Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Got mine yesterday

Old 11-01-2008, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got mine yesterday

Since seeing this bad boy in Chicago at the auto show a few years ago I have wanted to get in one and drive. I stopped in our local dealer who I have had major problems with both my 99 RAM V10 and 03 Durango to see the one in the showroom. I shut the sales guy up quicky after saying I would never buy anything from them. I stopped back in the following weekend to show my wife. I gave him my info but told him if they get what I am looking for to give me a call and I might give them a chance. 3 weeks ago, I got a call that they had one that just came in and the buyer backed out. We went in the next night and took it for a spin. Brought it back and told them to run some numbers and I got the build sheet. At that time I backed out, I wanted a Black one. I then ran the build sheet online and found out that it was ordered as an RT but had every possible option that is on a SRT minus the 6.1. This was an RT with the MD 5.7 HEMI and every option (most of which are cool but I wouldn't order them) This past Monday I got a call from the dealer offering me more trade (huh, the end of the month is coming), I told them I would think about it. Thurdsay I called and threw them a number, but kept the attitude that if it doesn't work out I'll wait. Got a call yesterday and they threw out new number. At about 3:50 yesterday afternoon I told them I would have a check by 5:30, they woffeled then came through. I got an unbelievable deal on this car, It was only driven 10 miles since I test drove it and only 50 since it was delivered. New problem, I'm here talking about it and searching for stuff online about it and guess what, the wife has been driving it all day, GRRRR.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:05 PM

Default RE: Got mine yesterday

Congrats DarkCorner and Welcome to the forum...

I know you"re gonna love this car once you get a chance to drive it... that is if you can get it away from your wife...

PS... maybe you shouldn"t have told your wife you got it...

Cheers!! Enjoy the ride... be safe... have fun!!
Old 11-01-2008, 01:23 PM

Congrats and what color is it ?
Old 11-01-2008, 02:28 PM

Forgot the most importtant detail, its Deep Blue Metallic.

Wife finally came back and I've been taking some pics.