Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Ah yes.. the story of Sharkus and his Challenger love affair

Old 02-03-2009, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ah yes.. the story of Sharkus and his Challenger love affair

So I was lucky enough to hit the SEMA NY auto show last year for the release of the Challenger. From that day I studied every part, forum post, you tube video, and internet posting (as well as more test drives then I care to explain) about this V8 Tank I fell in love with at first site. I vowed to own my own however being a musician that didn't seem possible for obvious reasons, but just as we finished our first major album release I landed a cushy job, and my first order of business was to buy my Challenger.. Little did I know dodge made barley any White fully loaded R/Ts ( i love vanishing point and 45 grand is a bit much for the SRT.. plus the hood to fender stripes on the R/T are pretty sick), anyway so I found a dealer in maryland willing to trade one of their high end cars (vipers) for a challenger at a dealership in South Carolina. This guy drove the viper all the way from Maryland to pickup my challenger and drove it back to Maryland for me, some may say its a show of despiration in these financially trying times but to me this sales guy had a deep love an respect for these cars.. as should anyone. mustang/challenger/camaro has a long lineage of manly men, and I wanted to be one of those many men.. now.. I am a manly man,. 26 years old and the first car I buy is this beast.. checkout the pics.. lock your daughters up.

Help me decide on my vanity plate

Option 1 = GoingGreen
option 2 = eat this hippy swine
option 3 = shove this in your pipe and smoke it (may be too long for the plate)

P.S when the dealer had to install my front license plate (maryland law) I almost wept.. but i will have these pictures forever

[IMG]local://upfiles/2205/E2DFCF12940849EC8B08D4ADA11E26B0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2205/AD1E173443054F708D75F55DFABE56DA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2205/7B91444998EA4BA8AA421F5052B800AE.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-04-2009, 04:16 AM

Default RE: Ah yes.. the story of Sharkus and his Challenger love affair

Glad you got your Challenger . I had thought about a white R/T also. But found my Black with silver stripe R/T 6 speed on the showroom floor. A dealer not far from my home town had just got the first shippment of 6 speeds in . Had the option's I really wanted . And none of the stuff I didn't want. My personal Plate read's HEMI RT . And seems to agree with many people that see it. Thumbs up all the time. I love the Movie Vanishing Point also ( I have it on DVD and the metal model car of it ) . I purchased a new 1971 Challenger R/T ( med. green and white stripe down the side ) in Feb. 1971 after getting home from Vietnam . I remember pulling into the local Drive in Movie . And this huge crowd gathered around me . I pulled in at after about half of the movie had played. It was Vanishing Point. I didn't even know what the movie was about when I pulled in . Good Luck with your new car.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:01 AM

great pics man have fun with that thing
Old 02-04-2009, 08:44 AM

Nice pics now go enjoy it.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:46 AM

Welcome aboard Sharkus! Your car and my car are twin "Sisters!" I live in PA and got mine in Sept. Garaged for now !

See below!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1060/C0E6925A7B1949AEB3496AEBB210D912.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-04-2009, 09:51 AM

hahah that's awesome! I cant wait to finally run into another challenger, here in NY I've only seen 2 in the last year. Also I had to give the dealer a bit of a slap in the face today actually, He claimed the tires were Run - Flat RSAs which is why it didn't come with a jack or spare. I read up on it on forums here and found out many people were told the same thing and were left stranded on the side of the street for hours, sure enough I ran the coding on the tire through Goodyear and it was NOT a run flat. The dealership is currently scrambling to find me a spare since I have to pickup the car and drive it all the way to NY next week. Given I've never had a blowout before, and the compressor will come in handy for slow leaks.. but still.. I shutter to think of the Chally rims rubbing against the road.. for as much as this car ran me it should include a midget in the trunk who specializes in changing tires.

Has anyone heard for this B.S before?
Old 02-04-2009, 10:57 AM

Since you have a shark for a nic i suggest your vanity plate read: GR8WHITE