Notices
Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Aftermarket Stripes

Old 09-13-2008, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Stripes

Who has tried the Rider Graphix stripe kits? How do they look? Did you get flat or gloss for the finish?

Does anyone else make a high quality satin black SRT hood stripe without the carbon look? Please list suppliers.

Fitz
Old 09-13-2008, 05:44 PM

Default RE: Aftermarket Stripes

yes, id like to see someone offer the rumble bee style stripes or a AAR strobe that starts at the front of the car not just the back half.
Right now Rider looks like the only game in town and do offer quite a large assortment, guess they cant carry every style we want [:@]
Old 09-13-2008, 06:28 PM

I got the 71 lower RT stripe in flat black. Everyone seems to think it goes fine with the 08 cf stripe.

Don't know of any other suppliers.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:26 PM

ORIGINAL: flyingfitz

Who has tried the Rider Graphix stripe kits? How do they look? Did you get flat or gloss for the finish?

Does anyone else make a high quality satin black SRT hood stripe without the carbon look? Please list suppliers.

Fitz
I've had (2) sets of Ridergraphix on my car.....This is the latest and final version

https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/m_51384/tm.htm

I went with gloss black.....due to the CF hood stripe. Love thier stuff and they are awesome to work with!!
Old 09-14-2008, 12:30 AM

You may want to check the yellow pages, in Chester there is a company Vital Signs of Chester that can create any graphics you want, They have done stripes for a friends Super Bee and Daytona.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:44 AM

That stripe looks awesome! The wraparound is really trick.

It is hard to tell from the pictures but is the gloss black look more glossy or satin. I am looking for the satin look all around.

Also, would the gloss look ok in a stripe as wide as the stock srt hood stripe? Or would it look like a piece of plastic stuck to the hood?

Fitz
Old 09-14-2008, 12:14 PM

That stripe looks awesome! The wraparound is really trick.

It is hard to tell from the pictures but is the gloss black look more glossy or satin. I am looking for the satin look all around.

Also, would the gloss look ok in a stripe as wide as the stock srt hood stripe? Or would it look like a piece of plastic stuck to the hood?

Fitz
Its hard to say.....But it matches my CF hood for shiny-ness. perfectly!!! I would say its a satin-gloss. Riders gloss is not as glossy as others. Do you need to match a pre-existing stripe?
What color car are you thinking of putting the stripe on? For me.....that will tell me Gloss....or Satin
Old 09-14-2008, 04:10 PM

I have ordered an R/T in orange and really like the SRT hood stripe. I priced the SRT stripe from the dealer and it was $310 plus labor to put it on. I don't mind the carbon fiber, but don't need it. I'm not trying to clone an SRT, I just like the hood stripe. If the hood stripe were solid instead of carbon, I think that it would look just as good and coordinate better with any other striping that might appeal later on. It also may preclude any SRT wannabe comments.

I really kind of like the stripe on the silver SRT in the pictures and love the wraparound. Some of the other Rider sidestripes may have an authentic feel but the ones that follow the body line look like they should somehow extend farther down the body aft of the roof. The option that has the R/T blended in at the back looks better but still not quite right to me. I do have concerns about so much vinal covering the car. As the vinal ages, I fear that it might start looking like beat up, scuffed plastic even if it is taken care of. This is where actual satin paint would prevail.

As things develop, more striping ideas will appear so I would like to keep all options open. This is why I don't just take the hood to the local paint shop and spray the stripe in satin. I also thought about the snorkel hood option all in black, but decided on the stock, clean looking hood.

Fitz
Old 09-14-2008, 05:20 PM

Ahhh... the beauty of customization... you gotta love it... individuality at its best...
Old 09-15-2008, 10:13 AM

I have ordered an R/T in orange and really like the SRT hood stripe. I priced the SRT stripe from the dealer and it was $310 plus labor to put it on. I don't mind the carbon fiber, but don't need it. I'm not trying to clone an SRT, I just like the hood stripe. If the hood stripe were solid instead of carbon, I think that it would look just as good and coordinate better with any other striping that might appeal later on. It also may preclude any SRT wannabe comments.

I really kind of like the stripe on the silver SRT in the pictures and love the wraparound. Some of the other Rider sidestripes may have an authentic feel but the ones that follow the body line look like they should somehow extend farther down the body aft of the roof. The option that has the R/T blended in at the back looks better but still not quite right to me. I do have concerns about so much vinal covering the car. As the vinal ages, I fear that it might start looking like beat up, scuffed plastic even if it is taken care of. This is where actual satin paint would prevail.

As things develop, more striping ideas will appear so I would like to keep all options open. This is why I don't just take the hood to the local paint shop and spray the stripe in satin. I also thought about the snorkel hood option all in black, but decided on the stock, clean looking hood.

Fitz
Hemi Orange? I would do Flat black with that.....Hood and LWR '70 R/T stripe....just my thoughts! Rider makes some great stripes.....and I too wanted to make sure I mixed the OLD with the NEW (I'm a former Owner of '70 R/T 440 6-Pack Car) So my plans are to do as much of the Old items....and try to mix the new as tastfully as I can. The stripe on my car....Is my remake of the '70 R/T LWr body stripe....which I had on my car back in the day. Vinyl was the stripe of the early cars....and today is the same. With the Vinyl.....you have the oppertunity to try a few looks without major expense as well as rework costs. If the stripe only lasts 5 years...its it will be worth the $230 I spent.....and I'll install a new one! As well as if somehow it gets dammaged by ......who knows what (I have 4 Girls) its easily repaired! Riders great to work with....I worked them over for about 9 months to make the LWR body stripe....and they did! After running around for 2 weeks.....I asked them to modify the front fender stripe to what you see now...5 days later I had it on my car!! Great Guys!
So...have fun with it.....and install what you are thinking of!!

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Stripes