Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

oredred the r/t

Old 01-14-2009, 05:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oredred the r/t

Well I ordered our Hemi Orange R/T yesterday, 27j package, 6 speed, moonroof, and stripes. Hopefully the factory is up and going. how much time should i expect to wait?
Old 01-14-2009, 05:41 AM

Default RE: oredred the r/t

Good deal....the factory should be up and running....it will be well worth the wait.....you can start your countdown to fun.....
Old 01-14-2009, 09:21 AM

I would say you have a year, maybe two to never if they go out of business. Seriously though, I've had mine on order since Oct and nothing has happened. Seems there is a hang up on the six speeds. Supposedly all factories are suppose to be closed for a month from Dec 20th. I was told by the dealer that I shouldn't hear anything about my build date until the 15th, which would be tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath as I was suppose to hear about it on Nov 1st and Dec 1st also.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:18 PM

I actually ordered mine also around September or October... it was going smoothly until the factories decided
to shut down, so im still waiting for mine. Hopefully I can drive it home around February or March.

I had a few chances to pick one from the lots but i already waited this long for my personalized whip, so I decided
to wait longer. Its worth it baby, because when i get my ride I will be soooo excited. I think i'm gonna give the dealer helping me out a call
after this post. Just got excited again ^-^ yayyy
Old 01-15-2009, 07:46 PM

I was lucky..Bought Oct 22 and it was delivered Dec 9th...I live in viewing distance of the plant and my dealer is less than five miles away...I also have a contact rairly high up at the plant, so that might of helped...I know the horror stories about delivery...and feel so sorry for the guys that have there cars "stuck" in delivery codes....Just ordered my 2nd R/T trac pac for the wife on monday (identical to mine...lol) It has a VIN and is in "D" code, so I expect it mid Feb...Things seem to go quicker if you are dealing with a large Five Star Dealer....Also, they only build three Chally's in a row as all models are built on the same line...When they go back to full production on Jan 19...They will be up to 498 cars / Day..(24hr shift)...All cars already built are on their way...So hold your breath...I've been told that it is not a parts problem holding up production...The wait will be well worth it, trust me, mine only has 398Km's on it and is away nice and snug until the salt is off the road....Anyway, I'm lucky to have some inside info on these cars, so feel free to pick the brain....Have fun...Steve
Old 01-15-2009, 09:44 PM

Now this is what I can't figure out. How many Chargers and 300s can they possibly be selling these days? From everything you hear or see, the Challenger is the only car Chrysler has that's selling. Why don't they crank out more Challengers at Brampton?
Old 01-16-2009, 06:09 AM

Typically the niche cars are never intended to be money makers. They are used to draw people into the show rooms and considered advertising costs. Minivans, 4-door sedans and the econo-boxes are. The margin on the Challengers for Chrysler is probably fairly minimal which would explain the hard line they are taking at the dealerships. But with Chrysler annoucing an increase in the Challenger's MSRP maybe they are planning on making it a profit generator.

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Now this is what I can't figure out. How many Chargers and 300s can they possibly be selling these days? From everything you hear or see, the Challenger is the only car Chrysler has that's selling. Why don't they crank out more Challengers at Brampton?
Old 01-20-2009, 09:12 AM

ok guys gals, i have in my hands a sheet from the dealer called a priced order confirmation, listed on it are my cars vin # and the von#, also to the far right of the sheet it has a status which says its D1, and under estimated ship date it says, 01/22/09, what does D1 status mean, and are they really accurate on the ship date? if anyone can find out Ill post the von# or vin#, Im so excited I cant stand it. Thank for everything out there.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:04 AM

Wow, I'm glad I purchased mine off the lot . I had been trying forever to just get a brochure on the Challenger with no luck . Had been in Louisville Ky. about hour drive from my home town. Visiting someone in the hospital . Drove past a dealer that had some Challengers . Stopped in after a salesperson said they had brochures. And found my Black R/T 6 speed on the showroom floor with the option's I wanted . And only the heated engine block option I wouldn't have ordered. But no big deal on that. That was Nov 7th 2008 . And over 5000 miles ago . Love the car. Hope you have your car when you read this.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:32 AM

Hello Gals and Gents, well as of Friday 1/30/09 my car has crossed the border at Buffalo, NY and is on the train headed to Atlanta, ETA at dealer is 02/09/09, cant wait... just keeping everyone posted... thx for everyhting.