Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Track Times

Old 05-31-2009, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Times

Well I had my SRT8 out at Bandimere Drag strip today. It is my first time on the track but a few things really stood out. Number one, the CAI and Diablo makes a big difference. Number 2, you better be a good driver if you want to beat my automatic with your six-speed.
First, I raced a driver with a bone stock SRT8 and my CAI and Diablo combo combined to cut 0.6 seconds off. He had an auto also so it was a pretty good comparison. I smoked him.
Second, the guys with the six-speeds were spinning tires and getting bad times. They have a low rear end and I think it is too much torque unless you are a really good driver.
Finally, I am a bit bummed out. I did not break 100 mph. I know I am at about 5600 ft altitude at Bandimere here in Denver, but I know I can do it if I get a good start.
The specs: ET 14.379, 99.53 mph ( I won't post the R/T it was not pretty)

Anyone else have track tales?
Old 06-01-2009, 03:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

R/T 6-speed so far with a sorry driver... 14.3 at 104 mph. Never got a clean run. Either I shifted to 5th from 2nd or I spun real bad at the start. I will run at Z-max first chance I get. I should run a 13.5 or 13.6 at 105-106.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:21 PM

What altitude are you at, lear? Do you have any mods?
Old 06-02-2009, 05:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure on the altitude and my mods are intake and diablo preditor 91 oct. tune. I'm toying with the idea of headers and full exhaust.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:21 AM

Listen to the 'Ford' guy,both of you need to look at Mickey Thompson drag radials before you do ANYTHING else.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:07 PM

Talking

Yeah, I know German dude but I am really not that serious to go out and but extra wheels and tires especially for drag racing. I just want to go out on amatuer night and mash the throttle down and drive my car home.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:34 PM

I bet they make a big difference
Old 06-30-2009, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Colorancher
Yeah, I know German dude but I am really not that serious to go out and but extra wheels and tires especially for drag racing. I just want to go out on amatuer night and mash the throttle down and drive my car home.
Hmmmm just stick to armor all on your tires,taste less shirts,ED,balding,gold chains. If you dropped 45-50k on a car and you claim you want to run at the track a set of rims or tires should be your last concern. Just go to your local cruise-in and pull the chair out of the trunk so you wont be embarassed, its ok. You still might be able to impress your old-lady or grandkids-everyone else will just laugh.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by germansheperd
Hmmmm just stick to armor all on your tires,taste less shirts,ED,balding,gold chains. If you dropped 45-50k on a car and you claim you want to run at the track a set of rims or tires should be your last concern. Just go to your local cruise-in and pull the chair out of the trunk so you wont be embarassed, its ok. You still might be able to impress your old-lady or grandkids-everyone else will just laugh.
"Different strokes for different folks". If that's what he wants to do that's his business.
At some point you decide not to throw more money at things and just enjoy what you have.

Why don't you drive a Z06?
Old 06-30-2009, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by RRUNNER
"Different strokes for different folks". If that's what he wants to do that's his business.
At some point you decide not to throw more money at things and just enjoy what you have.

Why don't you drive a Z06?
I had a Z06 for 4years and currently also have a C6+a 2008 Mustang GT.

Quick Reply: Track Times