Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Wow...what a ride!

Old 11-15-2008, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow...what a ride!

Hello to everyone. I purchased an '09 red Challenger R/T about 3 weeks ago. Went to the dealership "just to look." Well, needless to say I fell in love with this car at first sight. I didn't even think there would be one available to see, let alone buy. The salesman said that this was one of the first 3 R/T's to arrive at the dealership. The first test drive was just awesome...I had to take it home. I made a call to my wife and made more consessions than the 700 billion dollar bailout! We got the deal done and I've never been more satisfied with any car I've ever purchased.
This car screams "look at me...now, get out of my way!" Power everywhere and handles the road so smooth. I've seen people forget their green light because they were staring at her. The car brings me back to the eighties when I was a teenager trying to build the baddest ride for friday night cruising. Now three kids later, with job requirements, mortgage and marriage, I finally got my muscle car. I will keep this vehicle until I die and give it to one of my sons. To my wife, I would like to say you are the best, and thanks for your blessing. And the grin...well, it has not worn off since I left the dealership!
Old 11-15-2008, 05:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wow...what a ride!

I think the grin is standard equipment I see you are still in suck up mode But I feel ya. Way to go. Now take the little lady out for a nice dinner that screams THANK YOU... THANK YOU.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:39 PM

Congrats and Welcome to the forum!! Never gets old to hear how happy others are with thier Challengers! And the grin... get use to it... I think it"s permanent...
Old 11-15-2008, 05:44 PM

Badboyz ...have you let your wife drive it yet? Maybe you can get rid of some of those concessions...My husband bought a 2009 SRT last Saturday. I got to drive it this morning for the first time - OMG!!! It is like a caged animal. That car is incredible. The power is always there - we have the standard 6speed - I can't believe it is legal to own a car like this. Car doesn't even sound like it should be allowed to be used to describe it. Heads turn all over the place. You hear it first - like a tiger is loose in the city. And the look on people's faces is like they can't believe what thye are seeing. The midnight black is gorgeous. Let your wife drive it - if she doesn't LOVE it I would be surprised. Just don't be mad if she gets a ticket or two. And if you still have to make all kind of concessions - Hell it is more than worth it!
Old 11-16-2008, 05:28 AM

Thanks everyone! I'm really looking forward to reading how everyone else feels about their Challengers. Some great advice here. Happy to say the wife absolutely loves the car! Planning on doing some mods in the near future, performance exaust, CAI...and I plan on a supercharger install when I learn more. Also, love the stripes on the Hurst Challenger from the SEMA show, but in gloss black, so this will be a work in progress. Just happy I got the car to begin with.
[sm=gears.gif]
I will post pics soon.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:57 AM

Welcome to the site
Old 11-18-2008, 09:51 AM

Sorry "badboy", but you will be unable to remove the grin as it is standard equipment.........(It's just not listed on the windoe sticker).....Enjoy your ride...
Old 11-24-2008, 04:57 PM

Sounds great ! Congrats on the great Car.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:23 PM

ORIGINAL: badboyz

I purchased an '09 red Challenger R/T about 3 weeks ago. Went to the dealership "just to look." Well, needless to say I fell in love with this car at first sight. The first test drive was just awesome...I had to take it home..
Love the "just to look".....that's how it was for my wife and I....hooked and glad of it.............
Old 11-25-2008, 03:29 AM

Welcome to the Forum BadBoyz, I get as much or more attention with this Black 09 R/T than I did with the new 71 Challenger R/T . If you are going some place . But sure to leave early. Because as soon as you get out of the car. There will be people asking about it. I even had a guy stop in front of me in a Parking lot at the Mall and motion me around him . To only flag me down to ask about the car. I have the 6 speed Stick with 3.92 gear's. With almost 1600 mile's on the car since buying it Nov. 7th. My MPG has been 18 to a best of 25 mpg. Just be carefull about pulling out in traffic. I did a donut when I punch the pedal after a car was doing 60 in a 25 zone coming around a curve on me. True American Muscle again. You may have been too young for the 60s or 70's Muscle area . But It has gotten even better with the new Challenger.

Quick Reply: Wow...what a ride!