Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

SLP Exhaust Update!

Old 01-05-2009, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Exhaust Update!

Well as some of you know I recently order the Loudmouth cat back for the Black Beauty (r/t 6 sp) I have a loudmout on my 95 Mustang GT and put it on myself. It was a breeze to install and its sounds great with little drone and fits perfect! Hence my decision to go with them for the Dodge. I took the car and system to well known professional muffler shop in town and that where the trouble began! I have worked with these guys before and they are good. The tailpipes on the SLP system just would not fit right. They ended up hanging way too low in the cut outs in the rear valance and by the time we both got it so that it wouldn't totally embarrass me, we had spent well over an hour. I called SLP today and they immediately wanted tp blame the installer for the fitment issues, however it is a really simple set up so it should not have been this much trouble. The right side pipe was wanting to ride against the Rear Diff or it had to hit the frame other wise. I've sent Pix to SLP and hope they will help me out somehow. I want to believe they will make good on this issue but I'm not getting warm fuzzies at this point. As for the sound-LOUD and I knew it would be but it is not a good loud inside the cab. The drone is stoopid excessive, unlike my ol 5.0 (I know hemi vs small block ford It sounds like a cup car on the outside but too much for me. Again its the fitment problems that are the biggest issue. So Go ahead guys and say it, come on say it, I can take it[sm=oopssign.gif]
Old 01-05-2009, 04:04 PM

Default RE: SLP Exhaust Update!

hmmm charger guys havent had any issues that i have heard of with SLP.....better check both the installer and slp just to be sure. and yes it is stupid loud....but some people like that....hehe
Old 01-05-2009, 04:50 PM

I watched the install and I have also been a hobbyist wrench turner for a long time. It is defineatley something wrong with the way the tailpipes were formed. Maybe I just got a friday batch or something. I know they just released these systems for the R/T's that might be something. Anyway I like SLP but I'm dissapointed with this setup!
Old 01-07-2009, 06:24 PM

have any of you heard about Cat Back issues causing the computer to choke down the intake. I was told by a reputable source that if you werent using a great programmer in addittion to the cat back system you will actually hurt your performance more than help it. I want a meaner sound but have been leary of that, anyone ever dyno'd to truly determine if you are actually getting the HP lift they claim.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:44 PM

I'm getting a Nasty Drone at 2,100 RPM's with my Catback system also.
I'm pretty close to going back to stock actually.
Gonna take it to the manufacture to see what they can do about it this week.

Goodluck with your problem!