Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

11th Mopar purchase (should I customize?)

Old 02-17-2009, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 11th Mopar purchase (should I customize?)

Hello all,

Bought my 11th Mopar since I was 16 (I am now 41). Picked up the 2009 R/T in the Deep Water Blue last weekend. Fully loaded with the sticker price of 39,000+ (6spd, sunroof, HID, sunroof, 20" wheels, sound group II, Leather, etc)(A few dollars more and could have had an SRT but I really wanted the Blue). I have owned 3 Cudas (2 71's and a 72) and this will be my 2nd Challenger (1st was a 73 Rallye), a 69 Dodge Dart GT, 2 Jeep Grand Cherokees (97 and 00), Jeep Wrangler (97), and a 2004 Dodge Ram Quad.(Still own 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 04 Dodge Ram) This Challenger is AWESOME, I love it. Nicest ride of all. Smooth ride and nice shifting. This one will be a keeper. I've always loved the Mopars and don't see that changing in the future. Biggest piece of crap I ever owned was a Corvette...and this car would destroy it on the track. Deciding whether to leave it stock or customize it. Will it be a collectors item?
Old 02-17-2009, 03:49 PM

Default RE: 11th Mopar purchase (should I customize?)

I was wondering about aftermarket products on mine too but I think keeping it stock should be a serious consideration. Especially since chrysler may go out of business. If so, a stock challenger will hold value throughout the years. Also if we do too much aftermarket stf to the engine we are void the lifetime engine warranty : 0
Old 02-17-2009, 05:13 PM

You can do some simple bolt-ons that can always be removed and returned back to stock. You can improve performance and in the end that what this car reaks. To each his own, believe me the car is fine without any enhancements, but it's fun to do little things as well, personalizing you might call it.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:45 AM

Just remember the more personalizing you do to any vehicle...the more you will tend to narrow the market for that car, should you want to sell it down the road. Everyone has different tastes, and that set of wheels you think are the coolest ever made...maybe the worst ever mounted on a vehicle in someone elses eyes. This is why customs and hot rods never bring the financial return on investment in terms of money and time invested when you sell them down the road. Having said that, most every vehicle I have ever owned has been "personalized" to some extent (some more than others). That is a large part of the fun involved in owning a vehicle, so I say "make it your own"...just remember that the more you do, the less you may get when (and if) you ever want to sell...main thing is...have fun with the car!
Old 02-18-2009, 01:37 PM

Thanks for the great answer. I had thought about some more graphics on the side but I think I'll leave as is. I may get some of the stainless for under the hood and the interior....probably leave the exterior alone. It's amazing how many people stop to look at it as it is. Makes me feel good to own one. Anyone know how many of these were painted this Blue?