Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Decisions Decisions

Old 12-12-2008, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decisions Decisions

I know I'll get blasted but I've haven't had any luck viewing the galleries. I'm buying an SRT when I find one, will probably pay too much when I get to it but my biggest decision now is colour...Hemi Orange or Black? How does the stripe look on the black? As much as I've tried I can't get a good feel from anything on the net and I searched the local inventory but there are no Black SRT's within 3 hours.

I was at a dealer today who wanted to rid themselves of their R/T, complaining about another local who were asking an extra $5 G for their SRT...any thoughts?
Old 12-13-2008, 07:20 AM

Default RE: Decisions Decisions

Everything said and done, there are no bad colors on this car. As to price, patience will be rewarded. By searching enough and being willing to travel, you should be able to get even an SRT for MSRP or less.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:32 AM

I think the black looks very nice but the stripe just doesn't set it off like on the orange. While they all look great I still think the orange looks best.

You can get an SRT for MSRP or less in some areas. I wouldn't limit myself to 300 miles if I could save $5K. There are black and orange SRT's available in my area. Good luck in your search.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:49 AM

I have to agree, the new Challenger looks good in all the colors offered. (Even white SE's look ok...*RoswellGrey) It really comes down to your personal preference. I wanted black because I had a 1970 triple black RT/SE in High School. Black is low key so at times people have to do a double take on the car before realizing what it is, whereas some colors, such as the Hemi Orange are really "in your face" type colors. Black also looks lower, richer and meaner in my mind...but then I own a black one so I am bias to say the least. And, one last thing about black.....as you may have read before on the forum...Black is the fastest color! The above is just my opinion...you get the best color for you (BLACK), and don't listen to uninformed members who feel that non-black colors are better.....
Old 12-13-2008, 08:19 AM

We were debating Black blue or hemi orange, but the car we got was black. I'm glad because it is such a NICE black! That deep metalflake is awesome in the sun!
Old 12-13-2008, 08:53 AM

Thanks for the feedback...of course I'm now still torn between the black and Hemi Orange. Hoping to go to a dealer today that has both colours so I can get a look at them side by side.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:58 AM

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

I have to agree, the new Challenger looks good in all the colors offered. (Even white SE's look ok...*RoswellGrey)
Thanks for the compliment, Joe. I think...
Old 12-13-2008, 08:59 AM

Anybody have feedback on the time to order one? I see in RoswellGrey's sig that his was 3 months.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:29 PM

Technically Black is the absence of reflected llight so your car is void of color. That means it is absorbing the full spectrum of light which has to be adding mass to your car and slowing it down something awful, Dude. Now Bright Silver, there's a fast color. Silver reflects everything so it is the lightest color (even more so than White). Bright SILVER, baby.

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

I have to agree, the new Challenger looks good in all the colors offered. (Even white SE's look ok...*RoswellGrey) It really comes down to your personal preference. I wanted black because I had a 1970 triple black RT/SE in High School. Black is low key so at times people have to do a double take on the car before realizing what it is, whereas some colors, such as the Hemi Orange are really "in your face" type colors. Black also looks lower, richer and meaner in my mind...but then I own a black one so I am bias to say the least. And, one last thing about black.....as you may have read before on the forum...Black is the fastest color! The above is just my opinion...you get the best color for you (BLACK), and don't listen to uninformed members who feel that non-black colors are better.....
Old 12-14-2008, 04:03 AM

Brilliant Black is actually made up of quite a few colors. The flakes of color in this particular hue are amazing if you look close. I agree all the available colors are good on the car. We tend to be partial to what we have but I have bought cars before and wished I had gotten a different color. Most of the cars I have owned have been black but I have strayed quite a few times. I think black is classic and never goes out of style (in general for things like clothing). In my view the Challenger is a classic right out of the showroom no matter what color.