Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Cannot believe no "spare donut "for challenger!

Old 10-07-2009, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Cannot believe no "spare donut "for challenger!

just another blunder from dodge.dealer told me a spare donut tire is not even available for my 2009 challenger. wtf???
so,when i get a tire blow-out on the road,i can count on my "tire repair kit" in the trunk to rescue me? way to go dodge!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 06:40 PM

Unhappy

Believe it or not,I think a spare is a option.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:09 AM

The spare tire is an option on the SE models, one I made sure to get when purchasing. I've read that there is not a doughnut option for the R/T and SRTs because the difference in tire size might screw up the differential. I believe there are other posts regarding this on the site here. Good luck
Old 10-08-2009, 09:17 AM

you know....you would think when you buy a car that Chrysler would just comp a jar of vaseline to customers ahead of time,
kinda like the spare tire inflation system we get with our Challengers, it's totally useless, you're screwed whether you use it or not....
Old 10-08-2009, 12:01 PM

Cool not much has changed.

If you rememberer back in the 70's you only got a donut spare and it wasn't even inflated they gave you a bottle of compressed air for it.

So nothing has changed much from the 70's how is that for retro.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

The older members have probably heard me say this close to a thousand times, but this type of thinking is reminiscent of the logic that the White Star Line used. Hey, I've got a great idea on how to lower costs and the weight, we'll lose the spare tire because blowouts never happen. My next plan is to remove car locks, security systems, and bumpers because we are all honest people and accidents never happen. Things will work perfectly in this perfect world, and it will be perfect if I say it is. Hmmm...why is the water running on the deck of this ship, well, it's probably intended because it's unsinkable.

The idiots who decided to offer these without a spare should be sued personally. It's all around irresponsible. Heck, I don't even carry a donut, I have the real deal in my trunk.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-13-2009, 09:05 AM

^ now now, c'mon, what's an accident? that's a myth...... no such thing as accidents... LMOA... gees after what I went through, why bother even putting an engine in these things??? what I think manufacturers should do is just sell you a car, delivery it to your home and place it in your garage. It doesn't need to drive.... oh wait I already have one of those... looks like I'm a step ahead........

RLSH , you are right, unless they are planning on implementing th estupid costly run flats on every car, a spare SHOULD be installed on EVERY vehicle.

Last edited by canadiancanuck; 10-18-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:20 AM

The optional spare was their token attempt at weight savings
Old 10-16-2009, 11:13 AM

dont forget the only way in to your trunk is with the fob or dash button
if the battery goes dead you have to crawl through the back seat
to pop the trunk, so they eliminated the key for that too.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:56 PM

wow, never thought about that way.... damn they REALLY put alot of thought into these cars and there features.....hahaha kinda like the window drop freezing in the winter, can't even get into the car.

Quick Reply: Cannot believe no "spare donut "for challenger!