Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

How many have heard

Old 01-10-2009, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many have heard

How many have been asked how they like their new Mustang ! Mostly those in mid 30's or younger . My waitress today where I have eaten for the past year almost every morning . Asked if that was my new Black Mustang . I said Challenger . She said Mustang Challenger . I said NO! It is a Dodge Challenger. She gave me a funny look and said she loved the looks of it . That is about the 5th time I've had to explain that Dodge made a car called the Challenger back in the 70's to different people . And now again. I even had one person say the new Mustang look's much better than the old one. Then I had to explain to them it wasn't a Mustang .
Old 01-10-2009, 08:59 AM

Default RE: How many have heard

That's most likely the result of Ford's much better marketing campaign for the Mustang. All you've heard about is the Ford heritage and anniversary celebration for over 5 years, now. So every time the lay person sees a new "Retro-Muscular" looking car they automatically associate it with the Mustang. I've had people confuse the Challenger for the new Mustang and the Camaro. Most claim they didn't even know the new Challenger was coming.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:09 AM

Chrysler has made no attempt to market this car. What a damn shame because they could have sold so many more.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:39 AM

yep no marketing whatsoever....pretty sad...
Old 01-10-2009, 09:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

Chrysler has made no attempt to market this car. What a damn shame because they could have sold so many more.
Frankly, virtually all Chrysler advertising (aside from Ram pickups and, for some strange reason, the Nitro) has disappeared in the past couple of years. I have the feeling that the first thing Cerberus did was slash the advertising budget to nothing. Faced with this, Dodge execs probably decided to spend the little money they had on something they knew would sell (the Ram) and something they thought (incorrectly) they'd sell a lot of (the Nitro).
Old 01-10-2009, 10:55 AM

It appears as if they have left it up to us owners to spread the word, and I didn't see any "Advertising Discount" on my window sticker to pay me for advertising the new Challenger, which I do every time I drive it.................
Old 01-10-2009, 03:23 PM

I think all of you are right. If I wasn't a car person and get every magizine they sell almost . I would have never knew there would be a new Challenger. I did see Kyle Petty driving a SRT 8 with a 6 speed. And another guy I'd never heard of with one that had the auto . Doing lap's on some car show on TV the other day. It is a shame more people don't know about the Challenger. I only see one on the road every now and then .
Old 01-10-2009, 07:00 PM

Sorry, that is too funny.

So true about the lack of marketing by Dodge. Same thing destroyed the 04-06 GTO (ok, the GTOs bland looks didn't help either).

When it comes to Retro, however, I think Dodge nailed it point blank. The 05-09 Mustang has retro themes from various model years, though primarily the 67 comes through as the most noticable. But the Dodge Challenger looks closer to the acual 70s car. Only the 2004 Ford GT (GT40) looks closer to the original car than the new Challlenger.

ORIGINAL: BkChallenger09R/T

How many have been asked how they like their new Mustang ! Mostly those in mid 30's or younger . My waitress today where I have eaten for the past year almost every morning . Asked if that was my new Black Mustang . I said Challenger . She said Mustang Challenger . I said NO! It is a Dodge Challenger. She gave me a funny look and said she loved the looks of it . That is about the 5th time I've had to explain that Dodge made a car called the Challenger back in the 70's to different people . And now again. I even had one person say the new Mustang look's much better than the old one. Then I had to explain to them it wasn't a Mustang .
Old 01-10-2009, 10:24 PM

Majority of people i encounter ask me how i like my charger and i have to correct them that it looks nothing like a charger and that it is a chally, just shows you alot of people havent seen one up close
Old 01-11-2009, 08:57 AM

I have had the same questions about the Mustangs or Chargers. But to be honest, I like it. I like that Dodge hasnt advertised it. Because that makes it a more rare car, and that help establish more intrigue and/or prestige to the car.

I love not seing a Chally on the road everytime I turn around vs everone from a striped down stang to a Cobra, because other than maybe a Vinyl stripe and a Rousch Kit they all look the same in my opinion and I swear as if it seams there are 3 mustangs for every 10 cars and even 1 vet to 25 cars, but maybe only 1 challenger for every 250 cars or so. Rarity makes it specail in my opinion and I dont hesitate to correct someone on what kind of car it is because that is my time to brag on my baby

Quick Reply: How many have heard