Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Transmission & Differential (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/transmission-differential-18/)
-   -   What will the transmission be? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/transmission-differential-18/what-will-transmission-262/)

Jeremiah 29:11 05-13-2006 08:56 PM

What will the transmission be?

Is it possible this could be true?

Here is a quote from another website I saw:

quote:

"My cousin is an exhaust engineer for DC. They told all employees this:

SRT8 Challenger w/ the 5 speed tiptronic auto trans will be released in 2008.

SRT8 and RT Challengers will be available in 2009 w/ optional 6 speed manuals."

1 Bad Mirada 05-14-2006 08:07 AM

RE: What will the transmission be?

honestly, i think that anything Could be true...i dont know why DCX doesnt just tell us.

RLSH700 06-02-2006 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Is it possible this could be true?

Here is a quote from another website I saw:

quote:

"My cousin is an exhaust engineer for DC. They told all employees this:

SRT8 Challenger w/ the 5 speed tiptronic auto trans will be released in 2008.

SRT8 and RT Challengers will be available in 2009 w/ optional 6 speed manuals."

It's self-expainatory. The 5-speed is obviously going to be the Mercedes A580 transmission since it is used in the LX platform. The only other transmission they have is the 545RFE transmission, and they are not using that in any cars so far. The 6-speed manual will probably be the T-56 Tremec since that transmission is used by their competitors.

Patrick, hasn't it occured to you that they are not letting information out because they don't want GM and Ford to know what they are up to and making so then they can't make their cars with superior outputs? If they let their information out, GM and Ford will up their models. They want to be the best by offering the best. I'm not surprised by this and I don't expect them to tell me.

PVOMan 08-03-2007 03:45 PM

no more autostick

manual/auto 6

paddle/ddc coming srt8

Andre@Edge 04-13-2008 08:05 AM

Same auto transmission that has been part of the LX platform from the start. It's a Mercedes W5A580.

I believe the converter upgrade will be a HUGE gain on this unit based on the gains I have seen in other LX models. It has a small multi disk lock up that will be the first thing I upgrade. This can be fitted with Alto Red Eagle, or Carbinite frictions, and Kolene steels.

dodgebrothers 04-13-2008 04:33 PM

The 6spd is the Tremec 6060...well tested and a tough unit.

RLSH700 04-14-2008 03:58 PM

ORIGINAL: dodgebrothers

The 6spd is the Tremec 6060...well tested and a tough unit.
Pretty much an upgraded T-56. Andre@Edge, you mentioned a "converter upgrade." Are you now referring to the upgrades the TR-6060 has received, or is this an upgrade that the Mercedes W5A580 is supposed to receive?

Andre@Edge 04-19-2008 03:43 PM

The converter upgrade I refer to is for performance. Not a recall, or dealer option.
After seeing the inside of MANY of these srt8 units I know I want mine to have tighter clearances, and about 600-800 rpm of stall increase.
More power to the tires, AND extended longevity to the transmission in performance application.

eslickness 07-27-2008 06:09 PM

Can be ture

BLK 6050 10-07-2008 08:41 PM

There is a 6 page write-up on the 2009 Challenger R/T with 6-speed manual in the November '08 issue of "Musclecar Enthusiast".