill Start Assist - or HSA - is easily turned off using the steering wheel buttons and Personal Preferences (like picking when you want the doors to auto lock/unlock or headlights auto-on with wipers).

If swithced on, the HSA only is activated when at a full stop with the brake and clutch pedals depressed and the grade is 7% or greater. And yes, if you already know how to drive a stick, it is a little anoying.

grifier 11-30-2008 03:37 PM

I don't have steering wheel buttons. How do I turn off? I already installed the skip shift eliminator now I need to get rid of the hill assist. My driveway is on a hill and when I park in my garage this thing is very odd.

Paladin06 11-30-2008 03:52 PM

I think you go into your personnel settings in the EVIC.

RoswellGrey 11-30-2008 06:18 PM

I doubt he even has EVIC, since he lacks buttons on the steering wheel. EVIC is a rather expensive option on the R/T. It is standard only on the SRT.
The best bet would be to check with a dealer.

Paladin06 12-01-2008 07:26 AM

Hummm, yea, I do recall reading that. It sure is a sweet setup.:D

BeBeep 12-15-2008 09:17 AM

I just check my EVIC and cannot find an option to turn it off or on. Is there a secret double button push or something?

BeBeep 12-15-2008 09:42 AM

I figured out what i was missing. The car has to be running to even get the HSA to be an option. Once I started the car and went to the Personal Settings the HSA was available.

tskatz 12-15-2008 10:00 AM

The owners manual explains how to turn this feature on or off no matter wether you have EVIC or not.

6SPDHEMI 12-23-2008 12:18 PM

I like the hill assist. I have some steep inclines around my way and really don t want to smash the car into something in the opposite direction. With that being said, I have noticed that when I ve been on an incline if I up the RPM just a bit with the clutch depressed and let off the brake it will start to roll back. I m assuming the 'hill assist' read its target RPM and cut out. Maybe its me, maybe not but that's just a little observation.