Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Mileage numbers??

Old 04-01-2009, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mileage numbers??

What kind of mileage numbers have you guys gotten with your R/T??
My first tank had a lot of steady Highway speeds. The first part of the Tank was showing 24+ on the evic, the later part was down around 21. Putting a pencil to it gave me the same.
Since then I've done good to get 19, but I've had a lot of combined city/hwy driving on those tanks. I'm also more comfortable enjoying the HP now too!!
Old 04-02-2009, 03:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have'nt kept up with it for a few weeks. But when I drove to SC from NC I got 26 mpg on the highway. I filled up just as I went on the highway and topped the tank off when I exited it. 26 is impressive. Since then I have had my foot into it too much to get decent numbers. And my Diablo tune goes in this weekend.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:56 PM

I'm taking my on a 300+ mile road trip this weekend. We'll see what she does with straight highway driving.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you will be suprised. In a good way.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:58 PM

Yea I'm hoping to see a good 25 on the highway.
I generally drive 8mph over the speed limit. This keeps me from getting tickets and shortens my drive times.
The speed limit through most of my drive will be 70MPH, I'll probably hold it at 75 for this trip.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:12 PM

Default My MPG

I average 20 to 21 mpg with mostly city driving and the 4 mile one way to and from town just out side city limit's on a rural road. And I do run the 6 speed through the gear's at about 4000 rpm on the shift in 1st and 2nd gear. I have gotten 24.5 running 80 plus on interstate and some city driving thrown in . And a best of 26.78 cruising on a rural road staying within the speed limit most of the time one weekend drive. I have almost 10,000 miles on my R/T now.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:11 PM

hmmm my mostly city is around 18-19 right now.
I've got 2500 miles on the car and it's an auto tranny.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:25 AM

Default It's not broke in yet

Originally Posted by Capt.Ron
hmmm my mostly city is around 18-19 right now.
I've got 2500 miles on the car and it's an auto tranny.
I could tell a difference after 5000 miles in my engine. More power and mpg. But then again maybe I had gotten past trying it out everytime I took off . The automatic has a more restricted exhaust also. My worse has been 17.5 and that was when it was new and I had pedal to the metal often. Now I just enjoy the ride. My wife's Chrysler 300C get's a average of 18 mpg. And a best of 24 on the road most of the time. I have a drop in K&N filter in both.

Last edited by KyChallengerR/T6spd; 04-03-2009 at 08:26 AM. Reason: wording
Old 04-03-2009, 04:52 PM

I just got my R/T 6 speed last week. so I'm still operating off the first tank of gas. I've got 250 miles on it so far, but the EVIC isn't showing promising numbers. I just wonder how accurate that thing is. The EVIC said I had slightly over 20 mpg on the way home from the dealer. This was a 44 mile stretch of 4 lane highway. Since then the EVIC says I've dropped into the 18 mpg range. When I accelerate, I usually put my foot in it, but I don't normally drive at an outlandish speed. I think my problem may be that I keep it in too low of a gear. I like to feel the car respond when I mash the gas, but if it's in too high of a gear, it won't do it. Therefore, I tend to keep it in lower gears. I've very seldom had it in 6th, although the owners manual says that it can be put in 6th after 40 mph. I couldn't imagine having it in 6th at 40 mph though. In my experience, you get little throttle response from sixth when you mash on the gas unless the car is doing 75 or above.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by KyChallengerR/T6spd
I could tell a difference after 5000 miles in my engine. More power and mpg. But then again maybe I had gotten past trying it out everytime I took off . The automatic has a more restricted exhaust also. My worse has been 17.5 and that was when it was new and I had pedal to the metal often. Now I just enjoy the ride. My wife's Chrysler 300C get's a average of 18 mpg. And a best of 24 on the road most of the time. I have a drop in K&N filter in both.
Ok well the first stretch of the trip was not as promising as I hoped.
21.8 mpg @75mph
I was bucking a bit of a crossing headwind though. I also was climbing a little in elevation. The trip was Dallas to Lubbock.
I'll be headed back on Sun and the wind is supposed to be out of the north west. Hopefully it'll be a little better.
BTW- did you notice much performance improvement from the K&N drop in filter?
Their website doesn't boast any HP increases for it but I know the one I put in my CTD Ram made a major improvement.

Quick Reply: Mileage numbers??